- Master of Finance at York University is offered as a 1-year teaching program.
- This course is offered by Schulich School of Business on both a full-time (1-year) and part-time(2-year) basis. Both programs begin in Fall Term.
- Along with required core courses, students will concurrently take a pair of Research Seminar Series courses (MFIN 5000 and MFIN 5050).
- Full-time students choose to specialize in one of two streams – Capital Markets or Financial Risk Management.
- Part-time students must complete the Capital Markets stream.
- Some of the main courses that students will go through in this program are:
- Econometrics Of Financial Markets
- Capital Markets
- Institutional Wealth Management
- Financial Management And Valuation
- Corporate Financial Analysis
- The Financial Risk Management (FRM) stream is available to full-time students only. Students who wish to complete the FRM stream require the approval of the Program Director.
- MF students will cover a significant percentage of the curriculum requirements for all three levels of the CFA exam throughout their program.
- Schulich's CFA partnership also provides students with access to specialized online Level I sample exams, scholarships, the Financial Newsbrief, and other CFA publications.
- All graduates will be well equipped to successfully challenge all three levels upon completion of their degree program.
- York University’s Master of Finance ranked 5th place, based on Canada Best Masters Ranking in Corporate Finance.
- Students have many job opportunities like
- Corporate investment banker,
- Financial analyst,
- Financial advisor,
- Actuary, etc., with an average salary of around 50,000 USD per year.
To graduate, a student must achieve an overall GPA of at least 4.40. Students must complete the following to be eligible to graduate from the program:
- 27.00 credits of Core Courses.
- 12.00 credits of Stream Courses.
- Successful completion of the Research and Professional Seminar Series.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Required a bachelor’s degree of 90 credits (with or without honors).
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
Submission of GRE/GMAT scores is compulsory for this program, however, it is recommended to submit a minimum GRE-309/GMAT-550 for better a chance of admission.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
Career and Placement after Course
Possible career opportunities are:
- CAI Capital Management
- BMO Capital Markets
- National Bank Financial
- TD Securities
- Scotia Capital
- CIBC World Markets