Kent State University(KSU) Kent Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
One of the eight Ohio campuses, Kent State University is a public institute in the USA. The university currently ranks among the nation's top 77 public research institutes by the Carnegie Foundation. With around 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and more than 2,57,000 alumni worldwide, the organization is one of the renowned names in the US Education System.
The university offers more than 200 education abroad programs in more than 60 countries overall. An average of over 70 faculties at the institute has the highest degree in whichever field they teach. The university also has 166 active patents for research and has many programs under special accreditation.
The institute is home to approximately 2,500 international students seeking to study in the USA who come from nearly 100 countries. It is located in the Great Lakes region of the nation with a high density of Fortune 500 companies located within 48 kilometers of the campus that offer students internship opportunities to enhance their learning. Admissions at Kent State University are available in 2 intakes of Fall and Spring with an acceptance rate of 85% and thus is a coveted organization with a moderately selective approach towards admissions.
Kent State University RankingsUniversities are ranked as per their performance and calculated multiple indicators. Here are the rankings of Kent State University: As per the US News and World Report 2021:
|Top Public Schools||#109|
|Top Performers in Social Mobility||#174|
|World Universities Ranking||#801-1000|
|Arts and Humanities||#401-500|
|Clinical, pre-clinical, and health||#601|
|Engineering and Technology||#201-250|
|Business and Economics||#601|
|Global MBA Program||#201|
|Total enrolment (full time)||38,000 approximately|
|Registration fee (for international students)||USD 70|
|English proficiency test scores accepted||IELTS/ TOEFL/ Cambridge English Test/ PTE/ Duo Lingo Test|
|Financial aid||Scholarships, Assistantships, Grants, Loans|
Kent State University Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- Kent State University has 8 campuses all across the USA and the entire world. The campus is spread across 950 acres of beautiful land.
- The university serves more than 38,000 students across its 8 campuses. Kent State university is also famous for serving its students in the country’s first gluten-free dining hall.
- The institute was ranked the safest big college campus in Ohio and the 25th safest in the country, according to the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018.
- A full-time, certified police force of more than 30 sworn officers protect the university campus and are on duty 24/7 in support of students, staff, faculty, and visitors.
- With a total of around 131 buildings, the focal point of the university is the University Center with its spacious Risman Plaza, flanked by both the 12-story library and the Kent Student Center.
- Kent State University offers 24 residence halls to its students along with 13 living-learning programs.
- The university also has more than 15 cafes, restaurants, dining halls and coffee carts at the campuses.
- The institute has 11 residential learning communities and more than 20 dining areas for students with proper staff, security and services.
- Applicants can apply for the residence at the campus online.
- Applicants need to submit an application fee of USD 40 and a pre-housing payment of USD 200 before occupying the rooms at the residence halls.
The various residence halls at the university include:
- Twin Towers are suites, with each suite consisting of two sleeping rooms, a living area and a bathroom that are shared with another suite. Beall Hall and McDowell Hall are a part of the Twin Towers housing around 500 sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students.
- Tri-Towers houses over 13,000 students including incoming freshman students, first-year to upper-class students in single and double rooms. The Tri- Towers comprises Koonce Hall, Korb Hall, Leebrick Hall and the Wright Hall.
- Eastway comprises the Allyn Hall, Clark Hall, Fletcher Hall and the Manchester Hall. These residence halls house only first-year students and comprise mostly double rooms.
- Centennial Court comprises five different residences that house all kinds of students in single, double, triple or suite-style rooms.
- The Quad houses first to upper-year students and the Honors College students in double and triple rooms. The Quad consists of the Johnson hall, lake Hall, Olson Hall, and the Stopher Hall.
Kent State University Courses
- There are more than 300 degree courses at udnergdaute and graduate level available at Kent State University to choose from.
- The university also offers online degrees and certificates.
- Other interdisciplinary programs are also offered like biomedical sciences and design innovation.
- The university also offers graduate programs along with research and sponsored programs.
- KSU's College of Business Administration ranked in the top tier "Best Undergraduate Business Programs' ' according to US News and World Report's.
- It’s College of Public Health is the first public health institute in Ohio and one of the largest in the USA offering a bachelor’s degree
- Kent State also offers Ohio's only accredited Master of Library and Information Science program which ranked among the top 20 graduate schools in the field by U.S. News and World Report
- The College of Aeronautics and Engineering offers the largest flight-training program in Ohio and is recognized by major airlines and the U.S. military as one of the top flight schools and best university aviation programs in America.
|Course||1st Year Tuition Fee|
|MS Computer Science||INR 13.6 Lakh|
|MBA||INR 15.1 Lakh|
|BBA||INR 15.1 Lakh|
|BS Architecture||INR 15.1 Lakh|
|MA Applied Mathematics||INR 13.6 Lakh|
Kent State University Application Process
The college welcomes students from all around the globe, students can get the application requirements for every program individually at the website itself, the process is quite simple and can be done easily. Some programs are considered to be competitive and may require additional requirements apart from the general ones, and can be checked online. These programs may require additional admission criteria which may include: resumes, references, interviews and others.
How to apply?
Application Portal: All students are required to fill the online application form through the official website of the university.
Application Fee: USD 70 non-refundable
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Complete university transcript of record
- Financial support evidence
- International students are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge english test certificate/PTE or duolingo test
- Program-specific requirements.
- High school recommendations
- SAT/ ACT scores optional
|Undergraduate Programs||Deadline to Apply|
Proof of English language proficiency
Application Deadlines: The preferred application deadlines for undergraduate admissions to KSU are October 1 for Spring Semester and June 1 for the Fall Semester. The application for the graduate program differs therefore applicants must look for the details on the university website.
Kent State University Costs of Attendance
The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is as mentioned below.
|Type of Fee||International Undergraduate (12-18 credits) (Full time for immigration purposes)||International Graduate (calculated at 9 credits) (Full time for immigration purposes)||ESL|
|Tuition and Fees (1 year, two semesters) - out of state tuition cost) *||USD 21,400||USD 18,957||USD 14,295|
|Living Expenses (estimated)||USD 13,064||USD 13,064||USD 13,064|
|Other Costs:"Medical Insurance and Books/Supplies"(estimated)||USD 5,238||USD 5,238||USD 3,524|
|Total||USD 39,702||USD 37,259||USD 30,883|
Kent State University Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Majority of the students at Kent State University receive some kind of financial aid like awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA.
- Freshmen applicants can apply for the international freshmen scholarship, international civic engagement scholarship and others.
- International graduate applicants can apply for the graduate assistance.
- Students can also visit the Education USA to check more applicable scholarships.
However, international students are not eligible for federal financial aid and grants but can apply for various international scholarships offered by the university. A few of the scholarships offered by KSU are:
- #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship
- Incoming undergraduate freshmen students for fall semester
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on the US 4.0 scale
- Completion of a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay
- Renewable award ranges from 8,000 USD- 9,000 USD per year
- Graduate Assistantship
- These include fellowships or one of three types of graduate assistantships: administrative, teaching or research
- The student will receive a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend in return for up to 20 hours of work per week during the academic year
- A scholarship that may require external funding or a competition
|Scholarship||Amount||Type of Scholarship||Deadline|
|Global Scholarship- For Undergraduate Students||USD 4,000||Available to all incoming undergraduates||Rolling|
|International Freshmen Scholarship||USD 20,000||Merit-based||December 15|
Students can look for external international scholarships to study in the USA that are awarded by various private agencies and organizations. Another financial aid option for international students can include education loans. Students can contact private banks or private lenders based on the terms and conditions involved.
- International students are not eligible for to work off-campus without prior approval
- They can apply for various assistantships and other campus jobs
- Can work a maximum of 20 hours a week.
Kent State University Alumni Network
The institute provides a range of benefits to its alumni. Some of the notable alumni at Kent State University include Steve Harvey, Joshua Cribbs, Jeff Richmond, Julian Edelman, Michael Keaton and many more.
Kent State University Placements
It has been seen that around 92% of students at Kent State University are employed or continue their education within six months of their graduation. Students are employed with more than 1000 employers who offer placements to them. Students graduating from the Kent are even employed across 16 countries all over the world.
Here is a list of salaries offered to alumni of Kent State University as per different courses:
|Bachelor of Science||USD 73,000|
|Master of Science||USD 110,000|
|Bachelor of Arts||USD 47,000|
Ques. What on-campus experience can I expect with my classes being remote?
Ans. You will still have the opportunity to engage in a meaningful on-campus experience.
Ques. What will the classes look like in Spring 2021?
Ans. Classrooms have been rearranged to allow 6 feet in all directions between you and your classmates.
Ques. What happened to my course after spring break?
Ans. Spring break for spring 2021 has been moved from March 29-April 4, 2021, to April 12-18, 2021. After spring break, classes will continue remotely.
Ques. How do I change my schedule?
Ans. To change your schedule, log in to your FlashLine account and go to the Student > Resources > Courses and Registration. If you want courses offered only in a remote instruction, select “Remote” in the location drop-down menu.
Ques. What should I consider before changing my schedule?
Ans. It is important when making any change(s) to your schedule that you ensure that the course(s) you are taking will count toward your program and degree requirements.
Ques. What is the plan for dining locations?
Ans. Dining Services has implemented all coronavirus-safe practices and guidelines established by Kent State with the Flashes Safe Seven principles, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the state of Ohio and the local department of health.
Ques. Are there going to be gluten-free dining options?
Ans. Not only is there a Gluten Solutions station at the new Design Innovation Building, but there is also a gluten-friendly station located in the other all-you-care-to-eat facility, East way Fresh Food Company.
Ques. What about face coverings and identity verification checks for exam sessions?
Ans. If your instructor requires that you do not wear a face covering during your proctored exam, please plan accordingly.
Ques. What is a remote course?
Ans. A remote course is one that was originally scheduled to be taught in an in-person format but is now being taught remotely using a web-based platform.
Ques. Do you offer scholarships?
Ans. Yes, scholarships are merit-based.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal : https://www.kent.edu/admissions/undergraduate/financial-aid
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #801 - #1000
RANKED #601 - #800
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #401 - #500
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #801 - #1000
I came across this college when I was randomly scrolling my Facebook feed and then I searched it on Google and was quite impressed by the ratings, reviews, the courses they provide and also their fee structure which is quite affordable in comparison to the reputation of such a prestigious college. I applied here for an application fee of $90, though that varies every year. It was an online application portal. So, I finally decided to opt for M.B.A, from Simon Business School.
Course Curriculum :
Their M.B.A course integrates analytics-based academics with hands-on opportunities for us to fully concentrate on our careers. I have personally felt that the courses are designed in a way that they provide tools for the students to understand and predict business behaviors while staying at the forefront of the global business marketplace.
Space institute of the University of Tennessee was my dream since childhood, I was waiting for the time when I will be able to join the community. It had everything I wanted to be there from valuing us to taking out the best interpersonal skills and coachings with a scant application fee of $60. The application was processed online.
Course Curriculum :
The course offered thesis and non-thesis option with assistance in gaining knowledge in the special areas.
The prospects and number of colleges in India were limited with regard to a degree in Geology. I started searching for colleges around the world in class 11. I narrowed down to a list of 30 colleges and since this college was in the US I prioritized this college over the ones I was shortlisted in other countries like Uk and Australia. Moreover, my Maternal Aunt has her house which is quite close to my college. Thus this college was the best option for me outside India. The application fee for the online form was $70.
Course Curriculum :
One of the reasons why I opted for an international college was also the curriculum. Our curriculum includes courses concerning minerals, rocks, fossils and field mapping, among others. These courses are supplemented by courses such as introductory chemistry, biology and mathematics. These are in-depth discussions and provide a lot of information. It is helping me and my batchmates to understand the nature of scientific investigation and evidence and also the complex interrelationships of the biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere and the lithosphere through geologic time.
I wanted an international degree to put me on the pedestal and separate myself from the competition back home. Thus I applied to a number of colleges in the US, UK and Australia and I was selected in this college first so I didn't wait and risk losing my admission here so I immediately took admission to this college. The application process was online and the fee for it was $70.
Course Curriculum :
The course provides broad training in the theories and methods that sociologists use to understand contemporary social issues and problems. We are encouraged to think critically to examine issues ranging from small group behavior to global social movements. The core curriculum focused on social inequalities, social psychology and health and illness. The program also has a variety of topics, including urban living, deviant behavior, religion and family. I am loving the curriculum as I am getting to learn certain key aspects of sociology both through lectures and practical approach inculcated by our faculty.
I was looking for opportunities to increase my career prospects in the field of business and management, by doing an MBA in an accelerated manner which provides more professional opportunities and greater learning value. I got to know about the College of Business Administration(Kent State University) through an educational website, I enquired about all the details. This college is not only a reputed one but its MBA program is also accredited AACSB, its ranking is quite impressive. In addition to this, a progressive curriculum with esteemed faculty having rich industry experience is some of the important features of our college. I applied online with an application fee of $70 with my test scores of GMAT and IELTS, official transcripts, resume, three letters of recommendation, and essay of goals and objectives.
Course Curriculum :
The course is progressive and spans over eight weeks, it has been structured in a well-organized manner with a strong emphasis on core concepts followed by hands-on activities such as self-assessment, personal branding, negotiation skills, networking, and career exploration, development and planning.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary