Webber International University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Originally established on April 6, 1927 as a women's college focusing on teaching women about business, Webber International University has now blossomed into a private, independent co-educational business university. The campus is stretched out across a 110-acre area in the backdrop of the serene Crooked Lake at Babson Park, Florida.
Matching the widespread campus is an equally diverse student population from across 48 countries. The impressive fact about this highly regarded university is that about 96.6% of students receive some sort of financial aid attracting students to pursue their studies in the USA at WIU.
To add a feather to its cap, WIU is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The university provides an environment to its students that encourages success through academic excellence and hard work.
- Webber International University is ranked #65-#84 in Regional Colleges South and #57 in top performers in social mobility as per US news rankings for the year 2020.
- WIU is recognized as a “Best in the Southeast” and a “Best Value” college in the Princeton Review.
|Year of Establishment||1927|
|Location||Babson Park, Florida|
|Type of University||Private|
|Annual acceptance rate (Avg.)||50%|
|Test scores accepted||ACT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, PPT|
|UG Tuition fees per semester||USD 12,391|
|MBA tuition fee per credit hour||USD 729|
|Student receiving financial aid||96.6%|
Programs offered at Webber International University
Courses provided at WIU primarily fall in the field of business, education, and health professions and sciences. Webber International University offers its students with undergraduate and graduate programs. Programs offered at the university include:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with 8 majors.
- Bachelors of Science in General Business Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Performance, Health, and Fitness.
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education/Middle-Class Grades Teacher Education/ Special Education/Psychology/ Health Services Administration
- At the graduate level, WIU offers MBA with 5 specializations that focus on an interdisciplinary approach of business practices which is practical for students and sets them ahead in the global field of business.
- An accelerated program is also at the disposal of the students. By the end of 5 years, the students can walk out with a BS degree in Business Administration and an MBA degree.
Campus Life And Key Features of WIU
Webber International University is located in Babson Park, Florida, United States. The university has a 110 acres campus that borders beautiful Crooked Lake, 40 minutes from Disney World between Lake Wales and Frostproof.
Highlighting feature of this campus is Grace and Babson's learning center which serves as the ‘gateway’ to information for students encompassing around 200,000 e-books and a wide variety of video and audio files, images and journal articles.
In 2011, Webber merged with St.Andrews Presbyterian College now serving as St.Andrews University in North Carolina where courses in liberal arts and science are available and additionally pre-professional programs of study are also offered in this campus.
WIU Accommodation- Home Away From Home
All freshmen students at WIU are required to stay on-campus. Within the campus, the housing facility involves five residence halls that include Camilla Hall, Gerace Hall, Dorm A, Dorm B, and Miranda Hall which in total can accommodate around 419 students.
- Grace hall and Camilla Hall are shared accommodations for men and women respectively. Whereas Dorm A, Dorm B, and Miranda Hall house Single private bedrooms, a semi-private bath and suite lounge.
- All dorms are provided with laundry facilities, cable, internet, and micro-fridge and are fully furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, and closet per resident.
- Two types of meal plans are available -A and B where freshmen have to stick to plan A which covers 19 meals per week for 15 weeks. Plan B entitles a student to 200 meals of an individual’s choice throughout the semester.
- Students are permitted to bring their mode of transport within the campus to commute.
Students of freshman and sophomore year have to mandatorily stay on campus until they have earned 56 credit hours. A housing application is automatically sent after admission is done as freshmen are expected to stay on campus during their study course.
Housing and Dining Fee:
|Grace and Camilla||USD 4,598 (single);
USD 2,995 (double);
USD 3,129 (triple/quad)
|Individual room||USD 4,926|
|Miranda, Dorm A, and B single design rooms||USD 5,298|
|Meal Plan A||USD 1,720 per semester|
|Meal Plan B||USD 1,441 per semester|
Application Process at WIU
The admissions at Webber International University are accepted during fall or spring terms. Application: International students can apply for admission online on the university website.
Application Fee: The UG application fee is 35 USD while the MBA application fee is 75 USD for international admissions.
Admission Deadline: WIU undergraduate admissions are on a rolling basis while the admission deadline for MBA program is August 1 and January 1 for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Completed application form
- Academic transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Standardized exams to study in the USA- SAT, ACT or GMAT
- Personal essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency – TOEFL/ IELTS
- Certification of Financial Responsibility
- Copy of Passport
Cost of Attendance
The estimated per semester cost of attendance for a student enrolled in an undergraduate program has been tabulated below:
|Expenses||Fee per semester (in USD)|
|Room (multiple occupancy)||2,995|
|Total per semester||18,697|
Expenses to be incurred while enrolled in MBA program at Webber International University:
|Expenses||Fee (in USD)|
|Tuition fee (per credit hour)||729|
|Room(per term)||2,385- 3,727|
|Meal (per term)||1,299|
|Health Insurance(per term)||707|
How To Lower The Study Expenditure?
All efforts are undertaken by WIU to make education affordable to students from all walks of life. Financial aid and scholarships make a life of students less of a burden. These financial aids are obtained only upon successful admission to the university.
International students can apply for scholarships to finance their education. WIU merit awards have an application deadline of July 1 and December 1 for the fall and spring semesters respectively which is awarded based on GPA. A few of the scholarships and awards offered at WIU are:
- Incoming Freshmen Award- The amount of the award varies with the GPA of the student and is renewable on satisfactory academic excellence.
|GPA||Yearly amount awarded (in USD)|
- Athletic Scholarships are available which can be combined with academic awards.
- Talent and Leadership scholarship is provided which awards an additional USD1000 to the academic awards stated above.
- International students get a USD250 scholarship for referring an international student to WIU.
- Ellison Work-Study- Awarded to undergraduate students who manage to secure 8-10hrs work per week for 12 weeks at minimum wage for a semester within the campus.
- Academic excellence award where 100% tuition scholarship for four years is awarded to freshmen students. Eligible students must have a GPA of 3.75 and a minimum SAT score of 1280 or ACT score of 29. The application deadline for applying for the academic excellence award is July 1.
- Webber International University Honors Award for students enrolled in an honor program where up to USD14,000 is awarded per year.
Students can also apply for outside international scholarships awarded by private organizations, the US government or the government of respective home countries. Education loans are another form of financial aid that a student can opt to finance their education.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
As it the first graduate institute for restorative practices in the world, I wanted to be a part of it to fulfill my dreams and achieve success with the expertise and knowledge. I applied to many colleges and schools but it came out to me as the best option to go for with an application fee amounting to zero. The admission process was completed online.
Course Curriculum :
The course offered a flexible curriculum with ease of learning and having a semester wise pattern enabled limited course with utmost knowlege every semester.
I chose this college mainly because of the MBA course which is very cheap here. Also, the course structure and infrastructure of the college is also very good. And these were some of the reasons why I finally decided to join the college. I applied to the college online for an application fee of $35.
Course Curriculum :
The program aims to integrate the various facets of effective business administration while utilizing information technology to enhance problem-solving skills. The program is made available through a four-term format offered annually (Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer).
Webber International University seemed to be more expensive than any other public university but the university really worked with me to help with financial aid. Because of the financial aid I received, I was able to attend university and it was even cheaper than some schools.
Course Curriculum :
This program will help me to identify my unique talent and skill. And it will help me to achieve my dreams by doing the things that I love the most. This program is designed to capture the heart, imagination, and creativity so that I can contribute immensely to the community.
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary