Dean College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Dean College was founded in 1865 and since then, it has been one of the prime educational institutions of the USA. It is a private college situated in Franklin Massachusetts. The institute inspires the students to reach the peak of success. It also provides assistance to the students regarding further studies or placements. The college has over 1,200 full-time students out of which 5% are international students. Over 97% of the students at Dean would recommend the college to their juniors.
- Dean College has received a number of national, state and local awards.
- It ranks 25th in the list of the top regional colleges-North region according to the U.S. News & World Report 2020.
- The college received National Recognition as a College of Distinction in 2019-2020.
- It received recognition in four categories.
|Endowment||USD $42.1 million|
|Cost of Attendance||$69,293|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||18 to 1|
|Campus Housing Capacity||84%|
|Merit-based aid awarded by Dean College to students||$25 million|
|Student Retention Rate||70%|
- Dean College has four schools which are School of Business, School of the Arts, School of Dance and School of Liberal Arts.
- The College provides a number of bachelor’s and associate degree courses to the students. Part-time continuing study programs are also available.
- Some of the most popular majors include Dance and General Business Administration and Management which prepares the students for a better future.
- The College also offers various pre-college summer programs to the students in science and sports-based subjects.
- Over 90% of the students of Dean College live on campus. The campus is built of 100 acres.
- Some of the on-campus facilities include fitness centers, E. Ross Anderson Library, and bookstores.
- The college has a number of academic clubs. Various recreational activities are organized from time to time
- The local community is also quite good. Some of the nearby places of interest include Patriot Place, Fenway Park, and Capron Zoo.
- The College has a number of residence halls which include Adams Hall, Bourret Hall, Dean Hall, and Horne Hall.
- Different types of residence options are provided to the students like a suite-style living, condo housing, unisex residence halls, and co-ed residential halls.
- Some of the basic facilities include a twin-bed, chair, table, closet, and dresser.
- The residence halls also have a lounge and common areas for the kitchen. Laundry services are also provided.
- Application Portal: There are two ways to apply to Dean College
- Dean College Application
- Common Application
- Application Fee: No application fee is required.
- Student Class Profile:
- Total enrollment: 1,550 Full-time Students: 1,200 Part-time Students: 350 Students enrolled in bachelor’s degree program: 85 % Students enrolled in associate degree program: 15%
- Average Class Size: 18
- The student to faculty ratio: 18:1
- Standardized Tests Accepted: Scores: SAT/ACT, IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English, Cambridge Assessment of English, ITEP, GTEC.
- Supporting Documents: High-school transcripts, college transcripts(if applicable), SAT/ACT score (optional), Letter of recommendation (optional), Documentation of financial support (international students), Passport ID page (international students) and a personal statement or essay.
- Percentage of international students: 5%
- Graduation Rate: 95%
Cost of Attendance
- The tuition fee is 40,214 USD. This fee is the same for both residential and commuter students.
- The new students will have to pay a new student fee of 300 USD and the activity fee is 200 USD.
- The living expense is around 19,000 USD. This includes room charges, meal charges, and transportation charges.
- The room and meal charges for the residential students are 10,900 USD and 6,358 USD respectively.
- The students have certain other expenses as well like Books: 1,000 USD/ year and Transportation: 1000 USD/year.
Financial Aid for International Students
- Over 95% of the students studying at Dean College receive financial assistance.
- The different types of financial aids include scholarships and grants, Federal Student Loan and Federal Work-Study.
- The international students can apply for various merit-based scholarships.No additional application form is required for that purpose.
- They receive around 5,000 USD-15,000 USD per year as scholarships.
Financial aid statistics for residential students
|Type of Financial Aid||Value Received (2019-2020)|
|Scholarships and Grants||27,000 USD|
|Federal Student Loans||5,500 USD|
|Federal Work-Study||1,500 USD|
- Dean College alumni network has over 25,000 alumni.
- The alumni get to be a part of various interesting events that take place from time to time.
- Some of the benefits which are offered to the Dean alumni are discounts at bookstore, discount at dance performances and theatres, lifelong education and many more.
- Some of the notable alumni include Charles Hedges: politician and Jack Cronin: American footballer.
- 96% of the students who have a bachelor’s degree from Dean are working or are a part of some graduate school.
- Al the bachelor’s degree students complete 1 year of internship before graduating.
- The graduates have been working in various reputed organizations like Walt Disney World and Imagination Stage.
- From day one, the college will prepare its students for their future.