Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Civil Engineering)
International Student Tution
- Master in Civil Engineering program allows students to complete their degree in 12 months.
- This program is offered on a full-time basis.
- This program focus on the main following area:
- Structural Engineering
- Infrastructure Management and Construction
- Water Resources Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- This program comprises only a course-based option.
- The students to faculty ratio for this program are 24:1.
- The Civil engineering program at Waterloo is both challenging and fulfilling, with a great deal of flexibility.
- The course includes research areas like Infrastructure Management, Drinking-Water Treatment, and Structural Rehabilitation.
- The study option available is MEng-Civil Engineering (Nuclear Engineering).
- The University of Waterloo ranks #2 in Canada for engineering according to U.S. News and World Report Best Global Universities 2019.
- People with the strong quantitative problem-solving skills provided by a Civil engineering degree can opt for jobs in fields ranging from urban planning to banking to business administration.
- Students have career opportunities to work as a CAD technician, Site Engineer, Structural Engineering and many more.
- The average salary after this course is $55,000 per year with entry-level positions start at $35,496 per year while most experienced workers make up to $93,500 per year.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 21355 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have completed a minimum of 4 years Honours Bachelors degree or equivalent with an overall standing of 75% or more.
- Students must complete Engineering, Research Methods, Ethics, Practice, and Law (0.25 credit weight).
- GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 [B Grade].
Indian Students Eligibility:
- Students need to complete a 4 year UG degree major in Calculus, Algebra, Chemistry, Computer Programming, Physics or equivalent from a recognized institute.
GRE score is required only for those students who completed their degree outside of Canada and the United States.
Required Document List
Followings are the required documents:
Official Transcripts: Students need to submit their copy of their original transcripts. Official transcripts are printed on security paper with the University of Waterloo seal and signature of the Registrar.
Statement of Interest: Statement of interest is one of the few ways to describe that faculty have to understand the student's motivation, the seriousness of purpose, and their level of commitment to the discipline.
Reference Letter: Students will choose letter writers that will be able to comment on their academic record as well as other experiences or relevant skill sets.
CV/Resume: Students should probably provide a resume, a copy of their transcripts, as well as a copy of their statement of interest and other relevant application material.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Closed for application.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Books and Supplies||$750|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #82 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Robbert Hartog Graduate Scholarship||$ 3775||Yes||N/A|
|Hira and Kamal Ahuja Award in Engineering||$ 6000||Yes||Oct 1, 2020|
|Waterloo Women in Mathematics Graduate Scholarship||$ 2262||Yes||N/A|
|UWaterloo Graduate Entrance Scholarship||$ 3500||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International applicants who are applying for a Student Visa are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) or eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- Following are the required documents for Students visa applications:
- official Letter of Acceptance from the University of Waterloo.
- Financial Evidence.
- Photos meeting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) specifications.
- Proof of medical examination
- Police certificate
- Country-specific documents
- Documents requested by the visa office based on individual circumstances
- The work-study program offers part-time, on-campus jobs for full-time students with financial need.
- Work-study jobs pay minimum wage or higher. Students can earn up to $2000 per term including vacation pay and benefits, and work a maximum of 10 hours per week.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the careers/job opportunities after the Civil Engineering program :
- Building control surveyor
- CAD technician
- Consulting civil engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Design engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Water engineer
- Rural and Urban Transport engineer