Wheelock College of Education & Human Development Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Wheelock College offers UG, PG and Doctorate courses in the field of Education, Counseling Psychology & Applied Human Development. Education Leadership & Policy Studies and Langauge & Literary Education. While applying for admission, an applicant should keep the following points in mind.
- Applicants can apply through Common Application or Coalition Application.
- Interview is not mandatory but recommended by the university.
- Submitting a letter of recommendation is compulsory.
- The applicant can check the application status on MyBU portal.
|Application Portal||Common Application or Coalition Application|
|Application Fee (non- refundable)||95 USD|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card|
|Intake Sessions||Fall/ Spring/ Summer|
|Contact details for International email@example.com|
SAT/GRE/TOEFL Code: 3087
MAT code: 2352
ACT code: 1974
Wheelock College Admission Deadlines
The university offers most of the programs on a rolling basis. However, some programs like Ph.D. in Counselling Psychology and Applied Human Development will not accept applications after December 12, 2019 for the Fall 2020 semester. Some of the important deadlines are given below.
|Spring ||Sept 11, 2018|
|Summer/Fall||Jan 15, 2019|
Wheelock College International Admissions
The requirements for international applicants are the same as domestic applicants, however, they have to fulfill some additional requirements.
- Official transcripts
- Statement of Qualifications and Objectives.
- 2 letters of recommendation have to be submitted by the recommender instead of the student.
- Applicants are advised to submit supplementary writing pieces.
- GRE or MAT scores are required for some courses.
- English proficiency test scores are required.
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae.
- There are various specific departmental requirements as well which include auditions and interviews.
English Proficiency Test Score Requirements: Minimum required scores for admission are given below.
|Test||Minimum required score|
|TOEFL- iBT for TESOL program||90|
|TOEFL- iBT for all other programs||84|
|IELTS for TESOL program||7.0|
|IELTS for all other programs||6.5|
Visa Process for International Students
- The selected applicants will be issued the I- 20 form from the Wheelock College.
- Following documents have to be submitted by the applicants in order to obtain the I- 20 form
- Completed International Student Data Form
- Financial documents which include a current bank statement
- Letter of Sponsorship, if applicable
- A copy of the biographical page and page which has the expiration date of the passport.
- Copies of previous U.S. immigration documents, including I-20 information and visas
- After completing the I- 20, applicants have to pay the SEVIS I- 901 fees.
- Apply for F-1 visa by completing the DS- 160 visa application.
- Documents required for completing the DS- 160 visa application are:
- Travel itinerary
- International travel history
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of admission and invitation obtained from the college
- Schedule and attend the visa interview by consulting the US embassy in your country
Wheelock College Undergraduate Admissions
Wheelock College provides comprehensive academic programs. Both major and minor programs are offered by the college.
- Official transcripts of secondary school.
- Teacher evaluation
- Counselor recommendation and School report form
- SAT or ACT scores.
Wheelock College Graduate Admissions
Wheelock college provides teaching based masters programs in the field of Mathematics, English, Science, Foreign Language and Social Studies. All graduate programs have same requirements.
Application form: bu-sed.liaisoncas.com
Application deadlines: Fall - August 1
Application fee: 95 USD
- Statement of Qualifications and Objectives
- Equity & Inclusion Statement
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official standardized test score reports (For Master of Education in Counseling)
- English Proficiency requirements -
The admission procedure is not very selective and most of the applicants are admitted to the college, provided they fulfil the minimum required conditions. The university reviews the application holistically. Factors such as extracurricular activities, recommendations, and essays or personal statements are also taken into account.
Typically, it takes eight weeks for an admission decision to arrive after an application is complete.