Winthrop University is a public educational institution that was established in 1886 and is situated in Rock Hill, South Carolina. It has ranked #25 in the Regional Universities South, under 2019 edition of Best Colleges.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers an array of undergraduate and graduate programs to its applicants to choose from. The popular programs offered at Winthrop University are the following:
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies
- Visual and Performing Arts
- All the students have to live on-campus unless they are commuting from their parents’ place which is within 50-mile radius of the school.
- Around 48% of the total student population opts for on-campus residential housing whereas 52% of the students live off campus.
Winthrop University Admission Process
|Test Score||Undergraduate - ACT or SAT score Graduate – GMAT, GRE, MAT, PRAXIS, etc.|
|Language Proficiency Test||TOEFL or IELTS score|
|Application Fee||60 USD|
|Additional Requirement||Copy of Passport, etc.|
|Intakes||Rolling (Spring, Fall and Summer)|
Note: For the graduate programs, send the application along with the transcripts and test scores to the university’s official address, after paying the application fee. How to Apply-The undergraduate students can choose to apply through Online Application or through Paper Application whereas, graduate students have to apply through the University’s Online Application form.
|Tuition Fee (Full-Time)||14, 743 USD (Undergraduate)||14,607 USD (Graduate)|
|Other Fees (per semester)|
|Library Fee||70 USD|
|Health and Counseling Fee||180 USD|
|Environmental Safety Fee (for on-campus students)||55 USD|
|Post Office Fee (for on-campus students)||25 USD|
Winthrop University offers various scholarships and grants to its students. All the financial support offered to undergraduate students is merit-based.
- Around 74% full-time undergraduate student population receives some kind of need-based financial aid.
- The average need-based scholarship or grant offered is 8,744 USD.