Delaware State University (DSU) is a Black, public university located in Dover, Delaware. It was established in 1891 and has other two campuses in Wilmington and Georgetown. Its sprawling campus stretches up to 400 acres.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- 42 undergraduate, 21 graduate and five doctoral programs, under four colleges are offered at Delaware State University currently. Some of the popular majors are – Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, Business, Management, Marketing, Fitness Studies, Psychology, etc.
- Delaware State University offers on-campus residence facility to its students. It includes four residential halls which can accommodate around 682 students.
Delaware State University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts; SOP; LOR|
|Test Scores||UG: ACT/SAT Graduate: GRE/MAT/GMAT|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Application fee||UG: 35 USD; Graduate: 50 USD|
|Additional Requirements||Essay and Resume; Personal and Financial Statement|
|Intake Seasons||Fall: February 1; Spring: November 1|
How to apply – To apply for admission to Delaware State University for:
- UG: Apply through the online portal of the university, available on the official website.
- Graduate: Apply through Graduate Admissions Portal.
Cost of Attendance
|Room and Board||6,976 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,900 USD|
|Meal Plan||4,364 USD|
|Other Expenses||2,219 USD|
The students at Delaware State University are offered financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans and grants. It is mandatory for students to submit the FAFSA on or before deadline, to receive financial aid.
- The average scholarship value for freshmen is 11,893 USD.
- About 77% of the freshmen receive financial aid in some form.