University of Southern Mississippi (Southern Miss) is a doctoral research, public university founded in 1910. Its main campus is located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. It has an alumni network of more than 120,000 people.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- A total of 189 programs including bachelors, masters and doctoral are offered under five schools at Southern Miss. Some of the popular majors are – Nursing, Psychology, Business Administration, etc.
- On a 300 acre campus, the university offers residence facility, which includes eight residential halls and The Sorority Village which can accommodate 294 students.
University of Southern Mississippi Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts; SOP; LOR|
|Test Scores||UG: ACT/SAT Graduate: MAT/GMAT/GRE|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/PTE|
|Application fee||UG- USD 40; Graduate – USD 60|
|Additional Requirements||Essay and Resume; Personal Statement|
|Intake Season||Spring – October 5; Fall – May 1|
How to Apply - Log on to the official website to apply for admission to:
- UG Programs: Apply through Southern Miss UG Application- http://choose.usm.edu/pageFull.php?id=699016
- Graduate Programs: Apply through Southern Miss Graduate Application- http://apps.usm.edu/graduate-school/grad-school-apps/
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
|Room and Board||10,618 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,500 USD|
|Personal Expenses||1,840 USD|
- The university offers part time jobs for undergraduates, through which they can earn up to 3,600 USD.
- There are both subsidized and unsubsidized loans for students along with parent loans.
- The acceptance rate for admission to the university is 58%.