Bachelor of Information Technology [B.I.T] (Information Resource Management)
International Student Tution
- Algonquin College offers a BIT in Information Resource Management for a duration of 4 years (8 semesters).
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- The Bachelor of Information Technology in Information Resource Management Degree is a joint collaboration between Algonquin College and Carleton University.
- The Carleton University and Algonquin College covering four unique programs:
- Information Resource Management
- Interactive Multimedia and Design
- Network Technology
- Optical Systems and Sensors
- Graduates of the program receive a Bachelor of Information Technology degree as well as a Library and Information Technician Ontario College Diploma.
- This program offered an internship after completion of the course in between the 3rd and 4th years.
- Co-op students are available for paid, four-month, work-terms every semester.
- The degree is designed to offer students programming centered around both practical experience and theoretical background.
- This program has a 86% placement rate in field-related positions within 6 months of graduation.
- The average salary goes up to 43,928 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 42879 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- A minimum of six Grade 12 (4U - University) or (4M - University/College) courses from the Ontario Secondary School Diploma and a minimum overall average of 70% is required or equivalent.
- A minimum average of 65% is required in both the Math and English prerequisite courses.
- If the student is planning to take the Cooperative education option (Coop), the entrance requirement is 70% and a CGPA of 8.0 (B) to continue on the Coop program.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Minimum four major subjects in 12th Grade, including English and Maths with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
- Certificates: One of the following certificates with a minimum grade of 70 or above in required program subjects:
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- The Senior School Certificate
- The Pre-University Examination Certificate
- The Intermediate Examination Certificate
|fall||Feb 1, 2020|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Semesters||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4||Semester 5||Semester 6||Semester 7||Semester 8|
|International Student Premium||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807||$3807|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Living Expenses||$ 13095|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$ 2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|Adobe Women in Technology Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students are allowed to work a maximum of 24 hours per week during the academic year.
- Students are allowed to work 35 hours per week during the summer period.
Career and Placement after Course
As an Information Resource Management graduate, the student will have many possible job opportunities. Some of those job opportunities could include:
- Information Management
- Research Institutes
- Research Data Management
- Library Services (academic and public libraries)
- Web Services and Database Development
- Web Design and E-Commerce.