Bachelor of Information Technology [B.I.T] (Computer and Communication Networks)
International Student Tution
- Centennial’s Bachelor of Information Technology in Computer and Communication Networks program offers 9 semesters with Honours.
- Centennial is the only post-secondary institution in Ontario to offer a bachelor's degree in Computer and Communication Networks program.
- Every Student gets attention because of the small class size.
- The Program includes a work term during the summer between the second and third years.
- The Employment rate of Centennial College is 80%.
- The average salary after completing this course is 22,650 USD.
- The living cost range in Canada is around 4,500 USD – 10,800 per year.
- The School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science maintains strategic alliances with partners such as Avaya Canada, Cisco Systems Canada, and HP Canada.
- This program gives students both work term and employment opportunities after graduation.
- If students want then they can pursue industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+, Linux+, Microsoft MTA, MCSA, and Cisco CCNA.
- After completing this program students would be:
- Technical account manager
- Business account manager
- Network/system administrator
- Network/system analyst
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 67972 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Sept 7)|
|Admission Intake||Scholarship Due Date (Deadline - Dec 18)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- English Grade 12U final grade 70% or higher
- Grade 12 mathematics final grade should be 65% or higher
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must meet the minimum requirements in English and maths subjects up to 60%, after receiving an admission offer.
- Students will need to submit school results for Class XI showing a competitive average and course registration for Class XII, or Class XII mid-year results.
- Students in CBSE or CISCE schools, they present 75%+ on their final Class XII exams.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- If students don’t have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) but are 21 years of age or older, they may be eligible to apply as a mature applicant.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
|Event||Start Date||End Date|
|fall||-||Sep 7, 2021|
|Scholarship Due Date||Nov 9, 2021||Dec 18, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|The Google Lime Scholarship||$ 10000||Yes||Dec 4, 2021|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Toronto as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 UDS
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
After completing this program students have job opportunities in:
- IT companies
- Education (universities, colleges, and schools)
- Governmental institutions and agencies
- Internet and communication services providers (Rogers, Bell, Telus)
- Banks and other financial institutions
I pursue Bachelors at Centennial college because of its affordable fees structure and the standard of education
Course Curriculum :
The course academics is very convenient and arranged as per the capacity of the students, it also includes the industrial exposure
This college offered the bachelor of the IT program which included all the fields of computer like networking, cybersecurity, and programming. So I had the chance to explore all the fields and get to know where I should specialize. Centennial college is also one of the most reputable colleges in Canada with a high acceptance rate of international students.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum includes cybersecurity courses and most of the networking courses. The networking courses are good enough to be able to help students clear exams like CompTIA A+, Security+, Linux+ certifications. Practical projects help the students gain industrial exposure.