Southern Cross University (SCU), in Australia has 5 campuses. SCU has been ranked #2 for providing support to international students. Offering diploma, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees under 11 areas of study, SCU has been given 5 star ratings for graduate employment and median graduate starting salary.
|Student Ratio (Female to Male)||64:36|
|Graduate Employability Rate||87%|
|No. of Courses||68|
|No. of International Students||21%|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 30,000 – AUD 40,000 (annually)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time; part time and online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Some of the top ranked subjects at SCU are: Business & Management, Social Sciences, Economics, Law, Clinical & Pre-Clinical Health, etc.
- SCU offers on-campus residential facilities on 3 campuses through 4 residential colleges to its students.
Southern Cross University Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply through an agent or apply online.
- Common requirements: Attach (translated) academic transcripts, work/academic experience (if any), along with degree/diploma (for PG admissions).
- Additional requirements: Official financial statement, copy of passport, visa details, etc.
- Application deadlines: March; July; October.
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
|Test||UG Courses Requirement||PG Courses Requirement|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Total Fee (UG)|
|Arts, Humanities and Social Science||AUD 25,200|
|Business and Tourism||AUD 25,200|
|Digital Media and IT||AUD 25,200|
|Engineering and Science||AUD 29,200 – AUD 30,800|
|Health Sciences||AUD 26,400|
|Indigenous Studies||AUD 25,200|
|Law and Justice||AUD 26,000|
|Marine and Environmental Sciences||AUD 29,200|
|Music and Creative Arts||AUD 25,200|
|Nursing and Midwifery||AUD 26,400|
SCU offers around 18 scholarships to international students.
Some of them are:
- International Advancement Scholarship - AUD 5,000 awarded to students.
- Dr. Allan Phan Scholarship - AUD 5,000 awarded to students.
- Nathan Asher Student Experience Scholarship - AUD 5,000 awarded to students.