Edith Cowan University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Edith Cowan University, located in Australia is a public institution enrolling over 30,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. Edith Cowan hosts more than 6,000 international students representing 100 countries around the world that form around 21% of the total student population. It offers over 250 programs across its 3 campuses as well as online study options. Programs are offered in the fields of Medical and Health Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Business and Law, Engineering, Education, Science, Nursing and Midwifery and the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts. International students are eligible to receive scholarships up to 15,000 AUD to support the study and living expenses.
The university has consistently maintained its position in the top 2.5% universities in the world in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021. In the 2021 Good Universities Guide, the university has again received 5 star rating for teaching quality from its graduates for the 14th year in a row. ECU now stands as the top public university in Australia for teaching quality for 5 years consistently in the Quality Indicators in Learning and Teaching (QILT).
ECU is offering free emergency accommodation to students in its Campus Living Villages for two weeks. Funds of up to 2,000 AUD per student will be made available dependent on eligibility due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Edith Cowan University Rankings
Some of the latest rankings of Edith Cowan University are given below:
|THE Rankings 2021|
|Engineering and Technology||Ranked in top 175|
|Business and Economics||Ranked in top 400|
|Education||Ranked in top 400|
|Psychology||Ranked in top 400|
|Social Science||Ranked in top 500|
U.S. News and World Report 2021
Best Global Universities
Best Global Universities in Australia/ New Zealand
|Best Global Universities in Australia||#27|
World University Rankings 2021
|QS Global World Ranking in 2021||#651-700|
|Annual Endowment||485.2 Million AUD|
|Total students (on-campus)||23,514|
|International students (on-campus)||5,714|
|Admission helpdesk||+61 8 630 0000|
Edith Cowan University Campus
- Edith Cowan University has three campuses named Joondalup campus, Mount Lawley campus and southwest campus.
- Campus provides facilities like wireless internet, access to computer labs, open-access libraries and a safe environment to all the students.
- Joondalup Campus located near Perth CBD is efficiently connected to rail transport and Perth's major freeway.
- On campus, students are provided with facilities like cafes, beauty salon, sports & fitness and bookshops, 24-hour access to computer labs, libraries, etc.
- Mount Lawley Campus located near Perth CBD is well-equipped with teaching resources and performing arts facilities.
- Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) is situated in Mount Lawley Campus of ECU.
- South West Campus located in Bunbury is situated near Margaret River region.
The Campus provides modern facilities and a wide range of courses along with on-campus accommodation to the students.
Edith Cowan University Residence
- ECU Village provides accommodation to students studying in any of the three campuses.
- All the villages include single and multi-room units with shared self-catering facilities, and they provide a modern, friendly environment.
- ECU village offers rooms in Joondalup with accommodation cost for the international students in Australia ranging from 195 AUD to 320 AUD while rent 170- 240 AUD in Mount Lawley.
- Students are provided with amenities like barbecue area, coin-operated laundry, outdoor courtyards, parking, lounge and TV/movie room.
- Residents have free internet access and telephone connection available for them.
Edith Cowan University Programs
- Edith Cowan University offers 219 full-time courses, 205 part-time courses as well as 125 online short courses to the students all across the globe.
- The university offers a diverse range of undergraduate courses and it is amongst the best Australia's fastest-growing Engineering Schools.
- Also, the Nursing program at ECU is the largest in Western Australia.
- There are 119 Undergraduate programs and 113 postgraduate programs offered by ECU to the students.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses include disciplines like Arts & Humanities, Business & Law, Education, Medical & Health Sciences, Engineering, Nursing & Midwifery and science.
- The university has received the top UG teaching quality ranking among all the 37 public universities located in Australia.
Edith Cowan University Application Process
Admissions at Edith Cowan University are offered in various programs including Medical and Health Sciences, Education, Engineering, Business and Law, Arts and Humanities, Nursing and Midwifery, Science and Performing Arts.
Application portal: Online
Application fee: No fees
Admission deadline: July 10 (for both UG and PG courses)
- English language proficiency (ATAR English and Literature, Minimum Grade C in English)
- Senior High school report
- Academic transcript
- Work experience
- English language proficiency
English language proficiency (TOEFL PBT – 550, TOEFL iBT - 70, IELTS – 6.0, PTE – 52, WAUFP – 50% + pass)
Edith Cowan University Cost of Attendance
The students planning to enroll at the university are encouraged to prepare an overall budget for international students looking to study in Australia. Amount of tuition fees of every course in ECU varies and can be checked with the help of the Fee Calculator.
|Tuition||14,450 – 20,025 AUD per semester|
|Housing fee||205 AUD per week|
|Transportation||33 AUD per week|
|Meals||203 AUD per week|
|Personal expenses||132 AUD per week|
Edith Cowan University Financial Aid
ECU offers different types of scholarships to the students like excellence scholarship, equity scholarship and UG & PG scholarship. ECU excellence scholarship provides financial aid of 20,000 AUD to the students in need.
Some of the international scholarships to study in Australia include:
- WA Women's Society of Fine Arts and Crafts Equity Scholarship offers scholarships of up to 30,000 AUD to students of School of Arts & Humanities.
- ECU Vice-Chancellor's Aboriginal and/or Scholarship provides a grant of 17,400 AUD to the Torres Strait Islanders.
- ECU South West Campus Scholarship provides grants of up to 20,000 AUD to all the students with a good academic record.
- ECU Higher Degree by Research Scholarship (PG) provides a stipend of 28,420 AUD to postgraduate students for up to three years.
Furthermore, international students may look for other scholarships available to study in Canada through different courses.
Edith Cowan University Alumni
- Alumni Network connects 175,000 alumni together to share their experiences and provide support to the current students of ECU.
- The Young Alumni Award aims at rewarding extraordinary achievements of alumni and to motivate others.
- Through the ECU alumni program, the university offers access to a wider range of events, from comedy nights, to concerts to networking to much more.
- Most of the alumni events are free, or have a nominal entry fee (almost 10 AUD).
World renowned alumni of Edith Cowan University are:
- Hugh Jackman – Famous Hollywood Actor
- Adam Voges – Australian cricket coach
- Donna Burke – Australian singer, voice actress and businesswoman
- Danielle Wood – Tasmanian journalist, writer and academic
Edith Cowan University Placements
- Various Regular free events and workshops on future prospects of the courses are organised by the Careers and Employability Team.
- It works along with ECU staff & employers to ensure better services to the industries by the graduates.
- University organises job fairs every year to provide students with full-time, part-time and freelance opportunities.
- CareerHub is an online website which provides the students with volunteering knowledge, vacancies and appointment bookings.
- The median salary of Edith Cowan University graduates is 63,000 AUD which is higher than the national average according to Quality Indicators in Learning and Teaching 2019.
Ques. What is the acceptance rate of Edith Cowan University?
Ans. Edith Cowan University has a moderately selective admission policy. The university has an acceptance rate of 60-70% every year.
Ques. Where does Edith Cowan University stand in the world?
Ans. According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021, Edith Cowan University ranks among the top 401-500 universities in the world. On the other hand, QS Top Universities 2021 places the university among the top 651-700 universities in the world.
Ques. What is Edith Cowan University well-known for?
Ans. Edith Cowan University is most renowned for its world class Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, the oldest School of Education in Western Australia, the largest Nursing program provider in the state and Kurongkurl Katitjin which is the university’s Centre for Australian Indigenous Education and Research.
Ques. Can I choose to study abroad?
Ans. Yes. Edith Cowan University offers the opportunity of studying abroad by providing some units in a different part of Australia.
Ques. Does Edith Cowan University offer an English pathway program?
Ans. Yes. Edith Cowan College provides English language programs for students who do not meet the English requirements for admission to Edith Cowan University and for students from non-English speaking backgrounds. Students will be placed in the correct level based on their IELTS results and will have to pass that level to commence a program at the university.
Ques. Can I get help during the application process?
Ans. Yes. The university's Education Agents can help you during the application process. The agents will help in finding the most suitable course according to your qualifications, gathering documents as well as in applying to Edith Cowan University.
Ques. How can I get my Confirmation of Enrollment?
