Rutgers Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Accredited by the AACSB, Rutgers business school is a public institute established in 1929. It is located on the Newark and New Brunswick campuses of Rutgers University. The institute is a coveted name in the US Education System that houses more than 9000 students from over 33 countries across the world enrolled in its various degree programs.
The school mainly offers undergraduate and graduate programs with various doctoral and online programs. Some of the popular programs offered by the school are full-time MBA. executive MBA, MS in the business of fashion, MS in digital marketing, MS in financial analysis, MS in information technology and analytics.
Admissions at Rutgers Business School are available in multiple intakes round the year and observe different application deadlines for diverse courses. The common deadline for its unparalleled MBA program is July 5. All the applicants must deposit a nonrefundable fee of 70 USD when applying for admissions. The institute is a part of the university which is a moderately selective organization with an acceptance rate of 58%.
- US news and world report has ranked Rutgers Business School
- 6 among the Best colleges offering Online Graduate Supply Chain Management/Logistics Business Programs for the year 2020.
- 13 among the Best colleges offering Online Graduate Accounting Business Programs for the year 2020.
- 22 among the best colleges offering Online Graduate Business Programs for the year 2020.
- 9 among the Best colleges offering Online Graduate Accounting Business Programs for the year 2019.
- 17 among the Best colleges offering Online Graduate Business Programs for the year 2019.
- Financial times has ranked the school
- 2 among the best colleges offering Executive MBA programs in Economics, globally for the year 2019.
- 5 among the best colleges offering Executive MBA programs for Corporate Social Responsibility, globally for the year 2019.
- 19 among the best colleges offering Executive MBA programs in the US for the year 2019.
- It has been ranked 8 among the best colleges offering Supply Chain Management Bachelor Degrees by great business schools for the year 2019.
|Campus setting||urban/ semi-urban|
|No. of campus||3|
|No. of faculties||Full time - 125,
part-time - 48
|Mode of programs||Full-time, online, part-time|
|Job placement rate||90%|
|Application accepted||Online portal|
|Total enrollment||9,794 (2018)|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- Established in 1929, the school is located on the Newark and New Brunswick campuses of Rutgers University.
- It houses more than 9000 students admitted to various degree programs. It has students from more than 33 countries.
- Rutgers Business School supports many student organisations. Graduate clubs include the Black and Hispanic MBA Association, International Students Organization, and Rutgers Women in Business. Undergraduate clubs include the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting, ASCEND – Pan-Asian Leaders in Finance and Accounting, and the National Association of Black Accountants. These are responsible for conducting various student development events.
The university provides the residential facilities to all the registered applicants. Undergraduate and graduate students are allotted different residence halls.
The Rutgers School of Business, New Brunswick offers a variety of housing campus, applicants applying for undergraduate or graduate at new Brunswick can reside at:
- Busch residence halls
- College avenue residence halls
- Douglass residence halls
- G.H cook residence halls
- Livingston residence halls
Other available residence halls are Woodward halls, University square, Talbott apartments, 15 Washington apartments, 180 west market street. Some of the basic amenities provided in the halls are single and double occupancy rooms, bed, chair, desk, closet, laundry, internet connections, common area, etc.
- The school offers an array of courses for international students at undergraduate and graduate level with some other doctoral and online programs.
- The organization provides 6 undergraduate and 15 graduate programs in accounting & information systems, finance & economics, management and global business, management science & information systems and supply chain management.
- Master of accountancy degree is offered in financial accounting, government accounting, professional accounting, taxation.
- Master of science degree is offered in the business of fashion, digital marketing, financial analysis, healthcare analytics and intelligence, information technology and analytics, quantitative finance.
- Different forms of MBA offered are full-time MBA, part-time MBA, MBA in professional accounting, executive MBA.
- Some of the special dual degree programs offered by the institute are Accelerated BA or BS/MBA, Doctor of medicine/MBA, Doctor of pharmacy/MBA, Master of public administration/Master of accountancy in governmental accounting, Master of public health/MBA, Master of science in biomedical science/MBA.
Rutgers Business School Application Process
Rutgers Business School is home for students from 33 countries. Students who wish to pursue a degree can follow the following guidelines.
How to apply?
Application portal: Apply via the online application portal
Application fee: USD 70
Basic Admission Requirements
- English proficiency requirements
- PTE academic test
- High school and secondary education transcript along with the transcript of any college or university attended.
- Two letters of recommendations
- Current resume
- Standardized test scores (SAT/ACT or PTE)
Admission requirements for MS and MBA
Applicants must carry a set of documents for securing admission in Rutger Business School. Failure in the submission of documents will result in the cancellation of the application.
- Official transcripts
- Standardized test scores (GMAT/GRE)
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL/IELTS or PTE
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Essay describing an ethical dilemma you have faced and how you had resolved it
Please note that the school does not accept the test score of GRE for master’s programs except for an MBA.
Rutgers Business School Cost of attendance
Tuition rates are different for different graduate degree programs. However, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US has been tabulated below
Cost of attendance for full-time MBA
|Campus fee:||USD 877|
|Computer fee:||USD 171|
|School fee:||USD 375|
|Housing:||USD 11000(Estimated value for 12 months excluding meal plans)|
Cost of attendance for master in financial analysis (per semester cost for fall and spring semester)
|RBS fees:||USD 1423|
|International students SEVIS fee:||USD 350|
|International health fee:||USD 237|
|Health insurance:||USD 98|
|Housing cost:||USD 11000 (estimated value for 12 months excluding meal plans)|
Cost of attendance for undergraduate programs varies as per the campus. An estimated cost of living is as given below:
|Room and board:||USD 13,075|
International students can avail financial aid in the form of various grants, tuition payment plans, loans and scholarships to study in the USA. Available grants are Federal pell grant, Federal supplemental educational opportunity grant, Disadvantaged student fund, New Jersey tuition aid grant.
- Various undergraduate scholarships are:
- Rutgers Eagleton Washington internship award (award up to 5000).
- Leroy Davidson scholarship (minimum award value-1500)
- Rutgers presidential scholarship
- The common eligibility for these scholarships is enrollment in at least 12-degree credits and a minimum of 5 GPA.
- Various MBA and graduate scholarships are:
- Ralph Bundu fellowship (award up to 1500).
- Sood and Singh MBA scholarship (one time award of 7000).
- Dr Annette Hollander fellowship.
- These are offered on the basis of one's academic calibre.
Another form of financial aid is student employment. Students can work on campus to put up with their expenses.
- The school has a separate alumni association which is responsible for conducting regular meetups and events.
- Alumni have access to the career management centre which provides them with assistance in finding their dream jobs.
- Some of the notable alumni are:
- Frank Cassidy, President and COO, PSEG power LLc
- Mei Wei Cheng, President and CEO, Siemen ltd.
- Mary Jo Green, Senior vice president and treasurer, Sony corporation of america.
- Ralph Izzo, Chairman and CEO, Public service enterprise group Inc.
- Soichi Matsuno, Chairman and CEO, Eisai Inc.
The institute has a separate career management centre to assist students with their careers. The Business School conducts various career fairs for the development of its students.
The table given below shows the placement statistics for the students enrolled in the full time MBA program.
|Values||Base salary||Signing bonus||Total salary|
|Average||USD 98,685||USD 16,300||USD 115,013|
|Maximum||USD 1,46,500||USD 45,000||USD 190,000|
|Minimum||USD 40,000||USD 2,500||USD 42,500|
|Median||USD 100,000||USD 13,750||USD 113,750|
As per the official data MBA students of class 2020 have earned a 100% internship placement rate and MBA students of class 2019 have earned a 88% job placement rate.
Find a Program
|Rutgers Business School||Stern School of Business|
|programs||UG Programs -6|
PG Programs -19
Doctorate Programs -10
|UG Programs -2|
PG Programs -4
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees ARS 14515|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees ARS 30144
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 11000 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 54896|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees ARS 78700
[For PG Program]
|collegedunia reviews||8.4/10 Read 3 reviews||8.6/10 Read 7 reviews|
|-||Read Full Comparison|
Round 1 Deadlines
Round 2 Deadlines
Round 3 Deadlines
Courses like supply chain management are available only in a handful of universities. I chose Rutgers Business School because of its goodwill and the program structure. Here the online application was to be submitted with an essay and a non-refundable $75 fee.
Course Curriculum :
The entire curriculum ranges from Business, Statistics, Finance, Analysis to Economics, Strategy and Market research. These topics are explained in depth.
It was my dream to study at a college in the USA. I was very much excited after completing my bachelor's. I applied to this college because my uncle has suggested to me this college. I applied to the college online via their official website and also submitted the application fee of $75.
Course Curriculum :
My accountancy program was designed by experts. Some major specializations include public accounting, tax accounting, cost accounting, government accounting, budget accounting, and internal auditing.
I was looking for an institution with a strong reputation, devoted faculty members, and an initiative to foster a collaborative working environment. And Rutgers Business School came to me as a rescue. When I was selected and called for the interview I immediately decided to take admission to the college.
Course Curriculum :
While studying the course I am learning the decision-making skills, to think critically and strategically. The course curriculum is good and is not too loaded. It is divided on the basis of assignments, quizzes, class presentations, and many other things. After completing the course I will be able to develop analytical skills and communicate effectively.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary