Millsaps College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
With a moderate acceptance rate of 59% (Fall 2018), Millsaps College enrolls nearly 985 students each year. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The university invites applications for Fall and Spring seasons.
- Applicants can apply for undergraduate and graduate courses via Millsaps college online portal and through the common application.
- Millsaps College accepts English proficiency scores of exams such as TOEFL and IELTS.
|Admission Portal||Millsaps College Online Portal,|
|Retention rate||87.7 (Last 5 years)|
|Mode of Payment||Master Card/ American Express/ Discover/ Visa|
|Intake Sessions||Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Grants, Loans|
Millsaps College Admission Deadlines
The applicants should take care of the deadlines and apply for the same before the below-mentioned deadlines:
|Season||Application Deadline||Notification no later than||Deposit Deadline|
|Early Action||November 15||January 15||May 1|
|Fall||Deadline Extended- Apply Now||March 15||May 1|
|Spring ||November 1||December 1||December 15|
Note: The deadlines are common for undergraduate and graduate programs for international students.
Millsaps College International Admissions
International applicants are required to fulfill the following requirements/ criteria in order to apply for the application.
Admission requirements for International Students
- Applicants must submit the application form either the common application or university’s online portal.
- Applicants are expected to complete and submit International Qualifications Self-Report form, which requires the following documents:
- Secondary/high school transcript in the original language with an English certified translation
- Millsaps is test-flexible. The applicant can submit their national examination resultsorIB, SAT, ACT, AP, IGCSE/GCSE/GCEscores
- English Language Proficiency (IELTS and TOEFL)
- Official transcripts and test scores will be required before the student may receive anI-20forthe F1 U.S. visa and must be received prior to enrolment. The official scores can be sent using the following test codes:
- ACT: 2212
- SAT: 1471
- TOEFL: 1471
- Submission of the I-20 Financial Support Form wherein the students must demonstrate that they have necessary funds to support their education while studying in the U.S. Accordingly the applicant is granted scholarships and grants.
The requirements and criteria’s for International Transfer Students are the same. However, they must have transfer credit
- The applicant/ counselor can send recommendations at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will be checked and shortlisted on the basis of their academic record, the course work was taken, performance in that course work and performance on standardized tests.
- The applicant's biographical information, extracurricular activities and essay, along with a counselor and teacher recommendation, will also be considered in the decision-making process.
International English Proficiency Test Score
The applicants can submit English proficiency scores of exams such as TOEFL, IELTS. The minimum criteria for the same are listed below:
|Testing Organization||Minimum Requirement|
Note: Secondary education in English instructed curriculum (minimum of 2 years) is also required.
Visa requirements for International Students
- Applicant must obtain I-20 from Millsaps College in order to obtain the F-1 Visa. F-1 status is for full-time academic and language students who are pursuing a degree or certificate.
- SEVIS must be submitted by the applicant.
- The applicant must follow the US Embassy/Consulate’s instructions to schedule an interview for a student visa application and ensure a checklist for the same.
Millsaps College Undergraduate Admissions
Millsaps College offers numerous undergraduate courses for the applicants. The requirements of each would vary from course to course.
Where to apply: Millsaps college online portal, Common Application
Application Fee: Nil
- Official high school records
- Minimum GPA- 3.55
- SAT/ACT scores
- High school transcripts
Millsaps College Graduate Admissions
The university offers some graduate programs. The common requirements are listed below:
- Supporting Documents:
- Official Transcripts
- Academic Achievements
- Health Insurance
- Declaration of Finances
- Copy of Passport
- Latest Resume
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of Intent
Note: The requirements of each document would vary as per course.
Though the college has a moderate acceptance rate, still, the admission to the college is not that easy because of low enrollment and high GPA requirement. However, it looks quite promising as it has a retention rate of almost 87.7%.