Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]
International Student Tution
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Fleming College is offered as a 4-years or 8-semester teaching program.
- Students will gain a solid foundation in human anatomy, physiology, and complementary subjects in general education.
- Students will gain a minimum of 1,200 hours of clinical experience.
- Some of the main courses that students going to study in this program are:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Introductory Psychology
- Clinical Chemistry
- Nrsg Praxis & Prof Care
- Health and Healing
- Nursing theory
- Nursing practice
- Professional issues
- Human anatomy
- Out of 162 Students, 126 students are graduated in this program in the year 2019.
- The graduation rate for this particular course is 78%.
- The Trent/Fleming B.Sc.N. program is accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing.
- This program has met the rigorous national standards for professional education programs.
- Students may have job opportunities like
- Forensic Nurse Consultant
- Informatics Nurse Specialist, etc with an average salary of 64,956 USD per year.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 67148 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- A high school diploma including six Ontario 4U or 4M credits (or equivalent).
- Requires English (ENG4U minimum 75% required) plus one 4U credit in each of Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Students must possess a minimum average of 75%, including the required courses, to be considered for acceptance into the program.
- Medical documentation re Health Status and Immunization Records.
- Full Hepatitis B Immunization.
- Current CPR Certification (within the past 12 months) from a provider satisfactory to the School of Nursing.
- Two-step TB tests or clearance.
- Annual influenza vaccination is strongly recommended.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience
- Students do not require any kind of work experience for this program.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirement….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Closed for application.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supplies||$750||$750||$750||$750|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Board||$ 9825|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- Students must have a study permit to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- Study Permit and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- A study permit is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Study Permit is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
Students may qualify to Work while studying off-campus without a work permit. If student qualify, their study permit will allow them to:
- Work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and
- Work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.
To qualify, the student must:
- Have a valid study permit
- Be a full-time student.
- Be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level.
Career and Placement after Course
Head Nurses and SupervisorsNurses (RNs)
Among the 5 colleges I shortlist, I decided to opt for Fleming College because they were committed to provide Learning, creativity, and sustainability through their hands-on curriculum. With my GPA of 8.2, I applied here though the admission portal available online. The application fee that I had to pay for it was $100.
Course Curriculum :
Our program is offering us the opportunities for practical application of theoretical principles, we have a specific focus for each level of the program- theory and practice around wellness, illness, community, specialized and complex care issues. Some of the main courses that we study in this program are Nursing theory, Nursing practice, Professional issues, Human anatomy, Physiology, and Pathophysiology.