Saint Louis University 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Admissions in the Saint Louis University occur in two intakes for a semester. With an acceptance rate of 58.3% in the fall of 2020, Saint Louis University admissions are moderately selective.
In the fall semester of 2020, a total of 15,573 applications were made and only 9,076 applications were accepted with an enrollment rate of 21%. The most popular majors include Health Professions, Business, Management, Marketing, Education, Engineering, and Biological Sciences.
SLU offers more than 91 undergraduate degrees, 80 graduate disciplines, and 25 completely online programs.
In the fall of 2020, the middle 50% of students scored an average of 1170 - 1380 and 25-30 on SAT and ACT, respectively. A minimum GPA of 3.0 (equivalent to 78 to 81% in India) and 2.5 (equivalent to 75 to 77% in India) on a scale of 4.0 is required for graduate admissions and undergraduate respectively.
- Saint Louis University invites admission applications in the Fall and Spring sessions.
- The university needs all the sections of the ACT or SAT, excluding the writing section.
- Graduate applicants are required to submit GRE or GMAT scores in most of the programs.
- Applicants must submit the official transcripts. Standardized test scores must be sent directly to the university by the issuing university.
- It does not charge an application fee for undergraduate admissions.
COVID 19 Updates
- For students applying for the fall 2021 semester, SLU will not require ACT or SAT scores for freshman or transfer applicants, and will not require the GRE or GMAT for most graduate programs.
- Due to accreditation requirements, law, medicine, and a few other graduate courses and professional programs will still require pre-admission tests.
- English language proficiency tests will still be required for international students. It will accept Duolingo English Test scores.
|Application Portal||Undergraduate: SLU Application/Common Application
Graduate: SLU Graduate Portal
|Application Fee||65 USD (Graduate)|
|Acceptance Rate||58% (2020)|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card, Money Order or Check|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|Intake Seasons||Fall/ Spring|
|English Proficiency Test Scores||TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE|
|ACT/SAT Test Scores||Average SAT: 1170-1380
Average ACT: 25 - 30
|Work Experience||Recommended for Business Programs|
|International Students Contactfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Saint Louis University Admission Deadlines
SLU offers rolling admissions which means there is no application deadline. The university encourages international students to apply as early as possible and well in advance for the semester in which they are planning to attend.
If the applicant wishes to get considered himself/herself for scholarships then they must apply by December 1. Graduate programs may have program-specific admission deadlines.
Saint Louis University International Admissions
There is hardly any difference in the admission procedure for international and domestic students. International students however need to meet additional requirements to study in the USA.
- Undergraduate: No Fee
- Graduate: 50 USD
Admission Requirements: International applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the Saint Louis University admissions-
- Completed Application
- Official Transcripts
- High school/equivalent (Minimum GPA - 2.5)
- Bachelors/Masters Degree ( Graduate)(Minimum GPA - 3.0)
- Should be accompanied by certified translations if not in English.
- SAT/ACT/CLT Scores
- SAT Code: 6629
- ACT Code: 2352
- GMAT/GRE score for certain graduate programs.
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of Financial support
- Copy of passport
- Essay and/or Personal Statement
- Letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate: Optional
- Graduate: 2- 3 LORs
- Optional Requirements
- Personal Essay to be written and submitted by the applicant.(UG)
- Letter of Recommendation has to be written and submitted by the Applicant’s School Counsellor and sent through the school (UG)
- Although the Declaration of Finances is not required but if submitted during application filling, will expedite the admissions process.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a proof of English Language Proficiency by submitting one of the following scores:
Visa Process for International Students
- International Applicants need to apply for a student’s visa to study in the United States right after an application is issued by the College/ University.
- Students whose application has been approved will be issued the I-20 form by the College authorities and need to pay a mandatory SEVIS I-901 fee, this is separate from the application or the administration fee.
- Only after the payment of the SEVIS fee, applicants can schedule an interview with the US Embassy for the Visa process. The SEVIS stands for Student Exchange Visitor Information System. The College Admissions authorities will feed the name of the applicant in their SEVIS after the payment of 350 USD.
- International applicants will need these documents for the visa process:
- SEVIS fee receipt
- Form I-20
- Admission Letter
- Financial documents to demonstrate the ability to afford expenses for a year of study
- Copy of valid passport identification page (should be valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry into the US.)
- Two passport size photographs
- Visa application fee
Saint Louis University Undergraduate Admissions
SLU offers undergraduate programs in over 91 fields such as in Business, Management, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, Health and Public Services, Liberal Arts and Social Science, etc.
Application Portal: Common Application/ SLU Application/ Paper Application
Application Fee: Nil
Admission Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the Saint Louis University admissions-
- Completed Application
- Official High School or Equivalent Transcripts
- SAT/ACT Scores
- Minimum GPA - 2.5
- Essay and Letters of Recommended - Not Mandatory but preferred.
Test Profile of admitted students in the fall of 2020:
Saint Louis University Graduate Admissions
It offers over 88 graduate degrees. The admission requirements vary with programs. The applicants must check the program-specific admission requirements before applying. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for most of the graduate programs.
Application Portal: SLU Graduate Portal
Application Fee: 65 USD (equivalent to 4800 INR)
Admission Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for the Saint Louis admissions-
- Completed Application
- Official Bachelor’s College Transcripts
- GMAT/GRE Scores
- Letters of Recommendations
Here are program-specific admission requirements for some popular graduate programs offered by SLU:
|Requirements||MBA Professional||MS in Analytics||MS in Computer Science||MS in Engineering||Masters in International Business|
|Minimum GPA/GMAT/GRE||Minimum GPA 3.0
|GPA 3.0||GPA of 3.0 or above GRE Quant score (old grading system)-650,
(new grading system) -150,
|GRE score – 650 (old)/ 150 (new grading);
GPA of 3.0
|GMAT Score of 590.|
|Work Experience||Not Required||Required - 2 Years||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
|Goal Statement||Required||Required||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
|Resume||Required||Required||Not Required||Not Required||Required|
|Application Deadlines||Rolling||Fall: August 7
Spring: January 1
Summer: May 14
|March 1 for Assistantship OR Summer: May 1;
Fall: July 1;
Spring: November 1
|Summer: May 1;
Fall: July 1;
Spring: November 1
|Recommendations||2 letters||3 References||-||3 LORs||2 LORs|
Though the admissions are offered on a rolling basis, international applicants should apply as soon as possible. This provides ample time for visa application and submission of other required documents for enrollment. If the applicant wishes to get considered himself/herself for scholarships then they must apply by December 1. The admission decision will be communicated to the students via email/application portal within a few weeks of making an application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. How do I qualify for an I-20 form?
Ans. Financial Support proof needs to be submitted to attend SLU as an international student and receive the I-20 form. The estimated amount of tuition and living expenses for one academic year is 55,536 USD for undergraduate students.
Ques. What are the application fee for undergraduate and graduate programs?
Ans: The undergraduate admission fee is free of cost whereas the graduate programs require an application fee of 65 USD (equivalent to 4800 INR).
Ques. My ACT/SAT is canceled. Can I still apply for Fall 2020?
Ans. For Fall 2020 applicants, the university will review the academic performance of the last three to four years (equivalent to grades 9-12 in the American system) without the university readiness exams/standardized test scores if they are unavailable because of cancellations due to COVID-19. As admission decisions are holistic, SLU will also review the essay, letters of recommendation and any other supporting documents.
Ques. I am an international student. Can I apply for scholarships?
Ans. Yes, there are International Student Scholarships offered by SLU. Financial aid is available to international students attending the St. Louis campus. To determine your eligibility, you must complete the College Board’s CSS/Financial Aid Profile. You are automatically considered for SLU’s merit-based scholarships as part of your application for admission. In addition, there are two scholarships that require separate applications and are open to first-time freshman — the Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship and the Presidential Scholarship.