Algonquin College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1967, Algonquin college pertains to the category of publicly funded colleges. The founding institutions of Algonquin College are Eastern Ontario Institute of Technology and Ontario Vocational Centre. The driving force of the college is defined by its vision, mission and core values of learning, caring, integrity and respect.
AC has a total student enrolment of around 19,500, over 2,100 of which comprises of international students coming from more than 100 countries. With its recent projects in foreign countries including India, China, South Africa, Tanzania, Yemen, and Montenegro, it is rapidly becoming one of the sought-after global institutes.
The admissions to more than 340 programs available at Algonquin College is offered in the 3 intakes of fall, winter, and spring.
The college provides a wide variety of courses ranging from specialisations in Hospitality and Management to Applied arts and Technology. Spreading its roots across the international boundaries in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, it is recognised as innovation leaders. The college has around 20,000 full time and 37,000 part - time students enrolled.
Algonquin College Rankings
- It ranked #78 in the country by ranking web of universities
- #1092 in the continent ranking web of universities
- #5491 in the world ranking web of universities
- It ranked #6th in the world in the top animation traning program category and #4th in Canada by animation career review
|College Type||Publicly funded|
|Number of Campuses||3|
|Annual Endowments||3.7 million CAD|
|Student Retention Rate||86.3 %|
|Total number of programs||340|
|Mode of Programmes||Full time, Part time, Online|
|Work Study Program||Yes, for full time programs|
|Cost of Attendance||2,900 CAD|
|Financial aid||Bursaries, Scholarship, Awards|
|Language Proficiency||IELTS/TOEFL or Algonquin EAP program|
|Admission Helpdesk||Phone: 613-727-4723
Algonquin College Campus
- Algonquin college has three campuses. The main campus is in Ottawa and the other two are in Perth and Pembroke.
- Opportunities for social interaction are provided through Student’s association and Student support services.
- Various clubs and centres like AC Hub, test centre, spiritual centre are one of the benefits of living on- campus.
- Enjoyment of the big city life of Ottawa alongside the academic experience can be a considering factor.
- Provision of Athletic activities, Campus events, Special interest clubs and associations also makes the college stand out.
Algonquin College Residence
- The college provides in house residence to 1,036 students, in fully furnished 2 bedroom suites with basic amenities.
- Students opting for on campus residency are required to submit a mandatory 100.75 CAD for all application submissions as rates of rooms.
- The cost of meal plan varies with the option chosen by the student.
- Advantages of residence includes resident’s association and residence events along with safety and security.
- To make the stay comfortable it offers amenities like fitness rooms, study rooms and laundry rooms.
- Average cost of residency is 9,927 CAD with 4,299 CAD for meal plan (may vary with the plan you choose)
Algonquin College Programs
- Algonquin College provides a bundle of 357 programs and 58 online courses available full time and part time
- It also provides 19 apprenticeship programs and 10 bachelor degrees.
- To earn while working, the college is well versed with 52 Co-op programs to increase practical knowledge and create industry relations.
- Corporate training on a variety of subjects and topics is also a key takeaway from the college provisions.
- The top courses at the college are aircraft maintenance, nursing, hospitality and general arts and sciences.
Algonquin College Application Process
If considering applying for admission at Algonquin College Ottawa, following must be kept in mind:
- Application portal - Online portal
- Application fees - 95 CAD
- Application deadline - February 1
- English proficiency tests accepted - TOEFL, IELTS, CAEL
- Application Requirements
- Class 12th - An average of 50%
- English - 10th and 12th an average 50%
- IELTS scores
- UG - 6.0 band
- PG - 6.6 band
- Relevant work experience serves as a bonus.
- Documents Required
- Completed application form
- High school transcripts
- Proof of English
- Proof of Graduation
- University/College transcripts
- The college has 4,000 international students among the 20,000 total.
- The acceptance rate being on an average scale of 60% makes the college accessible for the students and the graduate employment rate is 86%.
Algonquin College Cost Of Attendance
Following expenses should be kept in mind if considering studying in Canada:
|Expenses||Cost in CAD|
|Tuition fees||16000 - 22000|
Algonquin College Scholarships/ Financial Aid
- For international aspirants looking for scholarships to study in Canada, Algonquin College is a great option since the college is renowned for its endless commitment to helping the deserving.
- The institute provides a various number of studentships as awards for academic and curricular achievers on the basis of their transcripts and personal statement.
|Name of Scholarship||Type of Scholarship||Eligibility|
|International House Prize||Application-based||Best all-rounder graduating diploma student on a student visa;
academic achievement and participation in extracurricular activities
|International student scholarships and leadership award||No application required||6 scholarships to outstanding academic achievers with maximum GPA, per school;
1 to outstanding student leadership
|Harry Bloomfield Bursary School of Media and Design: Music Industry Arts||Application-based||Enrolled in a full-time program at the School of Media and Design; good academy|
Algonquin College Placements
- The college has employment support centre which provides job search assistance to its students and graduates
- It also gives tips to write resumes, interview preparation, job search and networking tips
- The ESC also organizes recruitment, networking events and career fairs. In these events, over 70 employers from various industries come to meet the college’s students and graduates
- The students of this college get support to find full or part time jobs in different industries through an online board named HireAC
- The college offers on-campus jobs opportunities to needy students. This program is known as College Student Employment Program
- The highest salary paid to the graduates of is college is 36,67,875
- Popular job titles of Algonquin College graduates with salary packages as per payscale.com-
|Job title||Average salary per year(INR)|
Algonquin College Alumni Network
- Notable Alumnis of the Algonquin College are:
- Stuart Russell Co founder and Chief Technology Officer for YOU.iTV
- Chelsea Jones Founder and CEO of CHelsea Jones Shoe Studio
- Ricardo Laverée President of Ricardo Media Inc.
- Some alumni benefits include:
- Access to residence stays at discounted rates.
- Employment opportunities with enhanced networking opportunities.
- Access to the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre.
- On campus discounts and No fee mastercards
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://algonquincollege.force.com/myAC/EC_CommunityHome
Regular Decision Deadlines
Getting admitted here was a great resource for me to track, record, and print a record of my college-affiliated volunteer and leadership involvement. A Co-Curricular Record is an official non-academic record used to chronicle the volunteer activities that I was engaged in throughout the academic year. After securing a GPA of 7, I had to submit an online application form.
Course Curriculum :
Interested in learning about basic management concepts and principles, If so, this College-approved Certificate program provided me with the skills and knowledge needed to oversee personnel administration. The curriculum includes core courses on human resources, industrial relations, and training and development, followed by soft skill training and development that meets the requirements of companies and corporations.
Because of online great reviews and had friends over there. Also suggested by my counselor.
Course Curriculum :
I personally found this program easy as I already had my bachelor's in physiotherapy for India and this program in quite related to it.
It has a very intensive and well-rounded program, which touched on all the key aspects of marketing.
Course Curriculum :
Great curriculum. Touches on most topics. However, it is only Ontario-centric due to provincial laws. But does prepare you very well for the real world.
The college had most of the facilities and it is easy to get a part time job here in Ottawa.
Course Curriculum :
The program was up to date and was taught by industry experienced faculties. Therefore they will help you with co-op or any other problems. You will definitely get industry experience when you are in the program.
The Regulatory Affairs program is offered by few colleges. Th career pathways after completing the course is mostly in government or pharmaceutical industries which are present in Ottawa. Therefore, I chose this college.
Course Curriculum :
My course required a good amount of research on a current regulations and changes if any. Therefore, a regular update is mandatory in the course and hence provide a relevant information.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary