Kansas State University, USA: Ranking, Programs, Application Deadlines, Admission 2021, Fees, Scholarships
Established in 1863, Kansas State University is a public land-grant research university with its main campus in Manhattan, USA. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. It has 3 other campuses located in Global, Polytechnic, and Olathe.
Also known as K-State University, it is a reputed name in the US Education System. It boasts of a 97% placement rate for both its undergraduate and graduate degrees within six months of graduation.
Table of Contents
Programs offered by Kansas State University include more than 250 academic undergraduate majors and programs and 165 graduate degrees and certificates. Over 22,000 students which include more than 2,000 international students are enrolled here.
Kansas State University is among the top 100 public universities in the USA. A snapshot of its rankings by some of the well-known agencies are mentioned below:
- QS World University Ranking #701-750 in The World University Ranking
- U.S. News & World Report #170 in National Universities
- The Times Higher Education 601-800th in The World University Rankings Of 2021
- The Princeton Review (Best 386 Colleges: 2021 Edition)
- #1 in Happiest Students
- #2 for Students Loving These Colleges
- #3 for Best Health Services and for Best Quality of Life
- #7 for Best Counseling Services
- #9 for Best Athletic Facilities
- #10 in The Best Career Services
|No. of campuses||4|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, part-time, online|
|Total Students||More than 22,000|
|Annual Endowment||510.3 million USD|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, grants, loan and awards|
- The university offers rooms and board facilities in the Manhattan campus and the Polytechnic campus only. It also supports students for off-campus housing opportunities.
- It offers 10 residence halls on the Manhattan campus and 2 residence halls on the Polytechnic campus.
- More than 5,000 students live on campus in the residence halls and other options offered by the university.
- The residence halls have two communities that are Kramer community and the Derby Community and the room rates for both the communities differ.
- The basic amenities in every housing option include fully furnished bedrooms, studios, public kitchen, refrigerator, laundry rooms, TV, soundproof music rooms, computer logistics, lodges, social spaces, pool, etc.
- The housing rates 2020-21 for the University’s residence halls are:
|Description||Cost (per year)|
|Kramer Community||2,600 USD to 4,850 USD|
|Derby Community||2,600 USD to 4,075 USD|
- Kansas State University has 4 campuses: Manhattan, Olathe, Polytechnic and a global campus.
- Kansas State University's main campus is located in Manhattan. It covers an area of more than 2,320 acres. The University collaborates on many Military Based Projects as it is situated next to Fort Riley, a large Army installation.
- Olathe campus established in 2011 is the newest campus of the university. This campus is located in the Kansas Bioscience Park.
- The Polytechnic campus is a small campus located in Salina, Kansas established in 2009. This campus is well known for its aviation program.
- Kansas State University also has a global campus as it offers 70 online programs to students in 50 states and more than 40 countries.
- There are more than 500 student run clubs and organizations to encourage student participation outside the classrooms.
- Students are working actively in Academic and Professional Clubs, Honorary Societies, Multicultural Groups, Art and culture, Religion, and Spirit.
- There are 30 club teams for sports.
- There are Intramural Sports programs that host 60 individual and sports teams each year. Also, K-State Athletics is the most significant student team in the nation.
- The recreational center of the university houses gyms, indoor running tracks, rock climbing walls, and other facilities.
- The university offers several undergraduates, postgraduate, associate degrees, and other certain undergraduate and postgraduate certificate programs.
- It offers more than 250 academic undergraduate majors and programs and 165 graduate degrees and certificates.
- The University provides several undergraduate programs and the top undergraduate majors include Accounting, Aerospace Studies, Anthropology, Bakery Science, Business Administration, Educational Studies, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, and many more.
- It offers graduate courses and programs in fields like Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering Management, Entomology, and many more.
- The most popular majors at Kansas State University include Business, Management, Marketing, Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, Engineering; Biological and Biomedical Sciences, and Education.
The application deadline to apply for undergraduate and graduate programs at Kansas State University admissions are tabulated below:
|Spring (Priority date for International students)||November 1|
|Spring (Priority date for transfer applicants)||December 1|
|Summer (Priority date for transfer and international students)||February 1|
|Fall (Priority for incoming freshmen, transfer students, international students)||March 15|
The estimated cost of living in the US for undergraduate students admitted at Kansas State per annum is tabulated below:
|Description||Resident (USD)||Non-Resident (USD)|
|Estimated Program Fee||1,295||1,295|
|Required Campus Fee||1,091||1,091|
|Traditional Double Room||5,200||5,200|
|All-Access Meal Plan||4,900||4,900|
|Average Cost of Books and Supplies||924||924|
The estimated Cost of Attendance for graduate students per annum is tabulated below:
|Housing And Meals||9,986||9,986|
|Books And Supplies||752||752|
- K-State awarded over 42 million USD in the form of scholarships to students.
- There are general University Scholarships/Awards as well as additional scholarships.
- Some of the available awards/Scholarships to international students are:
|Award||Type of Student||Eligibility Criteria||Total Amount|
|Kansas State International Excellence Award||International freshmen||High school GPA between 3.75 and 4.00 (or above)||32,000 USD|
|Kansas State International Distinction Award||International freshmen||High school GPA between 3.50 - 3.74||24,000 USD|
|Kansas State International Esteemed Transfer Award||International transfer student||High school GPA between 3.50 and 4.00; Students must have at least 24 completed transfer hours.||15,000 USD|
|Kansas State International Achievement Award||International freshmen||High school GPA between 3.20-3.49||16,000 USD|
|Kansas State International Notable Transfer Award||International transfer students||College GPA between 3.25-3.49||7,500 USD|
|Kansas State International Merit Award||International freshmen||High school GPA between 3.10-3.19||8,000 USD|
- There are alumni clubs that unite the students by hosting programs like watch parties, student recruitment activities, picnics, etc. Reunions are organized each year.
- There is a membership facility available that gives benefits of student recruitment, scholarships, alumni events, and much more. Over 40,000 members are actively engaged with the university.
- Some notable alumni of the university include:
- Sam Brownback - 46th governor of Kansas
- Pat Roberts - U.S. Senator from Kansas
- Kirstie Alley – American actress
- Earl Woods – Baseball player
- Jordy Nelson – American football wide receiver
- Kansas State University boasts a 97% placement rate for both its undergraduate and graduate degrees within six months of graduation.
- According to payscale, the average salary of KSU graduates is 68,351 USD per annum.
- The average salaries of the graduates and alumni by the program are tabulated below:
|Program||Salary in USD|
|Accounting||24,480 to 68,000|
|Computer Engineering||62,000 to 90,000|
|Economics||30,000 to 150,000|
|Finance||27,300 to 90,000|
|Kinesiology||20,800 to 70,000|
K-State University offers dedicated career services to its students and alumni. It provides students with Job/Internship opportunities, career fairs, networking events, career-related workshops, and much more.
Through the Handshake portal, its students can apply for various job/internship positions. It also offers a work-study program and part-time study program along with internships and job opportunities that allow the students to work and study simultaneously.
Ques. What are the most popular programs offered by Kansas State University?
Ans. The most popular majors at Kansas State University include Business, Management, Marketing, Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, Engineering; Biological and Biomedical Sciences, and Education.
Ques. What is the average salary of K-State University graduates?
Ans. According to payscale, the average salary of KSU graduates is 68,351 USD per annum.
Ques. Does Kansas State University offer work-study programs?
Ans. Yes. It offers a work-study program and part-time study program along with internships and job opportunities that allow the students to work and study simultaneously.
Ques. How many international students study in Kansas?
Ans. Over 22,000 students which include more than 2,000 international students are enrolled here.
Ques. Where can the students apply for admissions to Kansas State University?
Ans. The international applicants can apply through the online portal available on the university’s website.
Ques. Does the university offer on-campus housing facilities?
Ans. Yes, the university offers on-campus housing and off-campus options as well.
Ques. What is the student retention rate of the K State University?
Ans. The student retention rate of the university is 86%.
Ques. What are the scholarships or financial aid options available for international students at KSU?
Ans. The university offers financial aid in the form of loans, scholarships, grants, and many more including the Kansas State International Excellence Award, Achievement Award, Esteem Transfer Award, and many more.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal :https://apply.k-state.edu/app/open/ChooseTerm_open.action
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #601 - #800
RANKED #601 - #800
RANKED #501 - #600
Computer Science (International)
RANKED #601 - #800
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #701 - #750
KSU is one of the best universities in Engineering . There were also some other factors, like: living expenses, crime rates, weather.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is standard and updated with experienced professors.
One of my seniors studying there told me about this University and as I wanted to pursue my studies from abroad, I applied for the same after researching a bit about it. I applied for it through an online application form of $80. With a CGPA of 9.5 in the 12 boards, it became easy for me to stand out from others.
Course Curriculum :
Acting is all about practical exposure. So with more focus on practical exposure, we were made to work with the professionals and renowned theatre artists to advance our acting skills.
My friend recommended me this university. I have done my 10+2 in Non-Medical with Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics as major subjects which helped me to get admission in Computer Engineering. The admission procedure is online. I have submitted all my academic transcripts, application form, $80 as application fee, etc through online.
Course Curriculum :
The program designed by the university not only helped me to learn communication systems and signal processing, but I can also get knowledge about digital electronics; power systems; integrated circuits and devices; architectural systems; embedded systems; and multimedia and networking. Not only theoretical but practical labs are also scheduled.
Instate tuition, Kansas State is close to home. My experience got better as time went on and I'm happy I came here.
Course Curriculum :
A little bit too expansive. I took a lot of bullshit classes that I shouldn't have needed to take. I took a lot of science classes that I do not need for my degree if they were classes that would have helped in my studies that would've been fine.
Good scholarships and great town! I get to be close to my family, and get a good education. I am also an athlete so I chose this team and coach because it seemed like a good fit for me. The town is a great place to be in college, not too big or small.
Course Curriculum :
For the most part, I am very happy with the courses I have taken. I have lots of professors who are happy to help and passionate about their course?s material. I have had classes that increased my desire to learn about this subject.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary