Teachers College at Columbia University New York City Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
Teachers College, Columbia University is one of the most popular and renowned graduate institutes in the US. It became a part of Columbia University by 1887 and soon became a renowned institution of humanitarian cognizance. Teachers College at Columbia University provides outstanding facilities on campus as well as for educational requirements that are also at an affordable cost to domestic and international students.
With an enrollment of 5572 students, it has over 1156 international students making it a truly culturally diverse institution. Teachers College offers Master’s, Post-Baccalaureate and Doctoral Programs.
Teachers College at Columbia University Rankings
US News and World Report 2021 rankings:
- Ranked 293 in national universities by US News
|Type of Degrees||Masters/ Certificates/ Doctoral|
|Admissions Queries||(212) 678-3710 (Admissions Office)|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships/Fellowships & Grants|
Teachers College at Columbia University Campus
- The main campus of Teachers College is located in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Students enjoy visiting Central Park, Broadway, Times Square, and Empire State Building.
- From the Aquatic Centre to the Physical Fitness Centre, there are a lot of facilities on campus. Swimming pools, squash and handball courts, weight rooms, indoor tracks, wrestling and fencing rooms as well as saunas are accessible to students.
- Gottesman Libraries of Teachers College is one of the biggest research libraries in the United States. There are over 500,000 prints with 600 online databases for e-journals.
Teachers College at Columbia University Residence
- There are over 650 spaces and 75 apartments for single and students with family.
- Off-campus housing is a viable option as well and the Office of Residential Services has the personnel to guide you in finding the right place to live. Guidelines on the official website can also help.
- CulinArt is the official catering service of the college and apart from that Everett Library Cafe and Avenue C Micro-Market are the two main dining places on campus.
Teachers College at Columbia University Programs
- There are ten departments at Teachers College in Arts & Humanities, Organization & Leadership, Counselling & Clinical Psychology.
- Online programs at Teachers College are very famous. Online Certificate courses include College Advising, Bilingual/Bicultural Education, etc.
- The ‘Continuing Professional Studies’ program is for working people to help develop corporate understanding. Programs are Teaching Food and Nutrition for All, Language Program Management Certificate, etc.
Teachers College at Columbia University Admissions
Application Fee: 65 USD
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: March 1
- Fall: June 1
Teachers College at Columbia University Cost of Attendance
Tuition Fees for Masters and Doctoral Programs for the FALL 2020/SPRING 2021 is tabulated below:
|Enrollment||Total Tuition and Fees (USD)|
Teachers College at Columbia University Financial Aid
- It provides financial aid through Scholarships, Fellowships, Federal Aid, Assistantships. Apart from the Teacher College Scholarship, every scholarship requires an external application that can be made through the online application portal.
- Internal sponsored fellowships like Research Dissertation, Arthur Zankel, and grants such as Doctoral Dissertation Grant, Dean’s Grant for Student Research can be availed. Two externally sponsored grants are Federal TEACH Grant and Teacher Opportunity Corps.
- Apart from the above help, private loans, federal student loans, veteran benefits, cohort program aid, etc are also provided by the institution.
Teachers College at Columbia University Alumni
- With over 90,000 alumni it has a strong alumni network spread across the globe.
- The alumnus of Teachers College are offered lifetime access to Columbia's library, fitness centers, alumni events, and campus housing.
- Career resources, expert podcasts, and webinars with respect to different educational and working fields are provided specifically for the alumni.
- Distinguished Alumni:
- Anthony E. Munroe: President, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Kenny Graves: Assistant Principal at Fieldston School
- Kathleen St. Louis: Design officer of the Academy Group
- Carol Birks: Superintendent of Chester Upland School District in Chester
- Fanshen Cox: Award-winning Actress, Producer, and Educator
Teachers College at Columbia University Placements
- Career Week is organized by the college for students to engage and interact with professionals of various fields and get a glimpse of the work sector and check employment trends
- More than 36% of graduates are employed in the education (PreK-12) sector, 9% are working in Higher Education and 4% are employed in Military and Healthcare. The remaining are mental health workers if not educationists.
- Salary provided to Graduates:
|100,000 USD & above||13%|
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
I had a friend who recommended this college to me. So I decided to pursue my master's in clinical psychology from this college. I had filled an online application form through the college website and it cost me around $20. My good GPA in my bachelor's degree also helped me to get admission.
Course Curriculum :
This course had trained me in both contemporary clinical science and clinical intervention.I always interested in research related fields so this program helped me to develop research skills .I also gained some clinical experience through this curriculum .The curriculum included Cognition -Behavioral,Interpersonal and family therapy.
The drive to make business organizations data-oriented has created a huge demand for data scientists and analysts. Therefore I applied to this university for an MS in Analytics. I applied online and also paid the $65 application fee. The university required me to submit my official transcripts, work experience, statement of purpose essays, and other necessary documents along with my application. With my 85% marks at the graduation level and my 3+ years of work experience in the corporate world, I was confident about my chances of admission.
Course Curriculum :
As a graduate student in the field of learning analytics, I am taught key concepts of educational data mining methodologies, relevant policy, legal and ethical issues involved in conducting analytics on educational data. Our course work prepares us to become researchers and professionals in data technology companies, data groups in the federal department of education and so on.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary