Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Accounting)
International Student Tution
- Fanshawe College offers a BCom in Accounting program with a duration of 4 years.
- This course is offered on a full-time and day-time basis studies are available for this program.
- It is an honors-level with co-op work term between levels 7 and 8.
- Students need to complete 120 credits.
- Fanshawe College is regionally ranked 103rd in Canadian universities and 6256 among the top global universities.
- Fanshawe College has a higher acceptance rate compared to other Canadian colleges.
- Co-op work term combines student's studies with paid and related work experience.
- After this course, students will be meeting the requirements for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA).
- Students will learn many aspects of accounting including:
- Financial accounting
- Cost accounting
- Management accounting
- Business finance
- The Employment rate of Fanshawe College is 90.3%.
- The average salary after completing this course is 27,453 USD.
- Students will be well prepared to write certification examinations for the Certified Public Accountant(CPA) designation.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 56596 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Apr 4)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- OSSD with courses from the College (C), University (U), University/College (M), or Open (O) stream with:
- Grade 12 Advanced Functions (U)
- Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors (U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics of Data Management (U)
- Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses with a minimum average of 65.0%.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Students have a minimum of 4 major subjects in 12th Grade, including English, with an average of 70% and no course less than 65%.
- Students have an Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE).
- Students with a Fanshawe College Diploma in Business - Accounting with a minimum GPA of 3.5 can apply to Level 4 of the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) Degree.
- Students with a Fanshawe College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration-Accounting with a minimum GPA of 3.0 can apply to Level 6 of the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) Degree.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Transcripts - Student required post-secondary transcripts from all previous educational institutions,
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree and they required three letters of reference.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
ELP Scores - Students need to submit proof of English language proficiency (official test scores or transcripts) from the testing authority or school.
|fall||Apr 4, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Health And Dental Plans||$1253||$1253||$1253||$1253|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Sep 30, 2020|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|B.Com Digital Marketing||full time||4 years||honours, co-op,on-campus||$11727|
|B.Com Human Resources Management||full time||4 years||honours, co-op,on-campus||$11727|
|B.Com Management||full time||4 years||honours, co-op,on-campus||$11727|
VISA & Work Study
- Students will need to apply for a valid Student Visa before entering Canada.
- A student visa is needed only if the program is of more than 6 months for international students.
- The visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- Before applying for the student visa, one must have a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- The cost of the Student Visa is 112 USD.
- Student Visas are issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and application forms are available online or by paper.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, they will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
- Students will be well prepared to write certification examinations for the CPA designation as well as fulfill experience requirements for these organizations after completion of the degree program.
- Graduates may work in positions such as accountant, budget analyst, controller, financial analyst, taxation specialist, treasurer or auditor.