North Carolina State University is a public research university established on March 7, 1887, and is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is a part of University of North Carolina system and is a land, sea and space grant institution.
North Carolina State University offers 106 bachelor’s degree, 104 master’s degree and 61 doctoral degrees. The popular courses offered at the university are:
- Business Administration and Management
- Textile and Plastics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Animal Sciences and Husbandry
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Why Choose North Carolina State University?
- North Carolina State University has endowment of $1.5 billion in 2018.
- The university forms one of the corners of the research triangle together with Duke University and The University of North Carolina.
- The university maintains ties with more than 130 institutions around the world
- $405 million in sponsored research for the fiscal year 2017
North Carolina State University Programs, Faculty and Divisions
This university offers more than 300 undergraduate and graduates degree programs through 65 departments under different schools:
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Design
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Natural Resources
- Poole College of Management
- College of Sciences
- Wilson College of Textiles
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- The Graduate School
- University College
North Carolina State University Campus and Residence
- The North Carolina State University main campus has three sub-campuses i.e. North campus, Central campus, and South campus
- It is mandatory for undergraduate students to stay on campus.
- 41% of all students can be accommodated in the residence halls.
- Students can choose from 20 on-campus residence halls built in different styles.
North Carolina State University Admission Process
- Letter of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Test Scores: SAT/ ACT for undergraduate students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test scores: TOEFL/ PTE/ IELTS
- Statement of purpose
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for.
- Students need to apply through the online application portal on the official website
- The application deadline is 15th January
- The application fee for National students: $85
- The application fee for International students: $100
North Carolina State University Cost of Attendance
The estimated tuition fee along with other general expenses are tabulated below:
|Room and board||$11,078|
|Books and Supplies||$1,082|
North Carolina State University Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- Scholarships awarded by Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) and by each 10 colleges of NC State University
- 48% of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid
- Average need-based scholarship or grant award is $9,974
- Educational loan is also provided to students in order to meet the educational expenses
North Carolina State University Alumni Network
More than 240,000 alumni live around the world. Numerous benefits are offered to the alumni through alumni membership some of the benefits are listed below:-
- Career coaching
- Discounts on alumni events
- Subscription to NC state magazine
- Attractive discounts on several things
List of the Notable Alumni is as follows:
- Jim Goodnight: Founder of SAS Institute
- Henry H. Shelton: Former chairman of the U.S. Armed Forces Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Philip Rivers: NFL quarterback and Pro Bowler
- Rajendra Kumar Pachauri: Former chair of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Thurl Bailey: Former NBA player