University of Washington: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1990, University of Washington - Bothell campus is a public based institution. It is situated in the suburban area of Bothell, Washington and has been accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. UW Bothell offers undergraduate and graduate programs through five schools based on different fields. It also provides various first year and pre- major programs.
The acceptance rate is 79%, indicating somewhat selective nature during the admission process of UW Bothell. The total number of students currently enrolled there is 5,936 students, of which 5,364 are undergraduate students, while 572 are graduate students. Around 9% of students that are currently pursuing their education at the institution are foreign citizens.
In the year of 2018-19, 61% of undergraduate students and 54% of graduate students were debt free. This underlines the financial aid factor and cost factor of the institution to be considered along with the quality education while applying here. The institute is also known because of its partnership with 375 community businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies. All these factors make it one of the most preferred universities to study in the US.
- #1 in the country for the category of public colleges that provide the greatest return on investment by CNBC Make It, in the year 2020
- #2 in the state of Washington for the category of Best Value Colleges by SmartAsset, for the year 2019
- #5 by Washington Monthly magazine among the best four-year colleges in the USA for adult learners for the year 2019.
|Courses Offered||Bachelors and Masters|
|Total Enrolled Students||5,936|
|Accepted Test for English Proficiency||TOEFL and its equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Grants, Loans, and Scholarships|
- The Bothell campus of University of Washington has a suburban setting and shares it with Cascadia college.
- The campus of UW Bothell is known for the living ecosystem it provides through North Creek Wetland.
- Sarah Simonds Green Conservatory which occupies 2,800 square foot area is a greenhouse, which is available for public visit as well.
- The primary goal to establish it on the campus was to promote and give access to the students with the resources required for research.
- Along with other basic facilities, the campus also houses Activities and Recreation Centre, Sports and Recreation Complex, UW Bothell Herbarium, and three library buildings.
- The institution has more than 60 student clubs and organizations.
- These clubs are spread across the fields of academic, cultural and international, health and wellness, political and social action, recreation and leisure, religious, special interests, student life, and volunteering.
- There are on-campus accommodation facilities available for students.
- Some eligible students are also provided with financial aid to help with the payment of residential services.
- There are also options available for off-campus housing for international students.
- Residential buildings are situated at walking distance from the main market area of the town. It is also well connected through transport facilities.
- The well furnished apartments available for accommodation of students also include other services such as, cable TV, high speed internet, 24 hours electricity, water supply, and campus security for 24/7.
- They also provide special housing facilities and build for students with disabilities.
- The charges for accommodation are to be paid quarterly. Below are the cost of the residence for Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 mentioned along with the apartment type:
|Apartment Type||Quarterly Rate (USD)||Annual Cost (USD)|
|Single room within a shared apartment||4,380||13,140|
|Double room within a shared apartment||3,210||9,630|
|Triple room within a shared apartment||2,830||8490|
- The institute offers degrees for Bachelors and Masters programs, along with additional options of first year and pre - major programs.
- There are 55 different programs available at UW Bothell, across a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses for students to opt from.
- They also provide students with computer support and mentoring is available for first generation students as well as English Language Learners.
- All the programs are taught at five different schools that are integral part of the institution.
International applicants must follow the below mentioned steps to ensure submission of complete application form if applying for admission at University of Washington - Bothell Campus.
Application Portal - UW-Bothell Campus Admission Portal
Application Fee - 75
Application Deadlines -
|Early Action||November 15|
|Regular Decision||January 15|
Although, the application deadlines may vary according to the majors as well. Therefore, applicants are requested to check the college website.
- Official high school/college transcripts
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 during the course work of secondary level
- Proof of completion of College Academic Distribution Requirements
- All the past academic records
- ACT (code: 4497) or SAT (code: 4467) test score card sent from testing agency
- The score report of Language Tests for English Proficiency from all the international applicants.
|Test||Minimum Score Required|
Cost of Attendance
- International students are recommended to calculate an estimate of their expenses while studying in the US.
- Approximate cost of attendance for a student is mentioned below:
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Room and Board||12,636 USD - 15,942 USD|
- The institute provides the students with various types of financial aid services, which includes grants, loans, merit and academic based scholarships.
- The priority application deadline to apply for a number of scholarships offered by UW Bothell is January 15.
- The requirements include writing essays, resume or a CV, transcripts, and letter of recommendation. Students are requested to work on these as early as possible.
