University of New South Wales (UNSW), in New South Wales, is known for offering maximum employability rate, i.e. around five million. For this UNSW has received QS Five Star Ratings in 2019 in all major areas like employability, teaching, internationalism, etc.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|Student Retention Rate||59,781|
|Accommodation Capacity||18 on-campus residential colleges|
|UNSW Funding (by ARC)||AUD 56.2M|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 23,140 (annually)|
|Mode of Program||Full time and part time|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- More than 142 undergraduate and 284 graduate degree programs are offered at UNSW, under eight faculties. UNSW’s 23 subjects have been categorized in the top 50 courses in Sydney. Some of them are Accounting, Finance, Law, Civil & Structural Engineering, Psychology, etc.
- On-campus, UNSW offers residential facilities to its students. There are four residential halls including four apartment blocks, which accommodate international students.
- There are also three libraries, which possess more than two million printed books and online materials, for students. The students can also access the ELISE quiz tutorial which helps them in understanding about information gathering, writing papers, etc.
University of New South Wales Admission Process
- Application: Students can apply through the online application, for admission. But the students belonging from New Zealand or Australia, and the ones who have an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the UAC Application.
- Common requirements: includes transcripts and work experience (for post graduates).
- The application fee: for both undergraduate and graduate application is AUD 125.
- There are a few additional requirements which include: cover letter, CV, personal and financial statements. If selected, there may be a formal interview for Business School applicants only.
- There are three terms for admission, deadlines for Term 1: 30 November; Term 2: 31 March and Term 3: 31 July.
- The test scores of TOEFL and IELTS are valid for two years, hence students must acquaint themselves with the university timeline, and apply for admission accordingly.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|UEEC||C+ Grade, overall completion|
Cost of Attendance
|Department/School/College Name||Cost of Tuition|
|Art and Design||AUD 32,400|
|Arts and Social Sciences||AUD 37,980|
|Business School||AUD 39,960|
International students are offered in house support by the University for applying for aid. Students are offered loans and scholarships like:
- UNSW Alumni Scholarship
- UNSW Hong Kong Alumni Awards
- Bill Pardy University Challenge Award
- Ian Somerville Award
With a 300,000 alumni network, the UNSW offers benefits to alumni like career development, taking up professional courses on 15% discount, complimentary access to nine databases, invitation to events at the university, etc.