Hope College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
In the fall semester, 2018, a total of 4,362 application enrolled with Hope College. Around 3150 students enrolled with the college. The acceptance rate of fall 2018 semester was 72%. The college offers a total of 91 majors, minors and pre-professional programs.
- Applications can be made through Application portals-Common and Coalition application portal.
- SAT/ACT and GPA are required for admissions
- English language proficiency scores are required for the admission of international applicants
- 5% of total applicants are of international origin
|Application Portal||Common Application Portal|
|Application Fee||USD 35|
|Avg. SAT Score||1200|
|Avg. ACT Score||26|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships from $3,000 up to $15,000|
Hope College USA Admission Deadlines
|Fall Applicants||August 1|
|Spring Applicants||February 1|
Hope College USA International Students Admissions
International applicants at Hope College are required to submit additional documents for admissions. The admission process for international and national students remain similar.
Academic Requirements for International Students
- School reports, transcripts of secondary school or any post-secondary school official transcripts (submitted by guidance counselor through the common application).
- Translations of transcripts, if required
- Annual Financial Support Form, if applied for scholarships.
- ACT/SAT score
- GPA- 3.7
- English language proficiency test scores
English Language Proficiency Test Score for International Students
For a non-English speaking country’s student, it is required to present the evidence of proficiency in the language. The test scores required are:
|TOFEL||79 With no sub-score, less than18.|
|IELTS Score||6.5 With no sub-score, less than 6.|
|PTE Academic Score||58 with no band below 53|
Visa Process for International Students
- Applicants are provided with Form I 20 after submission of the following documents:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor letter, if applicable
- Completion of the I-20 and payment the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview.
Hope College USA Undergraduate Admissions
Undergraduate courses at Hope College are offered in 90 major, minors and pre-professional programs. In general, the process of admission the same.
Where to apply: Common Application Portal
Application fee: $35
- SAT and ACT scorecard
- SAT- 1090 to 1320
- ACT- 23 to 29
- High school transcript and school report.
- Official transcripts, if attended any college.
- GPA- 3.7
- A letter of recommendation for homeschooled students.
- English language proficiency test scores for international applicants
- Departmental Requirements:
- Attend two orientations.
- Submit the Major and Minor declaration form.
- Minimum SAT reading a score of 480.
- Minimum SAT writing the score of 5.
- Minimum SAT mathematics score of 530.
- ACT reading score of 22 or more.
- ACT combined English and Writing score of 22 and 6 or higher.
- ACT math score of 22 or more.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 on a scale of 4.0
All the first year students are required to complete the application by 1 November and the college administration will mail you their decision during the week of Thanksgiving. The students with SAt score of 1320 or more and/or ACT score 23-29 are directly considered for application.