University of Oregon: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
A renowned public institute located in Eugene, USA, the University of Oregon founded in 1876 has seen impeccable rankings and feedback from great personalities of the world. The university is highly regarded in the US Education System for its unparalleled research conducted on its widespread campus of 300 acres. It is a site of diversity and inclusion with an international student population of nearly 12% from about 100 countries across the globe.
The Institute provides over 300 diverse courses at undergraduate and graduate levels across its 9 colleges and a graduate school. The programs regarded highly at the university include its MBA, Master in Computer Science and Architecture and are a coveted choice among international applicants looking to study in the USA. It is also home to one of the best football, track and field teams in the country.
Admissions at University of Oregon are offered on a rolling basis and observe November 1 and January 15 as its early decision and regular deadlines, respectively. With an acceptance rate of almost 83%, the institute is indeed one of the least selective organizations countrywide.
- The institute ranks at #104 in National Universities as per the survey results of US News 2020.
- It also stood at #69 in the category of Best Colleges for Veterans, 2020.
- The university has also been honored at #181 in Best Value Schools 2020 by a similar survey.
|Annual Endowment||912.5 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||87%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
|Campus housing facility||21%|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as grants, awards, and scholarships|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- Well-established and sustainable university campus spread across an area of approximately 300 acres
- Surrounded by vast expanses of flora and fauna across Willamette River, Cascade Mountains, and the Pacific Ocean
- Consists of almost 80 buildings, Deady hall being the first to be started in 1876
- Main campus consists of Johnson Hall, which has administrative offices, academic halls and the center of all activity
- Sports events are conducted in the South campus where the Hayward Field is present
- Phill and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific impact houses world-class scientific research activities and equipment
- The institute provides residential communities to house students sharing the same courses and interests and promotes study groups
- Compulsory for first year international students to live on campus
- Availability of single, double, trip and suite-style rooms across 10 residence halls such as Justice Bean Hall, Hamilton Hall, and Global Scholars hall starting at a rent of 3,000 USD (for fall term) and includes an unlimited meal plan
- University Housing offers 5 meal plans, with varied cuisines in dining halls and cafeterias.
- Basic facilities include workstation, wifi support, and housing service center.
The institute offers an array of courses for international students with almost 300 undergraduate and 80 graduate programs to choose from. The courses are available across its various 9 schools and colleges which are discussed as follows:
- College of Arts and Sciences offers 46-degree programs in Humanities, Social Sciences and natural sciences; grants close to 75% of the doctoral degrees
- Charles Lundquist College of Business houses top 5 green MBA programs (Princeton Review), MS in Sports Product Management being top highlight
- College of Design offers 10 UG, 19 PG courses and more than 110 scholarships, most popular being of Architecture, Museum Studies and Planning
- College of Education with 2,000+ students have the options of choosing from 14 courses with psychology being the most popular
- School of Journalism & Communications has 13 Pulitzer prize winners amongst fraternity, Advertising and Media studies being the most famous courses
- School of Music and Dance students are attracted towards courses of Music performance, composition and choreography
- School of Law attracts great majority, has 3 top-ranked programs of Legal Writing, Environmental law and Dispute resolution
Top Programs in University of Oregon
University of Oregon Application Process
How to Apply?
Application portal: Choice between Common, Coalition and Oregon Application (requirements for all are same)
Application fee: 75 USD
Deadlines (for Fall 2020 enrollment):
|Early Action||November 1, 2019|
|Regular decision||January 15, 2020|
|Document deadlines||Feb 15, 2020|
Basic Admissions Requirements
- Official transcripts to be electronically sent or mailed to the institute in a sealed envelope.IELTS or TOEFL required to show English Proficiency
- ACT or SAT scores required only for Clark Honors College (no minimum requirement for either type of scores)
- Financial documents
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (optional)
- Resume/CV (additional)
- GMAT/GRE for graduate applicants
- The requirement of years of study for each field is different PG programs
University of Oregon Cost of Attendance
To aid seeking admission at the institute, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US looking to enroll at the university has been tabulated below.
Tuition fee and other expenses for undergraduates are as follows:
|Type of Fee||Residents (in USD)||Non-Residents (in USD)|
|Tuition and fees; Based on typical enrollment for new incoming undergraduates of 15 credits for each of three terms, totaling 45 credits per year.||13,857||39,309|
|On-campus residence halls (including room and board) Based on the most common type of room. University of Oregon students live on campus for their freshman year.||12,783||12,783|
|Books and supplies||1,140||1,140|
|Type of Fees||Residents (in USD)||Non-residents (in USD)|
|Tuition and Fees; Based on full-time enrollment (9–16 credits per term)||17,787||29,991|
|On or Off-Campus Housing; Monthly costs: housing $1,056; food $337||12,534||12,534|
|Books and Supplies||1,140||1,140|
The institute provides loans, awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA. The university gives away over 265 million USD scholarships every year. About 65% of the undergraduate receive some types of scholarships every year.
The average financial aid amount of a freshman is around 15,217 USD. About 66% of the new students get scholarships and grants. For work-study and scholarships for international students, one must apply before 15 January.
Some of the awards available for international applicants include:
- UO Excellence Scholarship (15,000 USD per year): Freshman securing 3.90 or more (out of 4.00) and 1450 in SAT or 33 in ACT
- Summit Scholarship (10,000 USD per year): Freshmen securing 3.80 or more (out of 4.00), 1250 in SAT or 26 in ACT.
- International Student Work-Study Program (500-6,000 USD per year): Grants more than 50 on-campus work-study awards to international students with financial need.
The institute also provides various other studentships some of which are as mentioned below.
|Apex Scholarship||7,500 USD|
|Shephard Family Scholarship for International Students||Amount varies every year|
|International Cultural Service Program||9,000 USD - 31,000 USD|
|Pressman Family Scholarship||1,000 USD|
|Jim and Jean Tattersall International Student Scholarship||1,000 USD- 3,000 USD|
- Notable Alumni: Phil Knight, Kaitlin Olson, Ann Curry, etc.
- Course discounts (Kaplan Test prep), Nike Employee Store, annual 20% discount coupon to the Duck Store, etc. are some of the benefits of joining the alumni association
- An unconventional advantage of being part of the Duck community is Advocacy, as members have known to have participated in legislations, especially Senate Bill 270 in 2013.
- Student recruitment is another way that alumni members help present students. This not only allows the students to land great career options but also build a strong network in the fraternity of their choice.
The institute offers a variety of options for career building: Student positions, internships, job placement, etc. ‘Handshake’ members are allowed access to a well-built network of present and past students for such opportunities. Membership does not end at a stipulated time.
Regular events of career fairs, networking with employers, on-campus interviews keep students engrossed and focused on their long term career goals.
The University Career Centre is active towards students gaining professional experience through a variety of platforms and opportunities. They also cover aspects such as building LinkedIn profiles, resume crafting, etc. The median starting salary of alumni is around 49,600 USD.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://admissions.uoregon.edu/apply
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #301 - #350
Ranked #251 - #300
Ranked #251 - #300
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #301 - #400
International Business (International)
View More >>
QS World University
Ranked #601 - #650
To pursue my dream of studying abroad, I decided to pursue my master's in the USA, which I decided to do during my bachelor's too but couldn't do because of some issues. I paid an application fee of $75 on the official website.
Course Curriculum :
This program is studio-based, with a full complement of professional courses with opportunities to focus in an area of special interest. We can take advantage of numerous on and off campus opportunities for expanding their academic experience.
My close relatives live in the USA, so I decided to pursue my masters from abroad then I have to apply for the universities in Oregon. I applied to 2-3 universities and my application got selected here. I have applied online via the official website by paying $75 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
In the program, we learn more than just how to crunch numbers. We attain excellent conceptual technical skills that will allow us to excel in productive and successful careers as a future business leader. Also, we practice the communications skills necessary to share the story the numbers reveal.
I decided to go here as I wanted to benefit from an amazing array of on-campus resources that support health and wellness, study, work, and recreation. I also had access to world-class arts, food, and natural areas nearby. My GPA was 8. I was required to submit an application form for the application fee of $70.
Course Curriculum :
The Lundquist College of Business master of the accounting degree program helps each student develop professional knowledge and skills foundational to an accounting career. The courses you take are at the center of the experience and they are part of an integrated set of activities, experiences, and resources that help you reach, discover, and achieve your potential.
I choose this college beacuse it promotes excellence, innovation, and inclusiveness across all graduate programs. Serving as the institutional home for graduate students, the Graduate School provides cross-disciplinary experiences, funding, and professional development; advocates for graduate students. My GPA was 7, and I was required to submit an online application costing $90.
Course Curriculum :
I found the Ph.D. program in biology to be both challenging and rewarding, with ample opportunities for individual training in our chosen field. In addition to scholarly pursuits, many students find time to enjoy the cultural and recreational activities that help make the Eugene area an attractive place in which to live.
My relatives had settled in Portland Oregon, and my applications of the University of Oregon had got shortlisted , this it was easy to make decisions. University of Oregon was one of the 15 colleges where I had made applications. Applications were made back in India. Back then the application fee was quite less and the acceptance rate was high. Though my scores were not very high I did not face much problem, the application fee was $75. I had persuaded commerce since my high school, then undergraduation, so I decided to pursue MBA.
Course Curriculum :
My program was quite updated. What ever was promised was imparted. Practical classes , field visits were very good. It is a full-time program and open to a variety of undergraduate degrees. It includes core business fundamentals as well as curricular specializations in one of five areas: advanced strategy and leadership, finance and securities analysis, innovation and entrepreneurship, sports business, and sustainable business practices.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary