Webber International University 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Admissions at Webber International University are competitive. The university was established in 1927 and is located in Florida. The acceptance rate of the University is 40% where both men and women are accepted. The University has a total of 694 students enrolled including both the genders.
Webber University is an international business school and the students can apply for various undergraduate as well as graduate courses in the University for their future. The Student-Faculty ratio of the University is 23:1. The Webber International University is accredited by ‘The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).’
The University provides for associate, bachelors as well as master courses and offers several courses in face-to-face as well as offline or distance mode. The Webber International University admissions of Undergraduate courses for the fall intake session of 2018 was a total of 1,022 out of which 40% were admitted to their desired courses. The percentage of international students of the University accounts for 14% which are admitted from approximately 48 different countries around the world. Thus, it is a very diverse and accepting place for foreign students to pursue higher education in the US.
- It demands an annual high school GPA of 2.98 for all the new students who apply for courses at the University.
- For the admission in certain courses, the admission in the University requires an interview process too.
- The class rank of students matter and the preference is given to the top 10% rank-wise.
- The application deadline for the fall session intake for fresh students as well as any case of transfer is 1st August.
|Application Portal||Online portal
|Application fee||35 USD|
|Application deadline||August 1 and January 1|
|Intake Season||Fall and Spring|
|SAT score accepted||1010|
|ACT Percentage accepted||17-20|
|Financial Aid||Grants and Scholarships, and student loans|
|Endowment (2018)||$ 5.7 million|
|International Admissions||1-800-741-1844 (Toll-Free)
Webber International University Admission Deadlines
The Webber International University intakes students on a rolling basis and has fixed its deadlines for the Fall and Spring seasons:-
Webber International University International Student Admissions
The deadlines for both domestic and international students are the same. There is no difference in the programs and courses offered by the University to both the types of students too. There are some of the other requirements to be fulfilled by the international students in order to be able to study in the US.
The International students applying for the Webber International University admission have to fulfil these requirements:-
- A completed application form
- Transcripts- High school and secondary school mark sheets/college degree
- GED score is also accepted
- Required standardized test scores
- SAT (Webber code- 5893) and ACT (Webber code- 0773)
- An Essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- Sample of scholarly work done
- Sponsor letter if the funds are submitted by someone else.
- Bank Letters or Bank statements
- A valid Visa and Passport
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
The university requires a common language for all the students as the medium of education is English. For this purpose, it requires English scores through different exams like TOEFL and IELTS. International students are required to have a minimum score in the exams:-
Visa Process for International Students
The visa can be applied for once the student is admitted to the University after being selected in the desired course. For this purpose, the University provides the student with the I-20. For the I-20, the student needs to submit:-
- A copy of the Passport
- Biographical information
- Financial documents
- These financial documents must be less than 6 months old at the time of the issue.
- English language should be used.
- Bank letters and statements including the account holders’ name, banks’ name, and other information regarding the bank account.
- Only liquid funds accepted
- A sponsor letter if the amount is not one’s own.
- A cover if the documents are being submitted altogether.
- SEVIS I-901 fee is to be paid for the visa.
- The students can then apply for an F-1 visa.
- Visa interview is the next step and the students should carry:-
- I-20 Form
- Visa Application fee
- Admission slip
- Fee payment receipt
- Proof of Financial support
- DS-160 Confirmation receipt
Webber International University Undergraduate Admissions
Webber University provides for various undergraduate courses like Business, Management, Communication, Journalism, Computer and Information Sciences, Homeland security, law enforcement, Legal Professions, sports, Hospitality and tourism, etc. There are a total of 113 bachelor courses offered by the University.
Applying online-Online UG Application
Application fee- 35 USD
Admission requirements- For the desired undergraduate degree, the students need to fulfill some requirements:-
- Relevant High school degree
- Secondary school degree if any
- GED results also accepted
- Test scores- SAT and ACT
- SAT- computed based on the Mathematics and critical reasoning portion of the result.
- SAT (Webber code- 5893) and ACT (Webber code- 0773)
Webber International University Graduate Admissions
Webber University offers Masters degrees in business administration in five main fields: Accounting, Criminal Justice Management, Sports business management, Traditional and International business. 
Applying online-Online Application
Application fee- 35 USD
Admission requirements- For the desired graduate degree, the students need to fulfill some requirements:-
- Previous graduation degree proving that the student has passed a four years bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute.
- International students- Three Letters of recommendations and Webber graduated students- 1 Letter of recommendation.
- Current and freshly updated Resume or a CV.
- GMAT score required with a minimum score of 530
- A minimum of 3.5 GPA in the previous undergraduate degree.
The University is known to be the first women orientated business school in the nation and opened its courses of business administration for women as well.
The University remains unaffected and continues its classes. For security and safety measures it resorts to the nation’s policies of social distancing and the other precautions to be taken in order to deal with the coronavirus symptoms. Students’ admission processes and other rules and regulations have no impact. The University remains open but follows the rules of the pandemic in the entire nation seriously.
The Webber University offers various courses under three categories of associate courses, undergraduate and graduate courses. The students are recommended to go through the details properly about the visa processes and the application forms who wish to enter the University. Students should have all the necessary documents and requirements for the admission process and should abide by the instructions and the procedures.
Ques, Does Webber International University provide for financial aids?
Ans- Yes, the university provides for the International aids in the form of Pell Grants, Federal student loans, grants and scholarships, etc. An International or domestic student applying for financial aid can receive it in any of these forms.
Ques, Does Webber International University offer diploma courses?
Ans- No, the University does not offer diploma courses, instead it offers associate, undergraduate, and graduate courses for the students.
Ques, What are the Master courses available?
Ans- Webber University is the nation’s first business school for women and offers Masters in Business Administration in five main streams:-
- Criminal Justice Management
- Sports Business Management
- Traditional MBA
- International Business
It is considered to be the best Business school for both the genders.
Ques, Is Webber International University accredited?
Ans- Yes, the University is accredited by “The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).”
Ques, Which score is the most accepted SAT or ACT?
Ans- Most of the students submit their proofs of the SAT score while in comparison the ACT score is not submitted probably.
Ques, How many Letters of recommendation are required by the University?
Ans- Webber University requires Letters of recommendation as its admission requirements. For International students, 3 LORs are required for the admission process while for the Webber International University student’s itself, only 1 LOR is required from the college staff or the coaches.
Ques, Is the University opened in the situation of Covid-19?
Ans- Yes, the University remains open in the situation. It carries on its processes as earlier but with strict rules and regulations as imposed in the country. The University follows proper social distancing norms and healthy and hygienic rules and abides by the country’s regulations.