Marquette University, USA: Ranking, Programs, Application Deadlines, Admission, Fees, Scholarships
Marquette University is a Christian Catholic University situated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. It is one of the best private universities in the USA known for its undergraduate teaching. It comprises 11 academic departments naming Klingler College of Arts & Sciences, College of Business Administration, Diederich College of Communication, School of Dentistry, College of Education, Opus College of Engineering, Graduate School, Graduate School of Management, College of Health Sciences, Law School and College of Nursing.
Marquette University has a total of 11,550 students enrolled, out of which 8,024 students are enrolled in undergraduate programs and the remaining 3,526 students are enrolled in graduate programs. It has 422 international students from 64 countries studying in the USA.
Table of Contents
US News listed Marquette University among the Best Colleges for Veterans(#56), Best Undergraduate Teaching(#18), Best Value Schools(#52), Most Innovative Schools(#42), and also among the Top Performers on Social Mobility(#284).
Forbes and Statista listed the university among America’s Best-in-State Employers in its 2nd annual list.
- #158th US College Ranking by Times Higher Education 2021
- #801–1000th World University Ranking by Times Higher Education 2021
- #88th Rank among National Universities by US News
|Year of Establishment||1881|
|Application Fee||50 USD|
|Application Deadline||Rolling Admissions|
|ELP Test Scores||Required for international students|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships/ Grants/ Awards available|
- Marquette University Campus is located in the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and has a campus area of around 93 acres.
- On-campus facilities include sports and recreational centres, gyms, parking facilities, a museum, 3 libraries and 4 chapels. Student residential buildings are also located on campus.
- Students are encouraged to become members of the many student organizations that the University recognizes. Students can choose from a wide variety of academic organizations, sports clubs, fraternities/sororities etc.
- The Office of Engagement and Inclusion is responsible for organizing events such as Homecoming & the Winter-O-Fest and other vibrant celebrations to nurture a community environment.
- Outside the classroom, students can explore the AMU and Union Sports Annex, the Haggerty Museum of Art, Helfaer Theatre etc. The Late Night Marquette is organized by students for the students which host various innovative and free programming.
The University has 10 residential halls available on-campus with each hall having 24-hour security. Each hall has facilities like Computer Lab, Printer, Gaming zone, TVs Laundry service, Study Space, Kitchen, Vending Machine, Wi-Fi, a Room for a workout, and a Dining Hall.
- Abbottsford Hall - Only First-year students are residing in Abbottsford hall. The hall comprises triple rooms with each room having a private bathroom.
- Carpenter Tower - It is a home for both first-year and 2nd-year students. The hall contains single and double rooms with each having a private bathroom. Students can also live here during winter and spring break.
- Coleen Hall - Both first and 2nd year students live in Cobeen Hall. The hall has single, double, triple, and quad rooms. The Quad room contains private bathrooms while the rest of the rooms have a communal bathroom.
- Humphrey Hall - Humphrey hall has double and quad rooms with each room having a private bathroom. It houses first and 2nd-year students.
- Mashuda Hall - Comprises single, double, triple, and quad rooms with each room having a private bathroom. Both 1st and 2and year students live in this residence hall.
- O'Donnell Hall - The Hall has single, double, and 2 triple rooms. Each floor has a communal bathroom. First-year and 2nd-year students reside in O'Donnell hall.
- Schroeder's Hall - Only 2nd-year students reside in Schroeders Hall. The building has double rooms with each having a communal bathroom.
- Straz Tower - Straz tower accommodates 1st and 2nd-year students. The hall has single, double, and quads rooms. It is co-ed by the door.
- The Commons - The commons has 2 residential halls naming Eckstein Tower and Wells St. Hall. Both halls accommodate 1st year and 2nd students with each having single and double rooms. Around 850 residents live in Eckstein Tower and 472 live in Wells St. Hall.
- The university offers 83 majors and 81 minors; pre-professional programs in dentistry, law, and medicine; and undergraduate programs for working adults.
- It also offers 68 doctoral and master's degree programs, 22 graduate certificate programs, and a School of Dentistry and Law School.
- Marquette offers many unique opportunities including study abroad programs, Les Aspin Center for Government in Washington, D.C., summer programs, and more.
The top graduate programs at Marquette with their tuition fee are tabulated below:
|Master of Business Administration||1,220 USD/Credit|
|Executive MBA||78,000 USD|
|MS in Accounting||1,220 USD/Credit|
|MS in Mechanical Engineering||44,970 USD|
|MA in English||500 USD/Credit|
|MEd in Educational Leadership and Policy||915 USD/Credit|
Application Fee: 50 USD
Basic Admission Requirements
Standardized Test Scores Minimum Requirement- SAT- Reading 530 and ACT – Reading 18, English 22 required for undergraduates. Graduate programs GRE/GMAT scores are required.
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board.
- English Language proficiency test(s) IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in writing is acceptable, TOEFL iBT Listening and Reading -18 each, Speaking and Writing- 20 each for international non-native English speaking applicants.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers and counselors are required depending on the course.
- Resume, Financial support documents, Statement of Purpose, Undergraduates have to write an essay in about 250 words on one of the given topics.
- Average GPA of entering students (undergraduate level): 3.62
|Test Name||Minimum Score Required|
|Duolingo English Test||105|
The university also accepts transcripts from ELS Language Centres, WELSI, and US/ Canadian institutes as proof of English language proficiency.
Undergraduate and Graduate cost of attendance for international students in US is tabulated below:
|Category||Undergraduate Cost||Graduate Cost|
|Housing and Food||10,320 USD||12,820 USD|
|Books||816 USD||1,030 - 1,850 USD|
|Instruments||----||500 - 11,700 USD|
|Student Fees||796 USD||---|
|Personal||2,000 USD||2,700 USD|
|Transportation||2,840 USD||2,840 USD|
The university invites admissions in the Fall and Spring semesters. The application deadlines for the two semesters are tabulated below. Please note that the application deadlines for graduate admissions programs vary with programs.
|Application and supporting materials||Fall Spring||June 1, 2021 November 1, 2021|
|Deposit||Fall||June 15, 2021|
|Supporting Material||Spring||November 15, 2021|
Marquette University offers financial aid to its students in the form of grants, loans, graduate assistantships and scholarships for international students to study in the USA.
- Pere Marquette Awards (10,000- 18,000 USD): This scholarship is available to students in undergraduate programs and is renewable for 4 years. All incoming students are automatically considered for the award.
- College Dean’s Scholarship (covers tuition expenses only): Applicable for undergraduate students and is renewable for 4 years. Students have to apply separately using the Scholarship Programs Application.
- Graduate Assistantships (375-750 USD/ year): Applicable for graduate-level students who have accepted a stipend as well as a tuition scholarship from the university.
- Milo F. Snyder Scholarship in Business (varies by fund availability): This scholarship is awarded to finance major students in the MBA program. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of nominations made by the Graduate School of Management.
- The University also provides course-related merit scholarships for full tuition waiver in various categories for example Burke Scholars Program is for Social Justice students and Opus Scholars Program is for engineering freshmen. In this category “Global Scholar’ scholarship is awarded only to an international student enrolling full time with the university in any academic field.
- For Global Scholar award an application needs to be submitted and a minimum GPA of 4.0 and high standardized test scores are also required.
- The university’s alumni association organizes reunions, recreational events, provides scholarships, helps in mentoring the students, and takes out a magazine and a newsletter to keep all the members and connected people informed about the university events and work.
- The alumni have more than 10 international clubs in different countries providing all the possible services from the above list.
- Notable alumni members of Marquette University include
- Dwayne Wade- Basketball Player
- Chris Farley- Actor
- Tom Snyder, News Anchor
- The Career counselor assists the students in career development, writing resumes and cover letter, interview skills, job search techniques, and professional etiquette.
- Students may explore a number of jobs through the Handshake portal.
- Some of the opportunities available on the Career Service :
- Career Intern
- Marketing Internship
- Employer Relation Assistant
- Research Analyst internship
- The average salary of Marquette University graduates is 74,459 USD as per Payscale.com.
Top Paid Jobs offered to Clark University Graduates (PayScale):
|Project Manager||84,000 USD|
|Mechanical Engineer||71,000 USD|
|Physical Therapist||70,000 USD|
|Marketing Manager||69,000 USD|
|Project Engineer||70,000 USD|
|Marketing Director||97,000 USD|
|Software Engineer||73,000 USD|
Average Salary offered to Marquette Graduates by Degree (Emolument):
|Masters in Finance||192,000 USD|
|Bachelor of Arts||90,000 USD|
|Bachelor of Science||81,000 USD|
|Masters in Science||58,000 USD|
The Career Service Centre of Marquette University provides career guidance to undergraduates, graduates, and alumni along with career education, professional preparation, and other career-related resources.
Ques. What is the minimum GPA required for admission in Marquette University graduate admissions?
Ans. A minimum of 3.0 GPA is required in bachelors for admission in a graduate degree program.
Ques. What is the acceptance rate of Marquette University?
Ans. Marquette University has an acceptance rate of 83% which means it is slightly competitive.
Ques. What are the most popular majors offered by Marquette University?
Ans. Business, Management, Marketing, Biomedical Sciences, Engineering, Communication, and Journalism are the most popular majors offered by Marquette University.
Ques. What is the total student population at Marquette University?
Ans. Marquette University has a total student population of 11,550 including more than 8,000 undergraduate students and 3500 graduate students.
Ques. What is the admission process for international students at Marquette University?
Ans. International students may apply through Common Application or Marquette International Application by submitting their high school or bachelor's transcripts along with English Proficiency Proof, SAT/ACT scores or GMAT/GRE scores, recommendation letter, Visa and passport copy.
Ques. What is the tuition fee for international students at Marquette University?
Ans. The tuition fee for the graduate management program is 1,220 USD/Credit, the graduate Arts program is 500 USD/Credit, and the Education program is 915 USD/Credit. The total tuition for the undergraduate degree program is 44,970 USD.
Ques. Does Marquette University offer scholarships for international students?
Ans. Both undergraduate and graduate international students are eligible to receive a number of merit-based scholarships at the time of their admission. Pere Marquette scholarships awarded worth 10,000 USD to 18,000 USD which are renewable each semester. Undergraduate transfer students are required to have a GPA of 3.2 to be considered for a scholarship worth 2,000 USD.
Ques. Does Marquette University have an Accommodation Facility?
Ans. The University offers on-campus accommodation facilities in 10 residential halls. Students may choose from a number of housing options having unique lifestyles and facilities.
Ques. Does Marquette University provide placement services?
Ans. The jobs and internships are offered by the Career Service center along with career advising and mentoring. Students may also search for jobs and internships through the Handshake portal.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://www.marquette.edu/explore/apply-today.php
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|Exams||Avg. Score||Min Score||Max. Score||%Submitted|
|TOEFL Check Detailed Score||-||80||-||-|
|IELTS Check Detailed Score||-||6.5||-||-|
|SAT Check Detailed Score||1220||1130||1310||17|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||615||570||660||-|
|ACT Check Detailed Score||27||24||29||89|
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #801 - #1000
Ranked #601 - #800
Ranked #601 - #800
View More >>
My university offers a virtually unlimited number of paths and destinations and prepares us for the world by asking us to think critically about it. Through an academically rigorous, values-centered curriculum, we receive a firm grounding in the liberal arts, preparation for work in a world of increasing complexity and diversity, and formation for life as ethical and informed leaders in their religious, cultural, professional, and civic communities. After securing a GPA of 7, I had applied through an online application form and paid $50 for it.
Course Curriculum :
The M.B.A. program is designed to meet our needs. While challenging and practical, the innovative program advances our knowledge of the core functional areas of business while offering numerous opportunities to deepen our knowledge through specializations. Taught by faculty who are leaders in their fields, dedicated professors experienced in working with adult students, and consultants in business, the nationally-ranked M.B.A. program enhanced my business acumen as well as my ability to make sound, ethically-based, decisions.
It was close to home and has a very high reputation for being one of the best places to get a post secondary education in Wisconsin. Tuition was a little bit on the higher end of the spectrum but in the end I know it will be worth it especially in such a beautiful campus where everyone immediately welcomes you. The moment you step on campus it feels like home. Applying to Marquette was simple and it was free to apply for. They were also the college that got back to me to let me know if i was accepted the quickest. Many of Marquette's traditions are embedded in Catholic/ Jesuit ideals but the community welcomes everyone from all different kinds of religions and other beliefs.
Course Curriculum :
I enjoy the course curriculum in the College of Education at Marquette. It is easy to follow and it is evident that every professor wants to see you succeed in and out of the classroom. What is taught in class can easily be applied to the real world and helps us not only become better educators but better people.
My dad is planning to set up his business in the USA. So to understand the culture, language, rules, and regulations better I decided to study in the same country. And chose the course which will help him in the business. The course was in limited universities so when I received the call letter from Marquette University I immediately joined it.
Course Curriculum :
Here working and studying go hand in hand. Our knowledge and skills are being extended for further interests. The course not only helps to become a professional but also to carry out better actions.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary