It is a public university. It was established in 1967. It is one of the largest colleges of Ontario and has four campuses in London. Every year, over 45k students get enrolled in several university and colleges, making it one of the most student-friendly cities in Canada.
Why choose fanshawe College?
- Ranks 1 for research growth and 2 for research income amongst Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges , by Research Infosource Inc’s.
- It comes under top 3 research colleges in Canada.
- Innovation Award Winner at the London Chamber of Commerce 2018 Business Achievements
- The largest intramural program in the OCAA and has the third largest varsity athletics programs.
- It is the only CCAA college in Canada in partnership with Under Armour
- Holds 5919th rank in world ranking by Webometrics
- Secures 98th position in country ranking by UniPage
- Ranked No. 1 in Learning by the International Students in the International Student Barometer
- Holds 5323rd rank in world ranking by UniPage
- Secures 81st position in country ranking by UniPage
- It has four campuses.
- Offers collaborative degree programs in
- Bachelor's Degree and Graduate Certificate - Contemporary Media: Theory and Production (with Brock University)
- Bachelor's Degree and Diploma - Media Theory and Production (with Western University)
- Bachelor's Degree and Diploma - Musical Arts (with Western University)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (with Western University)
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Public colleges||26|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Undergraduate Canadian Students||CAD 4,166.80|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Graduate International Students||CAD 14,911.22|
|Test Scores Accepted||ACE|
|Test Scores Accepted (international students)||IELTS and TOEFL|
Campus and Residential facilities
It has 5 campuses, namely London Campus, Norfolk Regional Campus, St. Thomas Campus, Oxford Regional Campus, Bruce regional sites
- It covers an area of 100 acres
- It has 23 buildings, 1200 apartment-style residence rooms and 400 townhouse rooms.
- It has the Centre of Applied Transportation Technology (CATT), Centre for Digital and Performance Arts (CDPA) and the Fanshawe aviation Centre.
Simcoe/Norfolk Regional Campus
- It offers certificate programs and diploma programs
- It offers various services such as career and employment services, continuing education, pre-apprenticeships, academic upgrading and more.\St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus
- Located southeast of St. Thomas, Ontario
- It offers certificate and diploma programs.
- It has about 350 full-time students and 2,000 part-time students.
- It offers various services such as corporate training, career and employment services, academic upgrading, apprenticeship and corporate training.
Woodstock/Oxford Regional Campuses
- It covers an area of 50 acres and is located in Woodstock.
- It has a gymnastics center, two arenas, a figure skating club, food services and Goff Community Hall.
- It offers certificate and diploma programs, apprenticeship opportunities, academic upgrading and continuing education.
Huron/Bruce Regional Sites
- Located in north of London.
- It offers full-time, part-time and dual-credit courses.
- It offers community-interest courses, certificate and diploma programs.
It offers two types of residences: Traditional residence suites and townhouse units. It has about 400 townhouse units and 1200 apartment-style residence rooms.
Traditional residence suites
It is located at the London Campus, has three residences
- Falcon House
- Peregrine House
- Merlin House
- Each suite houses 4 students.
- 24 hour camera coverage for added safety and security
- 24-hour-a-day front desk staff
|Private bedroom||includes double sized bed, desk, drawer and closet space, cable Tv etc|
|Kitchenette||includes table, chair, refrigerator, microwave oven, sink and counter space|
|Living room||includes closet space, television with cable, sofa and armchair|
|Residence common areas||include activity lounges, common kitchen, common lounges, movie lounges and study lounges|
- It offers its students fully-furnished and non-smoking units.
- It has 66 townhouse units with 6 beds each
|Full-size kitchen||Includes double sink and counter space, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezers.|
|Amenities||laundry facilities, parking lot etc.|
|Total occupancy||396 units|
Programs + Faculties
- It offers full-time programs, part-time programs, apprenticeships and skilled trades, open programs, degree programs, corporate training, online learning etc.
- It offers 200+ post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree and graduate programs
|Centre for Research and Innovation||School of Health Sciences|
|Donald J. Smith School of Building Technology||School of Human Services|
|Lawrence Kinlin School of Business||School of Information Technology|
|School of Applied Science and Technology||School of Language and Liberal Studies|
|Norton Wolf School of Aviation Technology||School of Nursing|
|School of Contemporary Media||School of Public Safety|
|School of Design||School of Tourism & Hospitality|
|School of Transportation Technology||Continuing studies|
All you need to know about the Application Process
The order of preference for applicants in case of exceeded available spaces, the applicants will be accepted into programs on the basis of their resident status
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with courses at the College (C), Mixed (M) or University (U) Level
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE)
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- High school transcripts and graduation certificate : for EAP and Diploma Programs (International students)
- High school transcripts, graduation certificate and university transcripts: for graduate programs
How, When and Where to Apply?
- Create a login account on www.ontariocolleges.ca
- Fill up the application form
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of CAD 95
- Create a login account on intapp.fanshawec.ca
- Fill up the form
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of CAD 100
|Domestic applicants||CAD 95|
|International applicants||CAD 100|
Cost and Expenses
The tuition fee includes athletics fee, student building fee, technology fee, incidental fee and health insurance fee. Co-operative education fee is charged for various programs.
|Tuition Fee (domestic students)||CAD 4,166.80|
|Tuition Fee (international students)||CAD 14,911.22|
|Compulsory Fee||CAD 500|
|Traditional Residence Suite||CAD 8,470|
|Townhouse Units bedroom (double bed)||CAD 6,906|
|Townhouse Units bedroom (single bed)||CAD 6,606|
|Deposit fee||CAD 250|
Scholarship and Financial Aids
Various scholarships such as program specific scholarships, graduation scholarships, international student scholarship, athletic scholarship, continuing education and mature student scholarship and more. It offers over $5 million in scholarships, awards and bursaries.
- International Learning Opportunity Scholarship
- Maximum amount of funding is CAD 3,750 per student
- Login to the online scholarship application system
- Fanshawe College Student Assistance Bursary and the academic Excellence Bursary
- Full-time students pursuing post-secondary or post-diploma program.
- Student must meet the Canadian Citizenship Criteria
- To apply login in on the Bursaries at Fanshawe College portal
Work while you study?
It offers 38 Co-op programs and it offers its students various opportunities to its students.
- It offers services such as pre-employment workshops, individual appointments and access to job postings.
- Minimum duration is 12 weeks. Depending on the programs, there are double co-ops for eight months or more.
How to apply for a co-op program?
- Obtain a Co-operative Education Work Permit
- Obtain a Social Insurance Number
Work After Graduation
- The student can work for any eligible employer in Canada.
- It offers career fairs, landscaping job fairs and the Ignite Career and Leadership Program.
- For work permit, the student must have continuously studied full-time in Canada or at least for 8 months
Fanshawe Alumni Perks offers exciting deals on sports, travel, entertainment, dining and more. The user is required to register on www.fanshawealumniperks.com/en/sign-up.php. To avail offers the user can simply show the Fanshawe Alumni Perks Card or use the mobile web app.
- Sean Hogan, singer/songwriter
- Mark Kriski, anchor
- Dave Martone, guitarist and record producer
- William Peter Randall, musician and politician
- Ted Roop, radio and media personality