Diploma (Chemical Engineering Technology)
International Student Tution
- Durham College offers a Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology with a duration of 3 years (6 semesters).
- The program is full-time and delivered on-campus.
- This program is offered on course-basis.
- Chemical Engineering Technology is at the core of our ever-evolving world – innovative products, processes and materials are a constant in our time.
- Applications include manufacturing of high-tech polymers, water treatment operations, catalytic conversions, nuclear power and sustainable fuel sources-Chemical engineering technologists play a role in each of these areas.
- This program will provide students with hands-on experience and a solid background in analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, nuclear physics and instrumental analysis including chromatography and spectroscopy, as well as process control and sustainability.
- The core of the program will give students training and experience in the handling, analyzing, monitoring, processing and properties of a wide variety of chemicals.
- Some of the courses for this program are:
- General Education Elective
- Mathematics For Technology
- Physical Science
- Technical Report Writing For Science & Technology
- Analytical Techniques
- DC also ranked at 1st position for international satisfaction, as per the survey report of KPI results.
- The institute was ranked among Canada’s top 50 Research Colleges by Research Infosource Inc. in 2016.
- The average salary goes up to 108,770 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Diploma|
|Fees||$ 34413 for 3 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Feb 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Oct 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students required an Ontario Secondary Diploma (OSSD) or an OSSD Equivalency.
- If students do not have an OSSD but are 19 years of age or older, they may be eligible to apply as a mature applicant.
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent.
- Mathematics Grade 11 M or U or 12 C, or U, or equivalent.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Secured a minimum of 70% marks in one of these certificates: All India Senior School Certificate, Higher Secondary School Certificate, Intermediate Certificate, Indian School Certificate.
- Completed grade 11 and grade 12 with 70% marks.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- Tests Score statement: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or other English proficiency testing results.
|spring||Feb 1, 2021|
|winter||Oct 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$ 20174||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD
- Be registered at the University of Toronto as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 UDS
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
Career and Placement after Course
Career opportunities are:
- Chemical process operator
- Chemical process supervisor
- Chemical technologist
- Nuclear Plant Operator or Lab tech
- Quality assurance technologist
- Research and development analyst
- Instrumentation technologist