Rutgers Business School 2021-2022 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Rutgers Business School is a public institution that offers admissions across its two campuses located in Newark and New Brunswick. Currently, it has more than 9000 students representing 33 countries from across the world. Admissions to Rutgers Business School are invited for the fall semester for all the masters and specialty masters courses. Apart from FT MBA, PT MBA, and Executive MBA courses in Canada, the B-school also offers MBA in Professional Accounting. Among the popular courses at Rutgers, FT-MBA applications for international students are open until March 15 (now closed).
An application fee of 70 CAD is required to apply for the master's courses at Rutgers Business School. Additionally, GRE/GMAT scores make an essential component of your applications. A competitive score enhances your chances of admission. Applicants with a UG degree in a technical stream can apply for GMAT waivers. Apart from standardized test scores, Resume, LORs (often 2), and two essays are the major components of your application to Rutgers. One of the major attractions offered by Rutgers Business School is the more than 70% of job placement rate.
Read more on Tips & Requirements for LOR for Canadian Universities!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Admission Updates
- Rutgers has currently launched a CARES ACT, which provides emergency assistance to those affected by the pandemic.
- All the classes have been shifted to an online mode due to the current situation. Students’ application process won’t be affected by the same.
|Application Portal||Online portal|
|Type of university||Public|
|Application Fee for international students||70 USD|
|TOEFL code for Rutgers Business School||B355|
|Average TOEFL Score||105 (Minimum score is within the range of 90-100 IBT)|
|Average IELTS Score||7|
|Minimum PTE Academic score||68|
|Mode of payment||Online|
|Intake Seasons||Spring and Fall|
|Financial Aid||Financial aids not provided to international students by Rutgers Business School. However, they can apply for private loans.|
Rutgers Business School Admission Deadlines
The admission deadlines for applying to different programs at Rutgers Business School are discussed below:
|Type of Deadline||Application Due Date||Online Decision Date||Candidate’s Response Date|
|Early Decision||November 1||February 15||May 1|
|Regular Decision||December 1||March 31||May 1|
Application dates for admission to PG courses at Rutgers Business School in the fall 2021 semester:
|PT-MBA||June 15 (Fall)
November 15 (Spring)
March 15 (Summer)
|MBA in Professional Accounting||April 1|
- Applicants are required to submit the necessary documents maximum by two weeks after the application due date mentioned above.
- If the applicants apply after the due dates have passed or if their documents remain incomplete, their admission will be rejected.
Rutgers Business School International Student Admissions
As mentioned above, Rutgers Business School represents students from over 33 countries. The admission requirements for all the international applicants are mentioned below.
How to apply?
Application Portal: Students are required to apply online at the official website
Application Fee: 70 USD for international students
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Official education transcripts of high school and secondary education or transcript of any universities/colleges previously attended.
- English language proficiency test scores like TOEFL, IELTS, and PET academic test.
- Passport copies
- Two letters of recommendation
- Financial Verification where students need to prove that they can meet the financial requirements.
- For graduate applicants, GMAT or GRE scores may be required depending on the program chosen by the student. (GRE is only accepted for an MBA by Rutgers Business School).
- Graduate applicants also need to submit an essay that must describe an ethical dilemma that they have faced in the past and the steps they took to resolve it.
- If the applicants intend to have a J-1 or F-1 visa to study, he/she must fill out and upload “Financial Affidavit of Support” on the Application Portal.
- Applicants are also required to upload all the financial documents such as bank statements.
English Proficiency Requirements for International Students
All the applicants who are not from an English-speaking country must demonstrate testing in order to prove their English Proficiency in the form of test scores like TOEFL, IELTS, etc. Some of the accepted tests with their corresponding scores are as given below:
Visa process for international students
If applicants intend to hold a J-1 or F-1 visa to study in the USA, they need to provide the following documentation, required to successfully enroll at the institute.
- Certificate of Eligibility from the University (I-20)
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor Letter, if applicable
Rutgers Business School Undergraduate Admissions
This section lists the admission requirements for domestic applicants in the undergraduate programs of Rutgers Business School. International applicants must, however, note that admission to Rutgers Business Schools UG courses during the spring semester are not welcomed.
Where to Apply: University Undergraduate Application
Application Fee: 70 USD
The requirements are as follows:
- A completed application.
- Official university/college or high school transcripts. It is mandatory for all the applicants to submit the transcripts of high school previously attended. These documents must be transmitted directly from the educational institution to Rutgers Business School.
- Two letters of recommendation (Academic LORs)
- Current resume
- Standardized test scores, that is test scores of SAT or ACT.
Students are required to have studied the following courses at the high school level, for admission to Rutgers Business School undergraduate programs:
- English: 4 years
- Foreign Language: 2 years of one language
- Mathematics: 3 years, including algebra I, geometry, algebra II
- Science: 2 years
- Other: 5 courses
Rutgers Business School Graduate Admissions
Rutgers Business School offers around 17 graduate programs, including full-time, part-time and professional accounting MBA.
Where to Apply: University Graduate Application
The admission requirements are as follows:
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree. The applicants need to provide official transcripts from the universities or colleges previously attended.
- Test scores of GMAT or GRE depending on the program chosen by the applicant. It is important to note that Rutgers only accepts the score of GRE for its MBA program and not for any other programs.
- GMAT CODE: QK5-XT-40/ GRE CODE: 5529/ Executive Assessment (EA) CODE: QK5-XT-40
- GMAT score waivers are available for those with a technical degree in Bachelor’s
- English language proficiency test scores in the form of TOEFL or IELTS or PTE.
This requirement is waived for applicants who have a working experience of more than 3 years in the United States of America.
- Resume or previous experience summary
- Two letters of recommendation
Both of these letters of recommendation must come from either their recent or current employers. If the applicant is self-employed, then it may come from clients or vendors. If the applicant does not have any previous work experience, they must get their letters signed by their previous professors.
- Passport Copies
- Financial verification
This section provides the academic requirements of a few most popular graduate programs offered at Rutgers Business School.
|Requirements||GMAT, GRE or Executive Assessment (EA)||Deadlines||LOR||Work Experience||Resume||Essay|
|FT-MBA||Required for admission
(Taken within five years)
|March 15||2 LORs||Required
(Avg- 49 months)
|Master of Financial Analysis||Required||June 15||2 LOR||Required||Required||Not Required|
|MAcc Financial Accounting||Required||Aug 1
|MBA Professional Accounting||Required||April 1||2 LORs||Optional but preferred||Required||Required|
The students can apply via an online portal in order to take admission at Rutgers Business School. Applicants can find more information regarding admissions on www.business.rutgers.edu or may contact the international admissions office at email@example.com.
Ques. Are international applicants at Rutgers Business School required to get their grades and transcripts formally evaluated?
Ans. No, as Rutgers Business School changed its policies in 2016. Applicants need to submit certified or original copies. The transcripts must be in English.
Ques. Can the applicants defer their admission at Rutgers Business School?
Ans. Yes. Applicants at Rutgers Business School can defer their admission up to one year. To request a deferment, applicants need to pay their application fees in order to reserve a seat.
Ques. Can applicants take GRE or GMAT more than once at Rutgers Business School?
Ans. Yes. Applicants can retake GMAT or GRE without any penalty at Rutgers Business School. Out of all, the highest score will be used.
Ques. Does Rutgers Business School waive GRE or GMAT?
Ans. Yes, for students who are holders of a MD, Ph.D., JD and PharmD, Rutgers Business School waives of GRE/GMAT requirements. Moreover, every program has different waiver criteria.