Albion College 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Albion College is a liberal college located in Albion, Michigan, United States of America. It was established in 1885 and is a private university. It is a 4- year institution offering undergraduate courses. The student- teacher ratio is 11:1. Around 50% of the students are enrolled in the institution, out of which around 90% reside on campus. the acceptance rate is 68%.
- 49 major programmes and other pre- professional programs are offered by the Albion college.
- The Higher Learning Commission has accredited the institution.
- The university offers Bachelors of Arts and Bachelors of Fine Arts.
- Candidates can either apply at the official website of the university or through the Common Application.
- Applications are accepted for Fall and Spring term.
- International applicants have to prove their proficiency in English language.
- International students must keep track of their visa applications and complete the visa process in time.
|Application Portal||Online portal|
|Application Fee (Non- Refundable)||Online application: N/A
Printed Application: USD 40
|Total Number of Students||1500|
|Average SAT Score||1010- 1240|
|Average ACT Score||20- 26|
|Academic Calendar||Semester- based|
|Intake Sessions||Fall/ Spring|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships/ Loans/ Grants/ Work- study|
|Work Experience||Required for some courses|
Albion College Admission Deadlines
The application deadlines for Albion College international admissions are tabulated below:
|Priority deadline for scholarship consideration- Spring Term (January)||September 1|
|Priority deadline for scholarship consideration- Fall term (August)||March 1|
|Early action deadline||December 1|
|Priority deadline for rolling admissions||March 1|
Albion College International Student Admissions
International applicants will be required to fulfil several specific requirements in addition to the basic requirements for the applicants belonging to the home country, United States.
Application Portal: The students can apply through the university application given on the official website or through the Common Application.
Application Fee: Printed Application: USD 40
Online Application: N/A
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Official transcripts
- If the transcripts are not in English then they have to be submitted along with an English translation.
- Letters of Recommendation
- SAT or ACT scores have to be submitted.
- English proficiency test scores are required for international applicants belonging to countries whose first language is not English.
- Financial statement and recent bank statement.
- Copy of passport.
- There are various specific departmental requirements which differ with each course.
The admission requirements should be emailed to email@example.com or they can be mailed at:
Office of Admissions
611 East Porter Street
Albion, MI 49224 USA
English Proficiency Test Score
All the international applicants who do not belong to the United States of America need to prove their proficiency in English by submitting their TOEFL, IELTS or other scores. The college does not offer any Intensive English classes, thus, a minimum score in standardized tests is a necessity. The minimum requirements for admission in different undergraduate courses are given below.
|SAT – Reading/ Writing||510|
|ACT- English and Reading||19|
|Duolingo English Test (DET)||100|
Visa Process for International Students
The selected applicants will be issued the I- 20 form from the Albion College.The applicants are required to submit the following documents in order to obtain the I- 20 form.
- Proof of financial assistance
- A copy of the biographical page of passport
- After completing the I- 20, applicants have to pay the SEVIS I- 901 fee.
- Apply for a visa by completing the DS- 160 visa application.
Documents required for completing the DS- 160 visa application are:
- Travel itinerary
- International travel history
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of admission from the college
Attend a visa interview in the US embassy of your country.
Albion College Undergraduate Admissions
Albion College offers many undergraduate courses. Bachelors of Arts and Bachelors of Fine Arts degrees are offered. Majors are offered in fields like Accounting, Anthropology/Sociology, Anthropology, Art (Studio Art), Biochemistry, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science etc. Each course has specific admission requirements. but the basic requirements remain the same for most of the courses.
Where to Apply: Direct Application (Albion College Online application)
Application Fee: There is no application fee for online applications while the fee for printed applications is USD 40.
Admission Requirements: The applicants have to provide following documents have to be provided at the time of admission:
- Secondary school qualification or any equivalent
- Transcripts of all academic institutions attended previously.
- Scores of Standardized Exams to study in the USA
- International students are required to prove English language proficiency by submitting the scores of English Language Proficiency Tests.
- At least 1 letters of recommendation have to be submitted
- Personal statement or a short essay.
- Specific courses have extra requirements which include interviews.
The college has a selective admission process as the acceptance rate is 68%. A number of criteria is considered before granting admission. The college takes your high school GPAs, standardized test scores, recommendation letters, essays and sometimes an interview into consideration.