- As international students, students are eligible for many scholarships, some of which are:
- UWB General Scholarship: This scholarship can be availed by students globally on the basis of their financial needs and merit. This scholarship ranging from 750 USD to 3,500 USD is to be applied for once by November or April end.
- Mary Gates Leadership and Research Scholarships: Several scholarships worth 4,000 USD which are paid over two quarters, can be availed by full time UW graduate students. It must be applied for by October and January end.
- Zonta International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship: This scholarship worth 2,000 USD is for women (undergraduate and graduate) pursuing a Business related degree.
- Natalie K. Lang International Student Scholarship is a special scholarship that is offered to F-1 international students or to students who are an immigrant in the USA.
- Students can also apply for external scholarships to fund higher education in the US.
- The alumni network of the institute is one of the largest networks in the country with 56,000 members from all across the globe.
- The benefits that are provided to the alumni of the institution includes career services, mentoring services, discounts and offers, NETID access, transcripts, podcast and streams, and connections with alumni of all three campuses of University of Washington.
- Some notable alumni are:
- Jack Edward Nichols - American professional basketball player
- Stefan Torres - Nursing social media influencer
- David Ryder - Independent photographer
- The institute helps the students with internships and equips them with a professional edge.
- The alumni of this university made 6,09,000 USD in 20 years, where the national average is 22,500 USD.
- There are two online platforms through which the university allows its students to place themselves in a job or an internship and interact with the employer.
- UW Bothell also organize career fairs, campus engagement meetings, employment community interactions, have partnerships with various organizations, and vast networking to build up confidence of their students.
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
One of the primary reasons I chose to attend UW was because the faculty of the Neuroscience department is highly ranked and regarded throughout the nation. UW has a strong research infrastructure which suited my interests and career prospects. The location also played a significant role in my decision as I preferred living in a city rather than a college town. Being a public university, the tuition was also reasonable compared to private universities. Additionally, other students from my high school also chose to go to UW which gave me further confidence in my choice.
Course Curriculum :
Operating in the quarter system, the course curriculum is very rigorous and challenging. Nevertheless, UW offers a diverse range of courses which gives students plenty of opportunities to explore interests. However, UW accepts a small fraction of students as direct admits, therefore, getting into desired major is very competitive and introductory courses are challenging. Having a large faculty and being located in a commercial city, research and industrial opportunities are plenty but placements are often competitive.
When I was looking for different universities for computer science, through social media, I came to know about the high-quality education, amazing Infrastructure, and small class size of this university. I had options whether I could choose Seattle or Bothell campus. So I chose Bothell because of its high placement records. For the online application, I had paid $75.
Course Curriculum :
In high school, I was fond of learning software languages and reading about the new inventions in the software industry. Luckily I got a little bit similar course structure in my bachelors that I usually thought about during my school days. I learned different programming languages here with hours and hours practicing code execution in them. I had been provided a deep clarity in algorithm and data structures concepts. large scale cloud computing and data minings were my major strengths in the overall curriculum.
In order to pursue my graduation in a foreign country, I applied to the University of Washington (Bothell). I filled up the application form on its official website and the form cost was $75. I completed my schooling with 89%, which was sufficient to get admission here. I heard about this university from one of my neighbors, whose relative was studying here at that time. He helped me a lot by giving a detailed explanation of the process of admission.
Course Curriculum :
I have been provided a wide course structure which encompassed theory and practical concepts of several important subjects. These subjects helped a lot in understanding the deep concept of retail management, marketing, and especially in economics. Apart from classroom sessions, the professors used to assign us some extra tasks in order to complete the understanding phase of a specific concept.
I got to know about the University of Washington - Bothell Campus through a friend whose sibling pursued her undergraduate studies here. After doing thorough research I decided to apply. I had paid an application fee of $60. Having scored a good percentage in my high school (science stream) helped during the admission process, which was completely done through the online portal.
Course Curriculum :
The course of computer engineering has a combination of both hardware as well as software studies of the computer system so that we get the knowledge required to become skilled in both the domains. Topics like object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, technical communication, etc are being covered.
Studying at the University of Washington - Bothell Campus made me understand my course better while engaging in the critical theories and concepts of my course. The university also uses an associative approach in the design and development of interactive media. Also, I paid $75 for the application fee to make my application considerable.
Course Curriculum :
I am being provided an expansive understanding of the processes and methods involved in conceiving, creating, and evaluating technology-mediated experiences. With the help of this course, I am getting a chance to create media products ranging from video and immersive artworks to web-based while working in collaboration with my classmates.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary