Federation University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Federation University is a public university established in 1870. The university is one of Australia's oldest higher education institutions and completed 150 years in 2020. It has 7 campuses across Australia and is also extended to onshore and offshore locations. located in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera. The university has a diverse community of around 23,000 domestic and international students out of which 11,010 students are enrolled in undergraduate programs, 5,607 in postgraduate programs, 313 in research and 5,805 in TAFE courses.
It covers both higher education and vocational education and training (VET) programs at Federation University. There are seven schools of the university offering programs in arts, education, science, psychology, sports, health, TAFE, etc. The university has the highest graduation rates in Australia. Federation has received the highest five-star rating in 11 out of 14 areas in the Good Universities Guide 2021. It has been recognised as number one in Australia for first-generation student enrolments and postgraduate teaching quality. According to the latest results of the ESS, GOS, CEQ, and SES published in 2018, Federation University is ranked at #1 position at the national level for employability skills and teaching quality among universities in Australia.
At Federation University, the drive to transform lives across the globe and enhance communities is evidenced in the researches which are targeted at improving lives around the world. Interested applicants from countries like India, Nepal and Pakistan are required to apply for admission at Federation University only via admission agents.
In order to prepare students for a fulfilling career after graduation, students are offered placement, work experience, and training which are prerequisites for exceptional job applicants.
Federation University Ranking
Federation University has the following rankings on various portals:
THE World University Rankings 2021
- Ranked 801-1000th in World University Rankings 2021
U.S. News and World Report 2021
- #1238 in Best Global Universities
- #46 in Best Global Universities in Australia/ New Zealand
- #38 in Best Global Universities in Australia
|Application fees||25 AUD|
|Financial aid||Grants, scholarships, loans|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
Federation University Campus
- The campus at the Federation University of Australia is the largest in the region.
- It has campuses in Ballarat (Mt Helen Campus, SMB Campus, Camp Street Campus), Berwick, Churchill (Gippsland Campus), Brisbane, and Horsham (Wimmera Campus)
- Mt Helen Campus is a 110-hectare campus located 10 kilometers from the Ballarat city.
- SMB campus located in the center of Ballarat houses the novel engineering and construction facilities.
- Some of the facilities include new classrooms and computer labs used for TAFE vocational education, skills training, apprenticeships, and preparatory courses
- The Camp Street campus at Ballarat houses the famous Arts Academy offering programs in both VET and higher education levels. A notable facility in Campus Street is the Helen Macpherson Smith Theatre
- Gippsland Campus houses facilities like the Science, midwifery, and nursing labs, leisure center, golf course, art gallery, bistro and function areas
Federation University Residence
- The University offers on-campus and off-campus accommodation at the Ballarat campus.
- All housing options include single fully furnished, study-bedrooms with access to the university network, and free access to UniSports pool and gym
- All full-time first-year students are guaranteed accommodation in the university accommodation provided they applied for accommodation and accept the accommodation offer including payment of application fee and acceptance fee
- All international students are guaranteed accommodation at the university hall of residence on campus
- Bedroom types include single bedrooms with shared facilities, standard bedroom, ensuite bedroom, self-contained apartments, and mobility access bedrooms
- Facilities include self-catering kitchen, dining room, communal area for students, spacious TV room, fitness, recreation, etc.
- The average weekly cost for living in on-campus residence is 290 AUD and it includes rent, groceries, transport to university, entertainment, internet, and utilities (electricity, gas, water)
Federation University Programs
- The Federation University of Australia offers over 284 pathways, undergraduate, and graduate programs in Allied health, Arts, humanities and social sciences, Engineering, ICT, Nursing among others.
- These programs are offered in the five campuses of the university in addition to an external teaching location
- 68 programs in undergraduate and postgraduate levels are available online for international students
- In addition to undergraduate and graduate level, other levels of study include higher education diploma, TAFE diplomas, TAFE certificates, foundation program, apprenticeships/traineeships, short courses, and free TAFE
- Foundation Access Studies (FAST) Program is not available to international students at the university
- Study abroad and exchange program which exposes students to learning and research in a foreign environment is also available to students
Federation University Application Process
How to apply?
Application Portal: Online
Note: Direct application through Study link is not available for applicants from India, Nepal, and Pakistan. Applicants from these countries are required to apply through an agent.
Application Fee: Applicants who apply via StudyLink are required to pay an application fee of 25 AUD while a paper-based application attracts a 50 AUD application fee.
Application Deadlines: Applications for the fall 2020 intake at Berwick, Ballarat, Gippsland, and Brisbane campuses, is scheduled to end on 6th July 2020.
- English language test score
- An academic transcript
- High school certificate
- Valid passport
- Study permit
- Copy of the photo/details page of the applicant’s current passport
- Two-three letter of reference
- Statement of purpose
English Language Requirements
Students whose first language is not English are required to meet the English Language requirements while applying at Australian universities.
Federation University Cost of Attendance
The candidates planning to enroll at the university are suggested to plan an estimated budget for international students looking to study in Australia. The average cost of attending the college include:
Fees payable by international students for the 2020 academic session is presented on the table below:
|Tuition||14,400 – 34,600|
|Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)||752|
|Living cost (accommodation, food, transport, clothing, and entertainment||20,290|
|Total||35,442 – 55,642|
Fees of some popular graduate courses include:
- Master of Applied Science – 31,900 AUD
- Master of Applied Science (Biological Science) 30,600 AUD
- Master of Applied Science (Psychology) - 30,600 AUD
- Master of Human Movement (Biological Science) - 30,600 AUD
Note: International students are required to pay their first semester's fees upfront before the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is issued to them.
Federation University Financial Aid for International Students
Federation University offers numerous scholarships for international students planning to study in Australia.
No application is needed for 2020 Tuition Fee Scholarship as the award is automatic on acceptance of admission offer
International students may be eligible for an accommodation scholarship at the campus residence hall and it's worth may range in value up to full accommodation fees scholarship
International students with high grades may also be eligible for High Achievers Scholarship worth about 18,000 AUD plus a one-year of on-campus accommodation
Other scholarships available to international students include:
- International Excellence Scholarship worth 16% of tuition fees for the duration of the study program
- 2020 Foundation scholarships with various values
- Engineering Tuition Scholarship and Dean’s Bursary worth 16% of tuition fees for the duration of the study program
Federation University Alumni
- Federation University permits students to stay connected with their colleagues and with the management as well.
- Some of the benefits offered to the alumni include free access to the library, Career Development support, Networking, Mentoring, etc.
- The university is amongst the best universities in Victoria that offers a starting salary of 62,600 AUD (average) to the graduates.
Some of the notable alumni of Federation University are:
- Steve Bracks – Politician
- Steve Moneghetti – Athlete
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw - Chairperson and MD of Biocon Limited
Federation University Placement
- Career Mentorship and Guidance assists students with preparing them for careers, gaining employment or obtaining hands-on work experience
- Students are offered placement and work experience while studying at the University which gives them a soft landing after graduation
- The university provides training workshops for students to match the recruitment process
- The school was a top Victorian-based performer for both categories in 2016, with a median graduate salary of 56,000 AUD and an employment rate of 70%
Federation University is ranked #1 in Victoria for full-time employability in Good Universities Guide 2021. For the second year in a row, Federation graduates are more likely to find a full-time job and earn higher than any other Victorian university graduate. The starting salary of graduates of the university is 63,000 AUD.
The university offers an Industry Placement Program(IPP). IPP is conducted full-time over 26 weeks and provides students an opportunity to gain valuable work experience, to enhance skills and knowledge.
Federation also provides training workshops for students to match the recruitment process. Career Mentorship and Guidance assists students in getting employment and work experience.
Ques. What are the intake seasons of Federation University?
Ans. February, March, July, November are the intake seasons.
Ques. What is the application deadline for international admission to Federation University?
Ans. The cut-off date for international students admission to Federation University is 4 weeks before the course commencement date.
Ques. How can I apply for admission to Federation University?
Ans. Study link portal is available for students to apply to Federation University. However, international students from India, Pakistan and Nepal must apply through agents.
Ques. Do I have to pay an application fee for applying to Federation University?
Ans. Yes. International students are required to submit an application fee of 25 AUD along with the online application of 50 AUD if applying using the paper application.
Ques. Which schools are present in Federation University?
Ans. The schools under Federation University are as follows:
- School of Arts
- Federation Business School
- School of Education
- School of Health
- School of Science, Psychology, and Sport
- School of Engineering, Information Technology and Physical Sciences
- Federation TAFE
Ques. What are some services available at the campus of Federation University?
Ans. There are student study spaces, bookshops and textbook supplies, FedUni living, photocopying and printing, retail and other services, etc.
Ques. What mode of programs are offered at Federation University?
Ans. There are full-time and part-time study programs on campus. Off-campus study options include online learning, distance learning, block mode and flexible mode of programs.
Ques. What is the cost of attendance at the Federation University?
Ans. The undergraduate cost of attendance for studying at Federation University is 35,442 – 55,642 AUD.
Ques. How much will be the cost of living while studying at Federation University?
Ans. International students will approximately require 20,290 AUD per year as living expenses while studying at Federation University.
Ques. Where can international students enquire queries?
Ans. International students can email their queries at email@example.com.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
RANKED #801 - #1000
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #301 - #400
I choose this university because of its location and standards it maintain.
Course Curriculum :
They have updated the course curriculum according to the need of the students and make it more accurate and to understand the students.
During my university hunt after graduation, I found this university and decided to choose it for my master's as it is an affordable university they provide practical course curriculum. For the application purpose, I had to submit an online application form at the official website of the college and also pay $50 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
Within the program, I was taught to design and construction of all types of structures including single to multi storied buildings, roads, dams, bridges, pipelines, towers , harbors, airports and railways and also plan, design and test the infrastructure associated with transport, gas supply, water supply and sewerage systems. Also, the program trained us to become private consultants, contracting companies, or with federal, state and local government organizations.
It was my dream to study abroad so I consulted an overseas educational consultancy and they suggested me to apply to a total of 4 universities among which I got selected in two universities but I took admission at Federation University as it is one of the oldest universities in Australia and had the most diverse community. The university's application form cost me around $50 as I applied through the online admission portal of the official website.
Course Curriculum :
With the help of the Management curriculum, I'm learning how to coordinate people and resources for the benefit of a company and how to undertake a practical placement, internship or project. Apart from this, I'm also getting first-hand insights into how companies work and have plenty of choice for electives as well as being able to focus on favorite business area.
I came to know about this college through collegedunia. It cost me $30 for the application fee which was non refundable. Before applying here I had applied in two other colleges as well, but eventually I got admitted over here and decided to join here. The eligibility required me to be at least 18 years of age submitting my IELTS score of 7.5 and my high school transcripts.
Course Curriculum :
It is good as compared to Indian colleges. The classes were more advanced and relevant.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary