Brandon University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Brandon University is a small institution offering 37 undergraduate, 6 graduate, 2 certificates. Around 3500 students attend the university annually. The student community currently has around 345 international applicants. In 2018, 1050 students enrolled with the university.
- International applicants can apply online through Brandon University Online Application for both Ug and PG programs.
- International applicats cannot apply for Master is psychiatric nursing course.
- Minimum English language proficiency scores are similar for both UG and PG applicants.
|Admission requirements for students||Online Portal|
|Type of University||Public|
|Academic Calendar||Semester system|
|Number of seats for undergraduate courses||2711|
|Number of seats for graduate courses||301|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and grants|
Brandon University Admission Deadline
Online Applications for International students open on 1st October. Applicants submitting their official documents after the set deadline will be considered for the second term. The application deadline for both the Undergraduate and Graduate program differ and is stated below:
|Fall (September)||April 1|
|Winter (January)||August 1|
|Master of Education||February 15|
|Master of Music||February 1|
|Graduate Diploma/Master of Rural Development||January 31|
|Master of Science (Environmental and Life Science)||April 1|
English Proficiency Requirements for International Applicants
For Non-English-speaking countries, qualifying in the English Proficiency Requirement test is a must. Tthe following test scores are accepted by Brandon University:
|TOEFL||PBT- 550, IBT- 80|
|CAEL Canadian Academic English Language Assessment||60|
|CAEL CE Canadian Academic English Language Assessment||60|
|CanTEST Canadian Test for English for Scholars and Trainees||4.5 in reading and listening,|
4.0 in speaking and writing
|C1 Advanced The Cambridge English Advanced Exam||176|
|PTE Pearson Test of English Academic||58|
In lieu of ELP minimum scores, applicants can provide the following:
- Three-year secondary school programs in the US or Canada with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Graduation from a Canadian high school with a minimum of 70% English credit in Grade 12.
- Graduation from Manitoba high school with a minimum of 70% English credit in Grade 12.
- Completion of accredited first UG degree from English-speaking institution.
- Residence for a minimum of 10 years in Canada.
Visa Process for International Applicants
After receiving the acceptance letter from the college applicants need to apply for a valid visa in order to study in Canada. In order to study at Brandon University, the applicants will require a study permit. To enter Canada students even require a Temporary Residence Visa.
Requirements for a study permit are as follows:
- A valid passport
- Application fee (billed in CND)
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Medical examination
Temporary Visa Permit: This visa can be both single and multiple entries. The requirements for a temporary residence visa are as follows:
- Valid passport
- Specified application fee (billed in CND)
- The offer of admission received from Lakehead University.
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Medical exam
Note: This process may take up to three months.
Brandon University Undergraduate Admission
Brandon University offers an undergraduate degree in over ten courses covering Arts, science, Music, etc. Applicants can also apply for the 2+2 Programme, in which the applicant spends the first two years in Assiniboine Community College (ACC), after which the applicant is transferred to Brandon university in the third year.
Where to Apply: Brandon University Online Application
Admission Requirements: For admission into the Brandon University, the following documents are important
- If the applicant is attending high school, an interim transcript has to be submitted. But once the applicant graduates from high school, an official transcript is necessary.
- Students completing the Grade 12 equivalency or the G.E.D., have to submit the original transcript.
- Students seeking transfer admissions will have an automatic transfer credit assessment done.
- For applicants from Africa or WAEC/NECO, the applicant must have studied five subjects at C5, including English and Mathematics.
- Applicants with the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education must have a level 3 in the core subjects which includes English, Mathematics, Chinese Language and Liberal Studies. More, English proficiency will also have to be proved.
- Applicants with an International Baccalaureate or IB Diploma with a score of 24, can only be considered for admission in Brandon University.
- English language proficiency test scores are also required for international applicants from non-native English speaking countries.
Brandon University Graduate Admission
Brandon University offers around 6 graduate programs for applicants. Master’s in Psychiatric Nursing is not offered to international applicants. The admission deadlines for these courses vary. The admission requirements for these courses are briefed in the sections below:
- Master of Education: In this course, the applicants have to choose between Course work only route, or the Thesis Route.
- Everyone has to start with the Course Work only route and shift to the thesis route on completion of 9 credit hours.
- 2 Letter of Recommendation is also required
- Master of Music: Brandon University offers a Master of Music degree with majors in Music Education and Performance and Literature. The following documents are required for admission in this program
- Rehearsal Video or audition recording
- Statement by the applicant regarding personal goals
- Reference letters
- Official transcripts
- Master of Psychiatric Nursing: This course is designed in a way such that it caters to applicants who want to seek leadership goals in psychiatric nursing and health care. The following documents are required:
- University transcripts
- Proof of registration as a psychiatric nurse in Canada
- Statement of purpose or interest
- 2 letters of reference
- Graduate Diploma/Master of Rural Development: For both the graduate and the diploma program, the following documents are required:
- Educational transcripts
- Two letters of references
- Master of Science: The Master of Science in Environmental and Life sciences require the following documents to be submitted by the applicants.
- An agreement with the thesis supervisor
- Resume or CV
- Statement of interest
- Two letters of references
- University transcripts of the institution last attended
Brandon University, Canada is an excellent choice for international students where the selection is based on a student’s past academic records and grades. Applicants must carefully complete the application form on time to avoid any unnecessary delays in the whole process. International applicants interested in PG programs can contact Graduatestudies@brandonu.ca. For other queries, applicants can contact email@example.com.