Moravian College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Moravian College is a private liberal arts college that was one of the first colleges to educate women and Native Americans in their language. Founded in 1742, this prestigious institute is the sixth-oldest college of the US Education System renowned for offering an array of diverse courses at undergraduate and graduate levels.
The college’s areas of excellence include health sciences, business, nursing, sociology, psychology, and biological sciences. It provides balanced education with 11:1 as its Student is to Faculty Ratio which ensures quality and credibility of education for its students.
Moravian College offers admissions in the 2 seasonal intakes of Fall and Spring and requires that its aspirants deposit a non-refundable application fee of 35 USD. Each year, over 3,000 applications are received by the institute. The institute offers admissions to all its candidates at an acceptance rate of around 73% which makes it a lightly selective institute while looking for studying in the USA.
- The institute ranks at #136 in the category of National Liberal Arts Colleges by the survey rankings conducted by US News 2020.
- Moravian College also ranks 60 in Top Performers on Social Mobility.
- The institute is also honored as the top 700 most liberal colleges in America by Niche Rankings 2020.
|Endowment||USD 116 million|
|Campus Housing Capacity||65%|
|Application Fee||35 USD|
|Season of Intake||Fall and Spring|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as Scholarships and Awards|
|Admission Helpdesk||(610) 861-1320,
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- Moravian College was established in 1742 and has been founded by Moravians, who were the descendants of followers of the Bohemian Reformation.
- The campus stretches at four locations namely, the Main Street Campus (North Campus), the Steel Field Complex, the Priscilla Payne Hurd Campus (South Campus), and the Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Center.
- In the Priscilla Payne Hurd Campus, many of the buildings were constructed during the colonial period, this included the Brethren's House, which was built in 1748, and provided as a hospital during the well known Revolutionary War. It is currently home to the Music Department.
- The Main Street Campus is home to the Reeves Library, the Moravian Archives, Borhek Chapel, Collier Hall of Science, the Timothy M. Breidegam Athletic and Recreation Center, Memorial Hall, Johnston Hall (capacity 1,600 for athletics, 3,000 for events), the Arena Theatre, and most of the college's student housing, including dorms, townhouses, and apartments.
- The Bethlehem campus is of 85 acres in size and is home to the Moravian Theological Seminary.
Almost all the undergraduate students and nearly 65% of graduate students opt for on-campus accommodation. The full-time undergraduate students are freshmen or sophomores, or even those who live outside of commutable distance are recommended to live on campus.
Junior or Senior year students can opt for off-campus living. The housing options offered by the institute for residence on campus are as tabulated below.
|Bernhardt-Wilhelm||the largest residence hall on campus which houses first-year students in traditional double rooms.|
|Main Hall||Offering 19th-century architecture to single women with spacious rooms with high ceilings and large windows.|
|Anna Nitschmann House||Is a residence that resides six 5-person, and some five 4-person suites. In each of these suites lies a common hallway and a private bath for all.|
|Beck & deSchweinitz||two separate buildings, consisting of four, 6-person apartments. Each apartment has three double rooms.|
- The institute offers an array of diverse courses for international students at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Four baccalaureate degrees, i.e., Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science in Nursing are offered in more than 65 subject areas.
- Moravian College offers graduate degrees in Master of Business Administration, Master of Human Resource Management, Master of Education, and six Master of Science programs in nursing.
- The college also provides seminary grants in Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling, and Master of Arts in Theological Studies degrees.
- Moravian College currently enrolls about 1,700 full-time undergraduate students who wish to pursue studies in liberal arts tradition.
Moravian College Application Process
How to Apply?
Application Portal: Moravian College online application or the Common Application
Application Deadline: Fall- November 1; Spring- February 1
Application Fee: 35 USD
Basic Admission Requirements
- Academic transcripts
- High school/college GPA of entering students of 3.35 and 3.39 out of a scale of 4.0 for undergraduate and graduate students, respectively.
- Test scores like SAT/ACT with the minimum average score of SAT Math Section: 720-800; SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 700-770; ACT Composite: 32-35 or equivalent.
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume for the ones with job experience/prior experience
Moravian College Cost of Attendance
If you are a prospective applicant of the college hoping to enroll in the coming sessional year, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is as mentioned below.
|Fees||Per Year (in USD)|
|Full-Time Comprehensive Fee||45,312|
|Tuition Rate Part-Time||4,842.33 per unit|
|Winter/Summer 2020 Tuition||1,658.00 per unit|
|Room and Board||8,912|
|Books and Supplies||2,500|
The Institute offers diverse kinds of financial support in the form of awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA. 99% of the students at Moravian College receive some form of financial aid. The college invests nearly USD 40 million annually in merit and need-based grants and scholarships.
25% of students studying in four-year private colleges pass out with no debt; however, those who do have some debt, the difference in the amount is less than USD 5,000.
The college offers its students with Student Opportunities for Academic Research (SOAR). A program that arranges stipends, travel allowances, and expenses for students engaged in research or creative activities. The program assists Moravian students to have a better chance of understanding the scholarship in their field of study. The stipends given can be as high as USD 3,000 for summer work.
Moravian College offers academic scholarships that range between USD 18,000-USD 28,000 to students maintaining a regular, full-time enrollment and satisfactory academic progress. Some of the studentships available for the students are as tabulated below.
|The James Madison Fellowship||USD 24,000||Students wishing to teach secondary school level the concepts of the American Constitution.||March 1|
|Truman Scholarship||USD 30,000||College students who want to make a difference in the field of public service||February|
|The Barry Goldwater Scholarship||USD 7,500||college sophomores and juniors who are interested in pursuing careers in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering.||January 25|
|Microsoft Scholarship||Partial tuition for one academic year||Students who are pursuing a four-year college and studying in fields like Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related STEM degree.||February|
|Tompkins National Student Nurses Association Scholarship||USD 1,000-7,500||Undergraduate nursing students||January|
Alumni of Moravian College are offered benefits like access to Alumni Rewards and high-yield Certificates, GEICO auto insurance at discounted rates, alumni career service, free access to library and health & fitness services.
A few notable alumni: J. Neil Alexander, who was the Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta; the New Jersey State Assemblyman- Louis Greenwald; the well renowned American jazz saxophonist- Bobby "Lips" Levine; Grammy-award winning radio producer- Denny Somach, and many more.
97% of the students who graduate from the institute are hired in the workforce or get into a graduate school within 6 months of graduation. The U.S. Department of Education's College Scorecard reported that graduates of Moravian College earn USD14,100 more annually than the national average.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
In all, I applied to a bunch of five colleges for my bachelor's. After giving some of the mock tests for the SAT I knew how much I was going to score and based on that I have applied to the colleges which include the college I am currently in. The application fee here was zero for the online application. I feel there is absolutely no reason to apply to the college at least.
Course Curriculum :
The course is a step by step process to the learning programming language, data structure about it and algorithms and mathematics for problem-solving. Also, it provides the students to explore as much as they can and learn different topics and concepts as well and they are given value in the curriculum
I have always believed that a good MBA degree is a diamond in today's world. And I found everything I was looking for here. A good and well-structured curriculum, decent infrastructure and reputation and a great alumni base. Also, the application fee is zero so there is no reason not to apply to it. I have applied offline but one can go for a common application portal as well.
Course Curriculum :
The course takes up hybrid format classes which is a like a challenge for 8 weeks. The course is nicely designed to manage, education, work and personal life well. Topics are covered which are very relevant to the modern world and its business problems.
Following completing schooling I decided to study the business administration course. One of my friends suggested some universities and colleges for applying for the same course. I got selected at various colleges. Then I took admission to the Moravian College. There I had applied through a common application from that cost me around $60.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum of the business administration program is designed to give us a complete perspective of the business world. I am also getting to learn the skills of entrepreneurship. Due to the design of this curriculum, many students from my class will start their own business after graduating from college.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary