College of Charleston is a public university located in Charleston, South Carolina, United States. Established in 1770, it is the oldest college in the state and the 13th oldest in the country. The college is also a sea-grant and space-grant institution.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- 61 majors, 78 minors in undergraduate programs, 24 graduate programs and 10 graduate certificate programs are offered through 9 schools and colleges.
- Popular majors are - Business, Management, Marketing; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Social Sciences; Visual and Performing Arts; and Psychology.
- The university has a campus of 52 acres with 11 residence halls providing on-campus residence to 31% of student population.
College of Charleston Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/iTEP|
|Application Fee||USD 50|
|Intake Season||Fall – March 1; Spring – August 1; Summer – January 1|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for both UG and graduate programs are submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Estimated Cost in USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,211|
|Room & Board||12,048|
- 49% of students receive financial aid from the university
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 3,184.
College of Charleston offers its alumni benefits like career services, insurance programs, library services, alumni store and more.