Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Accounting)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- B.Com Accounting at Humber College is offered on a full-time basis for a duration of 4-year with honors.
- Humber College was ranked 71st position among the colleges of Canada by the 2019 ranking reports of Webometrics.
- In Humber college, 79% of programs offer work placement opportunities.
- The main concepts of this program are:
- Financial and managerial accounting
- Business Information Systems
- Management Accounting
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Audit and ethics
- The average Accommodations(On-campus) fees varies between 6,097 USD - 7,875 USD.
- The average Accommodations(Off-campus) fees varies between 4,725 USD - 5,700 USD.
- The employment rate of Humber College is 85%.
- The average salary after completing this course is 31,500 USD.
- Humber was recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for three years in a row.
- Students will learn from professors who have real-world experience and are active in the industry.
- This program enhances critical thinking, analytical skills, communications, and leadership.
- Students can pursue a career in public accounting firms, government, not-for-profit organizations, major corporations, small businesses, and financial institutions as an accountant.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 55892 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Minimum 2 courses at Advanced (A) level and 3 courses at Ordinary (O) level: no grades below a ‘D’ (GCE).
- An IB diploma with 3 courses at a higher level (HL) and 3 courses at the standard level (SL): no grades below a ‘3’ (IB)
- Grade 12 mathematics final grade should be 65% or higher
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission to this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must meet the minimum requirements in English and maths subjects up to 60%, after receiving an admission offer.
- Students will need to submit school results for Class XI showing a competitive average and course registration for Class XII, or Class XII mid-year results.
- Students in CBSE or CISCE schools, present 75%+ on their final Class XII exams.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|On-Campus Residence & Meal Plan||$ 8037|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Humber College Entrance Scholarships||$ 1571||Yes||Jan 15, 2021|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Toronto as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 UDS
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
Students can pursue a career in public accounting firms, government, not-for-profit organizations, major corporations, small businesses, and financial institutions as an accountant, budget analyst, taxation specialist, auditor or treasurer.
Since my cousin's brother completed his studies from this college. She suggested me to study here. She told me that Humber College offers great programs that can help to build my career. Thus after research work, I decided to take admission to the college.
Course Curriculum :
My course features an integrated business model that focuses on leadership, globalization, decision-making, and relationship management skills. Broad theoretical principles and applied practices are also in this program. With the help of this curriculum, I got to explore various business functions too.
Since my cousin's brother completed his studies from this college, so I was aware of the college. Humber College offers great programs that can help in my career, so I opted for this college and thankfully I got admission to this college which surely will prove to be a milestone in my career. I applied for the program through the official website of the university, an application fee of $75 was charged.
Course Curriculum :
The program is designed to enhance critical thinking, analytical skills, communications, and leadership. We are also required to complete 14 weeks of paid work in the summer between their sixth and seventh semesters.
Humber is one of the most diverse and globally known colleges because of its international participation. I came to their website while looking for colleges in Canada and their programs are no doubt very impressive. It has a great acceptance rate as well as accepts diverse students so I took a chance and applied to it.
Course Curriculum :
My curriculum is about technical ability with the combination of the Accounting profession. Some of the topics included are risk assessment, analysis, and management, analysis, and interpretation as well. The curriculum helped me to be a future manager.
Humber is one of the most diverse and globally known colleges because of its international participation. I came to their website while looking for colleges in Canada and their programs are no doubt very impressive. It has a great acceptance rate as well and accepts diverse students so I saw a chance that I might get in, which I did. I applied to the university through its official website and also deposited an application fee of 75 CAD.
Course Curriculum :
The course for accounting is well structured given how we get our assignments and have regular tests and exams. The entire marking is not dependent on just the exam, class participation has almost equal importance which is what I like about my course.