Southern Cross University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1994, Southern Cross University is a public institution in Australia. It offers Bachelor’s and Master’s programs as well as various online courses. Around 183 courses are offered by SCU across different disciplines including health, education, law, environment, justice, business and tourism. In 2019, 20,329 students enrolled for different courses in SCQ, out of which 5,936 of them were international students, indicating that it's a very popular and diverse institution to study in Australia. Offering diploma, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees across 11 areas of study, SCU has been given 5 star ratings for graduate employment and median graduate starting salary.
Southern Cross University Ranking
Southern Cross University is ranked:
- #751+ by QS World University Ranking 2020
- #751-800 by QS Australian University Ranking 2020
- #501-600 by THE (Times Higher Education) World Ranking 2019
- #894 by US News World Ranking 2018
|Annual Endowment||271.8 Million AUD|
|Total courses offered||183|
Southern Cross University Campus
- SCU has three campuses throughout Australia:
- Gold Coast
- Coffs Harbour
- The Lismore campus of SCU is spread across an area of 75 hectares and is surrounded by landscaped gardens and rainforests which is a home to biodiversity of flora and fauna.
- It is equipped with a gym and pool complex and provides facilities like co-op book shops, student services, swimming pools and health and human sciences lab.
- Solitary Islands Marine Park and University’s National Marine Science Centre provide an ideal environment of learning to marine science students.
Southern Cross University Residence
- The university does not provide any on-campus accommodation.
- However, it assists international students to find accommodation in Australia through its devoted team and website.
- Southern Cross University offers private rental off-campus by UniStays or on-campus accommodation in residential colleges like SCU Village Lismore and Coffs Harbour.
- Room rent in SCU village Lismore campus accommodation ranges from 180.5 – 200.5 AUD per week.
- It provides facilities like lounge, theatre room, table tennis, BBQ area, study centre, parking and laundry to the students.
- SCU village Coffs Harbour campus offers accommodation in a 4 bedroom apartment at the cost of 200.5 AUD per week.
Southern Cross University Programs
- SCU offers full-time, part-time as well as online short courses to the students all across the globe.
- There are 83 undergraduate programs, 80 graduate programs, and 20 other courses offered by Southern Cross University.
- Programs at SCU are available in fields like arts, nursing, midwifery, occupational therapy, psychological science, speech pathology, social science & social welfare, business, education, information technology, law and tourism.
- Some of the most popular programs at SCU include Business & Management, Social Sciences, Economics, Law, Clinical & Preclinical Health, etc.
- SCU is organised in six schools, two colleges and nine research centres:
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Environment, Science & Engineering
- School of Health and Human Sciences
- School of Business & Tourism
- School of Law & Justice
- Gnibi College of Indigenous Australian People
- SCU College
Southern Cross University Application Process
- Application Form: International students can apply through an agent or apply online.
- Common requirements:
- Attach (translated) academic transcripts
- Work/academic experience (if any)
- Degree/diploma (for PG admissions).
- Official financial statement
- Copy of passport
- Visa details
- Application deadlines: March; July; October.
- English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions at SCU:
Southern Cross University Cost of Attendance
|Annual Tuition fees||Amount|
|Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences||26,800 AUD|
|Business & Tourism||26,800 AUD|
|Digital Media & Information Technology||26,800 - 29,200 AUD|
|Engineering Science||30,400 - 32,000 AUD|
|Health Sciences||27,600 - 29,600 AUD|
|Indigenous Knowledge||26,800 AUD|
|Law & Justice||26,800 AUD|
|Marine & Environmental Sciences||30,400 AUD - 32,000 AUD|
|Music & Creative Arts||26,800 AUD|
|Nursing & Midwifery||27,600 AUD|
Expenses other than tuition fees are mentioned in table given below:
Southern Cross University Financial Aid
- There are various opportunities of getting funds to study in Australia.
- Destination Australia Scholarship provides financial aid of 15,000 AUD to the students annually for over four years.
- Some of the scholarships (for international students) offered by SCU are:
- International Advancement Scholarship - 5,000 AUD awarded to students.
- Dr. Allan Phan Scholarship - 5,000 AUD awarded to students.
- Nathan Asher Student Experience Scholarship - 5,000 AUD awarded to students.
- As a result of the crisis due to COVID-1, SCU is providing money to eligible students to assist with costs, food and household essentials in case of financial need.
Southern Cross University Alumni
- Southern Cross University alumni are a group of diverse and successful world class athletes to entrepreneurial business leaders from all around the globe occupying key positions across private and government sectors.
- The alumni of Southern Cross University occupy key positions across the private, government and community areas in Australia and around the world.
- Notable Alumni of Southern Cross University are:
- Nick Gerber – Content producer at triple j
- Layla Buckley - Project Lead Product and Service Design at Feros Care
- Naele Sutton – MD at Humanihunt
- Kristy Harris – Director and occupational therapist at Empowered kids
Southern Cross University Placements
- Various Regular free events and workshops on future prospects of the courses are organised by the Careers and Employability Service.
- University organises job fairs every year to provide students with full-time, part-time and freelance opportunities.
- CareerHub is an online portal which provides part-time and graduate job vacancies as well as allows appointment bookings with Career, academic skills and Chaplaincy.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #601 - #800
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #401 - #500
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #751 - #800
After my sister graduated from this institute and seening her growth, I was keen to expand my mind and network with like-minded professionals and world-class researchers, and open myself up to new opportunities. After securing a GPA of 8, I had to submit an online application form. My application fee was around $70. I was keen to get admitted here.
Course Curriculum :
My course incorporates progressive assessment and examinations. I was assessed on the basis of written and oral assignments reflecting authentic work tasks and contemporary topics. These assignments come in a range of formats designed to assist knowledge and skills development over the duration of the course
My older sister graduated from this university and went on to work for a well-known business, so my father insisted that I enrol here and complete my master's degree. I had to pay no processing fee and submit my application through the college's online platform.
Course Curriculum :
I was taught about the market from the beginning to an advanced stage, including the complex environment of the company and risk management strategies. All the subjects were taught in very in-depth manner and helped me understand the basics.
On the internet I had read that it is very good ranked university among all others for masters and bachelors programmes with one of the best engineering classes, and it is also a very good rated university among all others for my degree. To apply I had to fill an online application form and no application fee was there.
Course Curriculum :
Courses are excellent in my department, which is one of the finest bachelors's programmes in the university and the largest department here. And if you are not in the subtrack, you can choose courses from other subtracks. Any of the courses are very demanding and require a significant amount of time, but they have outstanding faculty and lessons, so it is well worth it.
I came to know about this college through a study abroad program and I applied through the college portal and it cost me an amount of $100 for the application form. In order to be eligible my bachelor's degree and IELTS scores were taken into consideration.
Course Curriculum :
I would say it was good and interesting and at times boring as well. Different techniques of writing were taught emphasizing on a strong vocabulary. Through this course, I have been able to write better and think critical and how to over come writer's block.
Studying my Masters with SCU was my dream and I was keen to achieve it, no matter what as my mother also graduated from here and I wanted to continue the legacy. After securing a GPA of 5, I had to submit a common application.
Course Curriculum :
My accredited Master of Social Work is suited to applicants with previous experience in the study of the social sciences, social welfare, psychology, or related fields. In this program, I examined child protection, social policy and law, health issues impacting Indigenous communities, and leadership in social work organizations. I also undertook practice under the supervision of an experienced social worker.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary