Kenyon College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Kenyon College is a private liberal arts college located in Gambier, Ohio. This deemed college was established in 1824 by Philander Chase and is among the nation’s finest Liberal Arts Colleges. The Kenyon College, USA comprises only a single campus which includes a 500-acre nature preserve.
Approximately 4% of Kenyon’s student body is represented by 18 international countries. The college offers more than 50 majors and minors in 37 areas of study. It awards only undergraduate degrees. International students aspiring to study in the U.S. can look out for this college as well. The faculty, staff, and students of this prestigious college work together in the field of Arts and innovation for the betterment of the world.
- As per the rankings of the U.S. News, Kenyon College ranking in the 2020 edition of best colleges in National Liberal Arts Colleges is 27th.
- Ranked 71 in Forbes’ America’s Best Value Colleges
- As per the Times Higher Education 2020 ranking, this college is ranked 91st in terms of US Rankings 2020.
|Endowment||238.2 million USD|
|Cost of Attendance||71,710 USD|
|Campus Housing Capacity||100%|
|Student-Faculty Ratio||9 to 1|
|Admission Helpdeskemail@example.com, 740-427-2634|
|Student Retention Rate||69.00%|
|Acceptance Rate (Fall 2019)||34%|
- Kenyon College, USA offers over 50 majors, minors and numerous concentrations in various disciplines including Arts, Anthropology, American Studies, Biology, etc.
- Kenyon College consists of around 1600 students enrolled in numerous programs offered by the college.
- This college also offers a total of 13 interdisciplinary programs that reflect the academic reality that important insights often draw on various fields.
- Special orientation seminars are organized for students enrolled in bachelor programs.
- The campus of Kenyon College stretches across 1000 acres.
- The College also offers exceptional programs, opportunities to collaborate with the faculty, and the atmosphere of a small and welcoming community.
- Student Affairs has numerous offices that look after the various needs of the students including leadership development, residential programs, public service, career exploration, and community engagement.
- The college campus offers students the advantages of small classes with convenient accessibility to dedicated faculty members.
- The students can also indulge themselves in various student clubs, guest lectures, art exhibitions and numerous musical events organized by the university campus.
- Kenyon College, USA also offers housing facilities to students in the college campus itself. However, students can also opt for off-campus housing.
- Kenyon College offers students a variety of housing options ranging from traditional residence halls to college-owned apartments and houses on campus.
- Five residence halls are available to students who study in the first year of the program at Kenyon College, USA.
The annual housing rates 2019-2020 are provided in the table below:
|Residence Halls (Bushnell, Caples, Gund, Hanna, Leonard, Lewis, Manning, Mather, McBride, Norton, Old Kenyon, and Watson)|
|Apartments (Acland, Farr Hall, Morgan, New Apartments, North Campus, Taft Cottages and programmatic houses):|
- Applying to Kenyon is fairly easy and there is no separate application portal for international students/ Non-U.S. citizens.
- Application Portal: Students are advised to apply through a Common Application or through the Kenyon Coalition Application.
- Application Fee: Nil
- Application Deadline:
- Regular Decision: January 15
- Early Decision: November 15
- Student Class Profile :
- Total Applicants: 1676 undergraduate students.
- Percentage of international students: Around 4%
- Average standardized test scores accepted: SAT Math Section: 680; SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 680; ACT Composite:31; Average GPA of at least 3.9.
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL iBT- 100; TOEFL CBT-250; TOEFL PBT-600; IELTS-7.0
- Supporting Documents:
- Official test scores
- Official school report
- Official transcript
- Official letters of recommendation from one teacher and one counselor (or school administrator)
- Statement of purpose
- Health certificate
- Resume for the ones with job experience/prior experience
- Visa/passport (if required)
Tuition and Estimated Student Budget (2020-2021)
The estimated average semester-wise cost of attendance for undergraduate programs at Kenyon is given below
|Budget Item||2020-2021 Academic Year (USD)|
|Tuition||30,400 USD per semester|
|Room and Board||3,705 USD|
|Student Fees||150 USD|
|Books, Supplies, and Transportation||3,000 USD|
|Health Insurance||1,450 USD|
Financial Aid for International Students
- Numerous scholarships in the form of Grants, Loans, etc. are available for international students and the applicants are required to apply for the same at the time of application for admission.
- First year international students can apply for financial aid by filling the ISFAA form while applying for admission.
- International students are awarded merit-based aid and are also considered for talent scholarships in music, art and writing. They must apply separately for the talent scholarships.
- The scholarship amount is adjusted in the university bill and the final bill is handed over to the student.
- The college also offers numerous loan facilities to international students which offer financial help to students who are pursuing any degree program from the USA.
- Alumni of the Kenyon College, USA are offered numerous benefits including access to offers made by the Kenyon Credit Union, Alumni Debit Card, Alumni Rewards Visa Credit Card and high-yield Certificates, free access to library and health & fitness services.
- A few notable alumni of this deemed college are given below:
- Allison Janney – Oscar-Winning Actress
- John Green’oo – Best Selling Young Adult Author
- Josh Radnor – Television Star and Film Director
- Laura Hillenbrand – Critically Acclaimed Writer
- The Kenyon College, USA organizes a variety of career fairs for its students:
- Engineering Alumni Careers, Fall Career Fair, Startup Career Fair, Creative Industries Career Fair, Civil and Environmental Career Fair, and Spring Career Fair and numerous others.
- Reports say that an alumnus of the Kenyon College can earn up to 75000 USD.