Albion College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Located in Michigan, USA, Albion College is a liberal arts college established in 1835 and is related to the United Methodist Church. One of the highly coveted organization in the US Education System, the institute is an exclusively undergraduate college offering a plethora of courses across its 23 academic departments.
Honored by Forbes as one of America's Top Colleges, the college attracts some of the brightest minds from across the world to study in the USA and presently has a student body of around 1,500. With a student-faculty ratio of 11:1, the institute guarantees quality education and individual attention towards all its students and proves the commitment to its motto of “Let there be light”.
Admission at Albion College is offered on a rolling basis round the year though there are certain priority deadlines that the institute observes. With an acceptance rate of nearly 68%, the college is moderately selective in its approach towards admissions and enrolls any candidate with a decent profile. Admission decisions are usually released within 2 weeks of submitting all the documents following which students can prepare and plan their stay in the US.
- The institute has been ranked at #63 in social mobility by US News & World Report.
- It is also honored in the top 100 liberal arts colleges in the United States of America as listed in the survey by Times Higher Education.
- It is also listed in Princeton Review’s Best 385 Colleges.
- According to the College Scorecard Data, it is #1 in graduate earnings among the small colleges in Michigan.
|Type of University||Private|
|Rank||Honored as America’s Top College (Forbes)|
|Number of Campuses||3|
|Student- Faculty ratio||11:1|
|Season of Intake||Rolling admissions|
|Test Scores Accepted||TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT|
|Financial Aid||Available as Scholarships and Awards|
Programs, Campus, and Residential Facilities
Albion College offers various undergraduate courses for international students in ranging disciplines across its 23 academic departments. Around 1,500 students are enrolled in the array of programs that it provides. The institute also offers some other concentrations and pre-professional courses for its aspirants round the world.
Popular majors available in the college favored by students include Computer Science, Economics & Management, Finance, Psychology, Environmental science, among others. The institute also provides various minors inclusive of courses like Anthropology, Biology, Art, History, International Studies, Philosophy, Mathematics and others.
Albion College has three campuses namely main campus (90 acres), Whitehouse Nature Centre (144 acres) and Held Equestrian Center (340 acres).
Main Campus: It is spread in a luscious area located in a town or a suburban locality. It offers various on-campus facilities and activities available for its candidates within a close proximity. Around 90% of students enrolled at the institute live in the accommodation facilities provided on campus.
From sports to recreation, the campus is a vibrating site full of life and activity. The college is a charter member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association and offers a ranging options in the field of athletics namely, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, swimming and diving, to name a few.
Over 100 student organizations and clubs form a crucial part of the campus which conduct various events and gatherings all-round the year and help students come closer to build lifelong friendships. From Dead Pinocchio Theatre, Albion College Dance Team to Euphonics, there is a club for everyone and anyone which acts as a great source of entertainment and provides the must required relief from the stress of the cut-throat curriculum.
The institute is a residential college which offers on-campus accommodation options to nearly 90% of the students enrolled in it. It has 4 residence halls for the undergraduate students.
- The first year students are housed in 2 residence halls called Seaton Hall and Wesley Hall while transfer students are housed in Seaton Hall, Mitchell Towers as well as Whitehouse Hall.
- Wesley Hall is located on the northern side of the campus and is the largest residence hall. It is a co-ed residence hall with a housing capacity of 460 students.
- Seton Hall is centrally located and is a traditional residential hall. It has community bathrooms.
- Mitchell Towers, which is on the eastern side of the campus houses upper class students. It is a suite style hall and has a capacity to house 230 students.
- Whitehouse Hall is also centrally located and has a capacity to house 202 students. It also houses upper class students.
- All the rooms are double rooms and provide basic facilities like bed, desk, desk chair, closet and dresser space.
- Official transcripts of previously attended educational institutions. Certified translations along with original copies of the documents are needed in case the originals are not in English.
- International applicants have to submit their English Proficiency test scores like TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent.
- SAT or ACT scores.
- Personal statement.
- Letters of recommendation.
NOTE: Mandatory documents can be sent to the college by one of the following:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uploaded on a student's Briton Bound account.
Mail at Office of Admission, Albion College, 611 East Porter Street, Albion, MI 49224 USA.
What to do after applying?
Track the application status via your Briton Bound Account and keep updated with the recent changes. Wait for 2 to 4 weeks for receiving your offer of place if you are admitted into the institute. Once you receive an acceptance letter, confirm your enrollment by depositing the required amount of fee and apply for a visa at the earliest opportunity.
Aspirants of the college must note that though the institute offers admissions on rolling policy, it does however observe some priority deadlines which have been tabulated as below.
|Type of Deadline||Date|
|Early action deadline||December 1|
|Priority deadline for rolling admissions||March 1|
|Priority deadline for scholarship consideration- Spring Term (January)||September 1|
|Priority deadline for scholarship consideration- Fall term (August)||March 1|
Cost of Attendance
International applicants enrolling at the college are highly recommended to have an estimate of the budget to study in the US before sending in their entries for admissions. A table depicting the cost of living to be noted by the prospective candidates as per the data of 2020-21 is compiled as follows:
|Category||Estimated Fee (in USD, per year)|
|Housing and Meals||12,380|
|Books and Supplies||1,000|
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Albion College offers various scholarships for international students to study in the USA which covers around 40 to 60% of the total expenses. Details for one of the many awards available for applicants is as follows:
#You Are Welcome Here Scholarship
- Application deadline: 15 February
- Amount: 30,000 to 35,000 USD, per year
- You will be required to submit the scholarship application along with an essay of 500- 1000 words or a 2 to 5- minute video describing your aspirations to conduct research, projects, employment or any other experiences that would advance intercultural learning.
- The scholarship is not awarded to more than 2 students.
- The list of scholarship winners is released in April.
Apart from institutional scholarships, there are a number of external sources such as EducationUSA, FinAid!, International Education Assistance Aid, Rotary International, to name a few that offer scholarships for international students as well. One such studentship provided by International Education Assistance Aid (IEFA) is as mentioned below.
Global Excellence Scholarship
- Application deadline: March 1
- Amount: USD 10,000 or 5,000 USD, per year for up to four years.
- Students from any field can apply for this scholarship and the awards shall be sanctioned on the basis of merit.
- Candidates should mandatorily maintain their F-1 immigration status to remain eligible for the scholarship.
Note that the college observes some priority deadlines for scholarships depending upon the season a student is enrolling in. Thus, candidates hoping to avail the scholarships must take note of these priority deadlines and apply for the scholarships at the earliest since the competition is really cut-throat.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://www.albion.edu/admission/apply
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I was sure that I wanted to get admission to Albion College as the Curriculum of Art was extraordinary. There is an online application, which was totally free. The rest of the official documents are to be forwarded to the official email address of the college.
Course Curriculum :
The course program includes courses like Digital tools, Ceramics, Sculpture, and Photography.
I had been well-off in communication since middle school and I wanted to be admitted to an institution that can give me enough experience for my field. Luckily, I had a relative who has studied there and had given me positive feedback about the college after which I filled up the online application form(common application) and got admitted here as a freshman.
Course Curriculum :
As for the course curriculum, even though it has been a few months into it, I have started getting the hang of it. The books offered are full of illustrations with countless examples and faculties have been more importantly focusing on removing stage fright from each of the students. We do practicals on a daily basis where they conduct Group Discussion rounds and One-on-one Interviews as well.
Research, the fundamental aspect of the course is included in the curriculum and it also took me to various places. During my studies, I have been to California, Wyoming, Sweden, and Norway. Also, I worked in the field through an internship and a geology field camp. The college gave me hands-on experience as well as analytical skills.
Course Curriculum :
We were allowed to explore the underpinnings of our world through a comprehensive curriculum and small class sizes. While studying this course, various interesting facts and knowledge were imparted to me. Ultra-high-pressure rocks formed in intensely deformed mountains and the evolution of vertebrate fossils were my favorite topics to study. The study of recent and modern climate and environmental change was also included in my curriculum.
- Book Store
- Train Station
- Super Market
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary