University of Connecticut Admissions 2021
The University of Connecticut has a competitive admission platform. With an acceptance rate of 49%, the university is a selective institution in the US educational system. The admission process in the prestigious institution takes place on a rolling basis.
Three seasons of admission are the Summer semester, the Fall semester and the Spring semester. The students can apply for admission in the university through Common Application, Coalition Application and official website.
- The international students need to apply for the US student visa to study in the institution.
- The application fee for undergraduate students is 80 USD and the same for graduate students is 75 USD.
- 90% business students of the institution were hired within 4 months of graduation in the past years.
Table of Contents
|Graduate/ Professional Students||8,298|
|Avg. SAT Scores (Critical Reading and Math)||1051-1281|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||80 USD (equivalent to 6,000 INR)|
|Graduate Application Fees||75 USD (equivalent to 5,500 INR).|
|Avg. Undergraduate Cost of Attendance||54,000|
|Yearly Scholarship Grants||237M USD|
|Yearly Loans||207.7M USD|
|Tuition Waivers per Annum||77.2M USD|
|Work Experience||Required for Specific Business Programs|
The admission process in the university takes place on a rolling basis. Following are the significant dates for undergraduate admissions:
|December 1||Priority First-year application deadline for merit & honors Consideration||Admission decision notification starts from March 1|
|December 1||Special programs in medicine, dental medicine, law and education||-|
|January 15||Storrs Campus application deadline||Admission decision notification starts from March 1|
|May 1||Regional Campus First-Year Application Deadline||Rolling|
For the spring semester in all the campuses of the university, the deadline of first-year application is October 1. The admission decisions for these applications are, however, declared on a rolling basis.
The deadlines for admission in the university for graduate courses are listed below:
|Semester||First Day to Submit Application||Last Date of Submitting an Application||Deadline to Reply to an Admission Offer|
|Summer||September 14||August 25||August 27|
|Fall||September 14||July 28||July 30|
|Spring||February 1||December 15||December 17|
Around 14% students of the institution are international aspirants. The admission requirements for the university are specific for the undergraduate and graduate students.
The applicants whose primary language is not English needs to appear in any of the below mentioned English Language Proficiency tests with the average scores mentioned:
|Tests||Scores Required for Undergraduate||Scores Required for Graduate|
|TOEFL||TOEFL PBT: 550, TOEFL CBT: 213, TOEFL iBT: 79||TOEFL PBT: 550 with minimum 22 in each section, TOEFL iBT: 79|
The international applicants of the university are required to produce their student visa for the USA. The basic requirements for application of the US student visa are given below:
- Copy of passports of the applicant and their family members.
- Signed and completed International Student Financial Declaration Form.
- If the student is residing in the US presently, the current immigration documents should be produced.
- The signed form I-20 or DS-2019.
- Proof of I-901 SEVIS Fee payment.
- Valid passport.
- Relation information with the financial sponsor (if any).
- Academic, financial and any other documents requested by the US Consulate or embassy.
Note: The graduate students and research scholars need to produce research plans, CV and a copy of the resume or webpage biography of their academic advisor or faculty host.
Read more: US student visa
Here are the basic requirements for undergraduate admission in the institution:
- Completed application
- Application fees or fee waiver
- Two letters of recommendation (optional but beneficial for selection)
- Official school transcripts
- SAT or ACT (optional and no impact on decision if not provided)
- Immigration status documents
- Personal Essays
- CV of the applicant
- Auditions are required for Fine Arts course applicants
Note: Course specific changes may be observed on the requirements.
Below are the general requirements for admission in a graduate course in the institution:
- A baccalaureate degree or equivalent is necessary.
- Verified degrees and transcripts from the home country.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (83-86%).
- Immigrational document requests should be sent to the International Student and Scholar Services for US student visa sponsorship.
- The transcripts should be in English and the regional language (if any) of the student.
- Based on the course, GRE, GRE test for specific subject or GMAT scores are required.
- Photos and immigration documents of the candidate.
- Statement of Purpose of the applicant is required.
- Personal Essay is required for the international students.
Note: Any three years bachelor’s degree from India will not be considered as equivalent to a 4 year degree even with evaluation.
The MBA program of the university is solely focused on facing the challenges of global business. Here are the details of the program:
|Application Deadline||August 25, July 28 and December 15|
|Admission Requirements||Competitive GRE and GMAT scores, Relevant work experience|
|English Language Proficiency||IELTS 6.5 or equivalent|
|Fees||39,706 USD (equivalent to 29,23,000 INR)|
|M.Sc. in Business Analytics and Project Management||4 years UG degree, 1 semester college level calculus course|
|M.S. in Computer Science and Engineering||Competitive GRE/ GMAT|
|M.S. in Applied Financial Mathematics||Excellent 4 years UG degree in STEM|
|M.Sc. in Molecular and Cell Biology (Cell and Developmental Biology)||Competitive GRE/ GMAT|
|M.Sc. in Financial Risk Management||Competitive UG Degree in STEM|
|M.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering||Competitive GRE/ GMAT|
Note: These are only a few of the top courses offered by the organization. The students aspiring to take admission in the UConn can check the programs of the University of Connecticut.
Established as an agricultural institute, the University of Connecticut has enhanced itself a lot as one of the top research universities in the country. The wide range of programs across business, science, technology and biology attracts numerous overseas students to take admission in the institution every year.
Ques. What GPA is required for admission in the University of Connecticut?
Ans. The university requires a minimum of 2.0 GPA (equivalent to 73-76%) for an undergraduate course, however, better the GPA of the applicant, the more is the chance of them getting admission in the university.
Ques. Is UConn difficult to get admission into?
Ans. Yes, the University of Connecticut is a moderately selective university with an acceptance rate of 49%.
Ques. What are the GRE and GMAT requirements for UConn graduate admissions?
Ans. The University of Connecticut does not have any cutoff mark for GRE or GMAT, however, the students are expected to have scores of around 600-680 in GMAT and 307-315 in GRE.
Ques. When are the admission decisions for the University of Connecticut declared?
Ans. For Fall semester, the admission decisions are declared by March 1, however, for the Spring semester, the decisions are declared on a rolling basis.
Ques. What is the base salary offered to the international MBA graduates of the UConn?
Ans. The average base salary offered to the MBA graduates of the university is 80,125 USD.