Deakin College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Deakin College is a celebrated pathway provider to a Deakin University degree. The college has been in partnership with Deakin University since 1996 and offers quality pathway programs to over 70 undergraduate and postgraduate Deakin University courses. Deakin College offers three different types of courses – Foundation programs, diploma programs and Masters qualifying programs.
More than 22,000 students have been a part of the Deakin College family and have successfully progressed into a Deakin University degree. The college enrols 3,000 students from Australia and the world. The average class size in Deakin College is 30 students. 60 percent of the students enrolled are international students and the remaining 40 percent are Australian citizens or Permanent Residents. This makes it a very multicultural and diverse space for studying in Australia.
Deakin College is a part of Deakin University and let us now look at its rankings -
- Deakin University ranks 271 in the world, as per the QS World University Rankings of 2019.
- The university stands at 10th position in Australia and 3rd position in Victoria, as per ARWU.
- Since 2016, the university has been able to cement its position amongst the top 2 percent universities of the globe, as ranked by the three major global rankings– QS, ARWU and THE.
- The university’s MBA was ranked amongst the top 200 by QS world Ranking in 2018.
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|Intake Session||March, June And October|
|Financial Aid||Available In The Form Of Bursaries And Scholarships|
|Admission Helpdesk||(61) 392445197; email@example.com|
Deakin College offers three different types of courses – Foundation programs, diploma programs and Masters qualifying programs.
- The Foundation program is equivalent to upper secondary school (year 12).
- It aims at preparing students for a diploma program at Deakin College or entry into the first year of certain Deakin University bachelor degrees.
- An extended foundation program is available for students who do not meet the general qualifiers of the program.
- The foundation programs are offered at the Melbourne campus and Geelong Waterfront campus. These programs are of a duration of 8 months, and 12 months for extended students.
- Deakin College offers diploma programs in business, commerce, communication, design, engineering, health sciences, science and the like.
- The diploma programs are of a duration of 8 to 12 months.
- The diploma programs attempt to prepare the students for a direct entry into the second year of a Deakin University bachelor's degree.
Masters Qualifying Program
- The Masters Qualifying Programs (MQP) offers a quality pathway to selected Deakin University postgraduate programs in Business and Law.
- These programs are only available to international students.
- The MQP is a non-award program designed to foster international students whose academic qualifications and English proficiency levels are well below the entry requirements into a masters program.
- The MQPs are offered in the Melbourne Burwood campus and are of a duration of four months.
- Application portal - Online
- English Language Requirement
- Completion of high school year 11.
- IELTS score of 5.5 or above.
- IELTS score of 5 for extended programs.
- For diploma programs
- Completion of class 12 or equivalent
- IELTS score of 5.5 for international students.
- Mathematics is a prerequisite for students desiring to pursue a diploma in engineering.
- For masters qualifying program
- Completion of three year post secondary study qualification.
- IELTS score of 6 or above.
- Supporting documents -
- Official transcripts
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the proposed duration of the visa.
- Electronic students visa
- Original birth certificate
- Resume and proofs of work experience (if any), in case a student wants to work in Australia.
- Intake – March, June and October
- Deakin College has three college campuses located in the state of Victoria; one in metropolitan Melbourne and the other two are in the beachfront of Geelong.
- All of these college sites are within the Deakin University premises, with full access to university services and facilities.
- Deakin College has a fourth campus in Central Jakarta for international students.
- The college has more than 120 clubs and societies catering to the interests of a diverse range of students.
- There are sports clubs, cultural clubs, social clubs and academic clubs, among others. One can also find religious societies like the Christian Union Burwood, the Islamic Society of Deakin, etcetera.
- All the three Australian campuses of Deakin College are located in multicultural and friendly cities that have everything to offer, from entertainment and architectural marvels, to sprawling suburbs, scenic beauty and relaxed ambience.
- The Melbourne Burwood residence houses around 1,100 students.
- The accommodation options include – a single studio apartment, shared apartment for two or more people and a 10 bedroom shared unit.
- All the options stated above come with a private furnished bedroom and free internet connectivity. The rent ranges between 285 to 313 AUD per week.
- Around 750 students live in the on-campus residence of Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
- Accommodation options include – a single studio apartment and shared apartments for two or more students.
- Medical students and mature age students also opt for a two-bedroom townhouse or a three bedroom apartment. The rent ranges from 236 to 249 AUD per week.
- The Geelong Waterfront campus offers multi-bedroom shared apartments for 6 to 9 people. The weekly rent is about 313 AUD.
- All the shared residence options are fully equipped with quality amenities like kitchens, seating area, outdoor barbecue, movie rooms, multi-purpose recreation rooms, etcetera.
- Applications for on-campus residence will restart on 1 August.
- Deakin College’s accommodation finder – HouseMe – can be used to search for various off-campus living options.
- Homestays in Australia are another preferable choice available to international students who want to experience authentic Australian culture and lifestyle.
Cost Of Attendance
|Foundation Program||25,350 AUD|
|Extended Foundation Program||29,900 AUD|
|Diploma Programs||27,000 to 29,00 AUD|
|Housing, Food and Transport||19,880 AUD|
|Accommodation||85 to 280 AUD per week|
- Deakin College offers financial help to its students in the form of bursaries and scholarships.
- The Navitas Family Bursaries and Navitas Academic Merit Scholarships are awarded where two or more students from the same family study with a Navitas member institution.
- The college offers a variety of nationality specific scholarships awarded to the meritorious students hailing from a particular country.
- Deakin College Excellence scholarships are provided to high achieving students from Nepal, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Indonesia.
- Australian students are also eligible to apply for FEE-HELP, wherein they have to pay only a part of the course fees and the remaining debt is registered as a loan to be paid later.
- Deakin University boasts of a pool of renowned alumni
- Michael Klinger – Australian cricketer
- Nitya Prakash – bestselling author
- Rodger Corser – actor
- Tim Callan – footballer
Placement And Career Opportunities
- Although Deakin College itself does not have an active placement cell, but, once the student transfers to Deakin University, a multitude of career opportunities start opening up.
- Students can personally search for part-time jobs and volunteering options.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #151 - #175
RANKED #176 - #200
RANKED #201 - #250
It was my goal to join Deakin University beacuse my father is an alumni of this university and I also wanted to be a part of this institute. My father told me all about it, along with the fact that they offer a personalized experience, enhanced by innovative digital engagement. My GPA of 7 helped me to get admitted here. I applied here through an online application form costing around $55.
Course Curriculum :
The postgraduate study doesn’t have to be a balancing act. They provide resources, study options, and support services that allowed me to speed up, slow down and take control when I needed to. In fact, almost nine in ten Deakin graduates say their degree offered the flexible delivery they needed to fit study around work.
I completed my high school in Bangladesh and decided to move to USA and complete my further studies there. And as one of my relatives suggested to me about this college, and then I researched a bit about it in the internet and gave a visit to it once and then decided to fill up the online application form for $20.
Course Curriculum :
The course is very well balanced and most important and updated technologies are given the preference. New and updated fields like data science and machine learning are also included in the course for the students to choose. The course also includes basic mathematics and physics as well.
Deakin College is directly affiliated with Deakin University. It has always been my passion to study at Deakin as my sister is an alumnus of Deakin and I've been going on campus tours with my sister witnessing the facilities provided by Deakin. As Deakin college offers a direct pathway to Deakin University, I chose to join Deakin college for diploma in Business
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is well structured with enough balance. It incorporates both theoretical scenarios as well as real-life problems. Has assignments developed to improve teamwork skills as well as research skills of students.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary