Tennessee State University (changed name in 1979) is public, land grant-university located in Nashville, Tennessee, US. It was founded in 1912 and is the largest state funded Black university in Tennessee.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- About 83 undergraduate majors, 74 masters and 7 doctoral degree programs under nine schools are running in the Tennessee State University currently. Some of the popular majors are – Management, Marketing, Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies, Humanities, etc.
- On a 903 acre campus, Tennessee State University offers residence facility. It includes six residential halls and apartment complex.
Tennessee State University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts; SOP; LOR|
|Test Scores||UG: ACT/SAT Graduate: MAT/GMAT/GRE|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Application fee||UG- USD 25; Graduate – USD 35|
|Additional Requirements||Essay and Resume; Personal and Financial Statement; Copy of Passport|
|Intake Season||Spring – November 1; Fall – July 1|
How to Apply - To apply for admission to the university for:
- UG: Apply on- https://lepton.tnstate.edu/pls/PROD/bwskalog.p_disploginnew?in_id=&cpbl=&newid
- Graduate: Apply on- http://go.tnstate.edu/inquiryform
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and Fee||21,132 USD|
|Room and Board||7,500 USD|
|Books and Supplies||2,500 USD|
|Other Expenses||3,500 USD|
The students at Tennessee State University are offered financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- The average scholarship value for freshmen is 9,929 USD.
- About 82% of the freshmen receive financial aid in some form.