Ans. To get your Confirmation of Enrollment from the university, you must fulfill the following requirements:
• Receive an unconditional offer for admission from Edith Cowan University.
• Accept the course offered by the university.
• Pay the fees specified in the offer letter.
• Pay the Overseas Student Health Cover.
To avoid delay in payment, students are advised to make payment online.
Ques. When does the orientation take place?
Ans. Orientation for new students happens two weeks before the start of each semester. It is an opportunity for students to adjust to university life, meet teachers and new students and get acquainted with the student support services.
Ques. Is a separate application required to apply for scholarships?
Ans. Students are automatically considered for the academic scholarships based on the application for admission to ECU. A separate application is only required if the student wants to be considered for the accommodation scholarship.
Ques. In what ways can I meet undergraduate admission requirements?
Ans. Applicants can meet the undergraduate admission requirements in one of the following ways:
• Submit secondary school results.
• Successfully complete one year of tertiary study from a recognized institution.
• Complete a diploma program from a recognized institution.
Ques. What are the entry requirements for admission to graduate programs?
Ans. Applicants seeking admission to graduate programs must complete university studies and demonstrate relevant professional experience.
Ques. What level of English is required for admission to undergraduate and graduate programs?
Ans. At minimum, international applicants are expected to have IELTS score of 6.0, with no band less than 6.0 for admission to undergraduate programs and IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 for admission to graduate programs. Equivalent TOEFL or PTE scores will also be accepted.
Ques. Do I have to submit an application for accommodation?
Ans. Yes. Applicants are advised to submit an online application for accommodation through mystudentvillage.com/au/ecuvillage as early as possible due to the high demand for on-campus accommodation.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #151 - #175
RANKED #151 - #175
RANKED #301 - #400
RANKED #301 - #400
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #651 - #700
I got selected in a total of 5 universities in Australia but upon doin research, I decided to join this university as they were offering the best ever facilities of educations and placement, the two most important, so that is why I decided to opt for it. To start the application process, I had to submit an online application form at the official website of the university which was totally free of cost.
Course Curriculum :
The structure of the course enabled us to develop in-depth knowledge of a range of contemporary health care challenges and directions within a national and international context. We have a suite of units to choose from which enables them to plan a bespoke program of study to meet our individual needs and those of our health care context in which they we situated.
A senior of mine from my school studies and through him, I got to know about the existence of the college, so when my time came and I was looking for a college for my studies, I remembered this one and did research on it and then I got to know all the benefits and and great facilities they have and their hands-on curriculum. Thus after being selected, I took the admission immediately. I applied for the college through a common application form that was available on the college's website and paid no fees for it.
Course Curriculum :
My program of 3-years emphasizes critical thinking and problem solving alongside discipline knowledge and skills, providing us with the opportunity to undertake complex information technology projects, both independent and in teams. As part of the program, I'm being introduced to concepts including programming, operation systems, networking, databases and computer security in our foundation years, before specializing in an area of information technology.
I got to know about this college through my sister she has completed her bsc course in this college and i paid $100 for the application form . I applied through the online college portal. Before applying in this college i have tried two different colleges but i found this college a better option looking at all the reviews and feedback given by my own sister.
Course Curriculum :
It is very fast paced. In order to keep up I had to take up extra classes as some of the topics were a bit difficult.
It was my dream to study abroad and I decided to choose this one because I had a senior from my school studying here. I had to pay $90 for my application fee as I applied through the online admission portal. My GPA of 9 also helped me in getting admission here.
Course Curriculum :
Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics, and computer and information sciences which underpin the engineering discipline and fluently apply engineering techniques, tools, and resources. Apply broad discipline knowledge of the underpinning natural and physical sciences and in-depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the engineering domain.
The course I chosen was fully hands-on and highly regarded in western Australian region. More over I follow same content and assessment that on-campus students follow, also, all the professors are minimum MS holders and many of them hold PhD. also, the university has very good reputation in western Australian region.
Course Curriculum :
It was ACS (Australian Computer Society) approved curriculum, getting this approval is not easy. The criteria is very strict to maintain high quality of education. Moreover all my units are industry based, and industry oriented.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary