Texas Christian University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Texas Christian University (TCU) is a private university situated in Fort Worth, Texas. It was established in 1873 by Addison and Randolph Clark as the Add-Ran Male & Female College and after going through a series of relocations, it was finally moved back to its original location Fort Worth in 1910.
Over 200 programs at Texas Christian University are offered in undergraduate and postgraduate study options. With students coming from over 80 countries, it is a popular option among many international degree-seeking students who want to pursue their higher education from the US.
With 117 undergraduate majors and 103 graduate study areas, TCU is known for having one of the best MBA programs in the US. SuperFrog, the official mascot of TCU created in 1979, got listed in Top 25 College Mascot by Sports Illustrated.
Texas Christian University Rankings
Texas Christian University rank amongst the top institutions in the United states. the ranks granted to TCU by various ranking agencies are mentioned below:
Texas Christian University ranked #171 according to Times Higher Education US College Rankings 2021.
As per QS Top University ranking, 2021 the TCU is ranked in between #161-170 in US Universities,
US News and World Report ranking 2021
- Ranked #80 in national universities
- Ranked #50 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- Ranked #61 in Best Teaching (Undergraduate)
- Ranked #87 in Best Value Schools
- Ranked #366 in Top Performers in Social Mobility
- Ranked #33 in Best Engineering Programs (Undergraduate)
TCU ranking according to the Niche, 2021
- Ranked 9 out of 1,408 in Best College Campuses in America.
- Ranked 10 out of 362 in Best Christian Colleges in America.
- Ranked 34 out of 896 in Best Colleges for Education in America.
- Ranked 30 out of 209 in Best Colleges for Information Technology in America.
- Ranked 40 out of 789 in Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance in America.
- Ranked 72 out of 878 in Best Colleges for Communications in America.
- Ranked 111 out of 793 in Best Colleges for Political Science in America.
|Total endowment||1.71 Billion USD|
|On-campus housing capacity||52%|
|For general inquiry||817-257-7000|
|Financial Aid for International||Available through grants and scholarships|
Texas Christian University Campus
- Texas Christian University has several academic schools and colleges:
- AddRan College of Liberal Arts
- Bob Schieffer College of Communication
- M.J. Neeley School of Business
- College of Education
- UNTHSC School of Medicine
- Brite Divinity School, a separate institution run by the Disciples of Christ is also housed on TCU's vast campus and their students also have full access and use of TCU facilities.
- Mary Couts Burnett Library of TCU provides numerous intellectual tools, innovative technology, all supported by approachable and resourceful staff, to serve TCU’s learners community.
- The university maintains NCAA Division I teams of baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, swimming and diving, indoor and outdoor track, and field, rifle, equestrian, and many more.
- Students can choose between 200 student organizations such as student government, the school newspaper, religious groups, intramural teams, or music choirs.
Texas Christian University Residence
- TCU residence halls create communities in which students live, study, and socialize at ease.
- There are a variety of options for the students to choose from 16 residence halls. Some of them are:
- Clark Hall
- Colby Hall
- Foster Hall
- There is a range of off-campus housing close to campus to fit students' needs.
- Roughly half of the university’s undergraduates live on campus in one of the 16 halls of residence or alternatively in the on-campus apartments.
- Most of the halls are co-ed.
- All freshmen and sophomores are required to have a meal plan.
Texas Christian University Programs
- With 117 undergraduate, 65 master’s level, and 38 doctoral programs, programs at TCU ensure quality pathways to greater achievements for students in the future.
- The institution offers undergraduate degrees in business, communication, education, fine arts, liberal arts, nursing and health sciences, science and engineering as well as international studies, ranch management, and women’s studies.
- Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Criminal Justice, Finance, etc are some of the popular master’s programs.
- In addition, Texas Christian University students must take a core curriculum that includes courses in heritage, mission, vision & values; human experiences and endeavors; and essential competencies.
- The university has its own specialty study abroad programs in London; Florence, Italy; and Seville, Spain, and coordinates with other schools for students wishing to study elsewhere.
Texas Christian University Application Process
- With an acceptance rate of 41%, admissions at Texas Christian University is very selective.
- To apply, students have to make sure whether they meet the minimum requirements for that particular course of study.
- Application Portal: Online portal
- Application Fee: 50 USD
- Admission Requirements: The following documents must be sent by email after applying:
- Official High School Transcripts.
- An essay chosen one from any of the prompts provided by the TCU application.
- SAT or ACT scores
- TOEFL/IELTS scorecard
- Early decision agreements (for early applicants)
- Optional application materials
- Admission Deadline: For regular admission, applicants are asked to submit their documents before February 1 and for early action the deadline is November 1.
Texas Christian University Cost of Attendance
- Tuition fees vary from course to course.
- The following tables indicate the expenses for some of the courses:
|Tuition fee for Fall 2021 fee(per annum)||51,570 USD|
|Student Government Association||90 USD|
|Average Hall Cost||8,340 USD|
|Cost for basic meal plan||5,700 USD|
|Book and Supply Cost||900 USD|
|Tuition fee for Fall 2020-Spring 2021 fee(per annum)||32,220 USD|
|Graduate student activity fee||48 USD|
|Book and Supply Cost||900 USD|
|Average Hall Cost||17,370 USD|
- The direct costs listed above do not include travel expenses (estimated 1,400 USD), loan fees (96 USD), or miscellaneous personal expenses (estimated 3,828 USD).
Texas Christian University Scholarships
- Based on academic achievement and promise, scholarships may be awarded to international students to fund studying in the US. Some of the scholarships provided are:
- Freshman Academic Scholarships: TCU rewards outstanding scholarly achievement through academic scholarships. These awards are based on the strength of the high school curriculum and standardized test scores. A 3.0 cumulative GPA is required after the freshman year and a 3.25 cumulative GPA is required in subsequent years.
- Transfer Academic Scholarships: It is TCU’s most competitive merit award which includes full tuition for six semesters. Eligible students are required to submit two letters of recommendation and a resume.
- Performance-based Scholarships: TCU also offers a variety of talent-based awards. The recipients of these awards are recommended by the individual departments. This includes awards in fields like Athletic, Dance, Music, Choir, etc.
Note: All students who apply by the Regular Decision are considered for the scholarship.
Texas Christian University Placements
- According to the Princeton Review, the Texas Christian University ranked #11 in Best Career Services.
- 78% of Undergraduate students either get enrolled in graduate programs or get employed within 3 months of their graduation.
- 4 out of 5 undergraduate students at TCU hold internships.
- Average starting salary is 52,369 USD.
Frogjobs powered by Handshake is a mobile platform similar to previous Frogjobs but more user-friendly here students can make their account and access the jobs based on their interests, major and skills. This facility is also available for alumni.
TCU assigns carrier consultants to each academic college on campus. These consultants are the trained personnel appointed to address the specific needs of students related to their carrier goals. Students are offered Career Expos, Information Sessions, Company Site Visits, hiring managers through Networking nights, direct meetings with recruiters, and on campus interviews.
Following services are provided to students and alumni free of cost:
- Personal Brand Advice
- Major Career Choice Plan
- Career and Personality Assessments
- Resume or Cover Letter Reviews
- Practice Interviews
- E-Portfolio Review
- Job and Internship Search Advice
- Graduate School Application and Resume Review
- Job Offer Evaluations and Salary Negotiations
- Presentations and Over 200 Events Each Year
Major employers are Accenture, ACH Child and Family Services, Amazon, Fossil Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Jacobs Engineering Group, Dell, Deloitte, Facebook, DaVita Healthcare Partners, etc.
Texas Christian University Alumni
- The TCU Alumni Association helps connect alumni of TCU from all over the world and keeps them in contact by organizing various events, seminars, and programs for alumni.
- Notable alumni of TCU include:
- Kyle Bass, Founder, and principal of Hayman Capital Management, L.P.
- John Davis, Billionaire entrepreneur; 1-800-Flowers founder.
- Wendy Davis, State senator and Democratic candidate for governor of Texas in 2014
- Rob Thomas, writer, and creator of Veronica Mars
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal : https://admissions.tcu.edu/apply/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
The course is affiliated with the church and is one of the most popular private universities in the country. I particularly liked the data science course in my bachelor's. And this is the reason why I wanted to join the college under this university as well. The online application charge was $50 and to be submitted through the college admission for the undergraduate portal.
Course Curriculum :
The course starts from the very basic covering the know-hows of python programming language. Then gradually object-oriented programming and statistics are taught to the students. Before moving onto algorithms and neural networks, feature engineering and feature selection are covered in the course.
When I decided to study abroad I looked for the university that provides nationally recognized curriculum, distinguished faculty, outstanding CPA exam pass rates, and outstanding career placement. I shortlisted three of them and was selected at the Texas Christian University. This professional course at the university will help me to prepare for both academically and professionally.
Course Curriculum :
Professional Program in Accounting is designed to prepare us for the accounting profession. It will help me to develop the professional and leadership skills necessary to begin a rewarding career in the accounting field.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Train Station
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary