Fleming College Peterborough Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
Fleming College (FC) is a public academic institute with main campus of college in Peterborough (Sutherland campus). The other three campuses are located in Lindsay, Cobourg, and Haliburton. With a top-rating in 17 impact areas, Fleming College has earned Stars GOLD Rating in recognition of its sustainability achievements.
Committed to “Learning, creativity, and sustainability”, the college is one of the top 50 institutes of Canada which has been offering high-quality education globally for decades. The admissions to Fleming College are available in three seasonal intakes of September, January, and May. Fleming College offers more than 100 programs in the diverse fields of Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, to name a few, at almost every level.
With a student enrolment of around 6,800 students including over 1000 international applicants from around the world, the institute is a building ground of practical and career-based learning, preparing individuals for successful careers ahead. A province-accountability tool, KPI gives Fleming’s student satisfaction rate as 76.1%.
Fleming College Ranking
- 11th in Ontario and 29th nationally out of top 50 Research Colleges in Canada by Research Infosource Inc.
- 103rd National Rank in Canada by Ranking Web of Universities
|No of campuses||4|
|Courses||Over 100 full time programs|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, Online|
|Employment Satisfaction Rate||90%|
|English Language Proficiency||TOEFL/IELTS/CAEL|
Top Programs in Fleming College
Fleming College Courses
FC provides an array of courses at almost every level which includes diploma, certificate, apprenticeship, post-graduate, and continuing education programs. Depending upon the fields of interest, the available courses can be divided into 7 categories namely, Art and Design; Environmental and Natural Resource Science; Business; General Arts and Science; Health and Wellness; Justice and Community development; and Trades and Technology.
Fleming College Campus
The College is spread around 4 lush and huge campuses which are Sutherland Campus, Frost Campus, Haliburton Campus, and Cobourg Campus. The campuses are culturally diverse and enriching sites offering constant growth and learning to their students.
Sutherland Campus (Main Campus)
- Largest campus of the college spread out across 200 acres of land.
- Approximately 4,380 full-time students are enrolled here.
- Over 70 full-time programs are offered in Health and Wellness, Trades and Technology, Law and Justice, Community Development, Business, Heritage and Design as well as college/university preparation.
Fleming College Accommodation Options
The available choices include on-campus stay, private off-campus residences, homestays, among others.
- On-campus accommodation is available in 3 residencies namely, Sutherland Residence Village, Severn Residence (Peterborough) and Frost Residence (Lindsay).
- The residences ensure to provide its students with a safe and healthy environment with quiet study areas. The students can also opt for same-gender and mixed-gender housing or fully-furnished suite-style living, depending upon their preferences.
- With constant social, recreational and academic programs being organized from time-to-time, the on-campus residence is a lively and exciting community to be a part of.
Cost of on-campus accommodation for 2 semesters:
- Sutherland Residence- 5,169 CAD
- Severn and Frost Residences- 4,712 CAD
The off-campus community has been offering a protected and affordable living community to the students for over 30 years now. For help finding off-campus accommodation near campus, the students can also seek the support of the below-mentioned sources:
- Rent Seeker
- Pad Mapper
Cost of living off-campus
- Room In A Private Home: 413 and above (in CAD, per month; most economical).
- Apartment, House or Cottage: 638 or 713 and above (in CAD per month; for 1 and 2 bedrooms, respectively).
Fleming College Admission Process
Admission process forms an integral and crucial aspect for aspirants seeking to enroll in a particular organization. Mandatory deadlines and step by step application process to be considered before sending in entries to FC are mentioned below.
The admissions to the institute are available in three seasonal intakes. Though there are no fixed deadlines for enrolling at the college, there is but an early consideration deadline which is February 1.
How to Apply?
Application process in a few easy steps:
- Fill an online application on the official website after considering a program of interest and its corresponding eligibility.
- Submit the finished application along with an application fee of 100 CAD.
- Upload the required documents like academic transcripts and test scores.
- Keep updated with application status and accept an offer of place when received via email.
- Academic transcripts and previous academic records in English certified or notarized.
- English language proficiency has to be demonstrated through standardized tests taken for the purpose like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Financial documents showing enough funds to cover the fees. Under SDS rules GIC account with 10,000 CAD needs to be opened either with Scotia or ICICI bank.
- Statement of purpose
- Passport Copy ID pages
English Proficiency Test Score Requirements
The College requires those students to demonstrate English language proficiency whose native language is other than English. Some of the accepted tests and scores are listed here:
|Accepted Tests||Diplomas & Certificates||Pharmacy Technician Diploma||Graduate certificate|
|IELTS||6.0 with no module less than 5.5||6.5 with no module less than 6.0||6.5 with no module less than 6.0|
|TOEFL iBT||80 with no sub-score less than 20||91 (21 L/22R/23S/25W||88 with no sub-score less than 22|
Fleming College Cost of Attendance
Having an estimate of the cost of living and the minimum accounts required to survive in a foreign land is a necessary step to be considered before applying for admission. An estimated cost of attendance for an aspirant of FC is compiled as follows.
Tuition fee required for different programs available at the institute varies as per their duration and level. The fee for some of the popular courses is as tabulated below.
|Name of Course||Per Semester Fee in CAD|
|Computer Engineering Technology||8,061|
|Supply Chain Management||8,839|
Other expenses to be considered apart from the basic tuition fee is as follows:
|Type of Expenditure||Cost (annually, in CAD)|
|Books and Supplies||1,200|
|Phone & Miscellaneous||2,500|
Fleming College Scholarships/ Financial Aid
International aspirants seeking to avail scholarships to study in Canada can doubtlessly apply to FC and avail a proportion of 1,500,000 CAD that the college annually offers as bursaries and scholarships. The available awards are both merit and need-based and can be availed by registering through an online application. Some of the studentships available at the college are as follows:
|Name of Scholarship||Amount (in CAD)||Awarded in Semester||Eligibility Criteria|
International Education Student Scholarship
|262||Winter||Full-time international candidates with a GPA of 3.6 or above|
|International Education Flow-through Bursaries||258||Fall||Full-time international candidates with recent GPA of 3.6 or more|
|Tourism- Global Travel Student Bursary||380||Fall and Winter (1 each)||A second (winter)/ third (fall) semester student enrolled in Tourism - Global Travel program;
GPA of 2.0 or above in need of financial aid
Fleming College, Ontario, Canada Placements
- The college assists its students in getting suitable internships and placements through online job postings, On-Campus recruiting, and job fairs and by providing various sources like LinkedIn advertising and advising.
- Workshops are organized for giving training in resume and cover letter writing and for job searching techniques.
- The college conducts mock interviews and employer presentations along with conferences for labor market information to make the students aware of the market demands.
- The college has its online career service portal through which employers are brought at the same platform where students can meet their requirements with their credentials.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Fleming College is one of the oldest colleges in Ontario & it is known for its strict schedules & educational environment. For me particularly Fleming has best curriculum designed for Supply Chain & Global Logistics Program, it is filled with application based learning & studies that can help to particularly thrive in Canadian business fraternity.
Course Curriculum :
The course is really well articulated with industry requirements, it also includes a Professional certification from CIFFA which can help in grabbing a good job after graduating.
Fleming college is well known for its forensics program. The faculty and staff teach here very nicely. Labs are well maintained.
Course Curriculum :
The course syllabus exactly matches the required chapters that are required to be done during the course. Academics are well divided in forms of quizzes and assignments.
After being selected in 3 colleges, I decided to go forward with Fleming College because this institute is a building ground of practical and career-based learning and my placement will be secured after graduating from here. I had to pay $100 to apply through the online application portal of the official website of the college.
Course Curriculum :
The program is unique with specialization in forensics and biotechnology. This advanced diploma program took six semesters to complete, however, the program has been designed in an accelerated, compressed format, to provide six semesters of course work over five semesters. Through the Courses in the program, we used to integrate theory and practice opportunities in labs and practice settings. We were trained to become critical thinkers with problem-solving abilities, strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills and a solid foundation in forensic/DNA/medical applications.
Among the 5 colleges I shortlist, I decided to opt for Fleming College because they were committed to provide Learning, creativity, and sustainability through their hands-on curriculum. With my GPA of 8.2, I applied here though the admission portal available online. The application fee that I had to pay for it was $100.
Course Curriculum :
Our program is offering us the opportunities for practical application of theoretical principles, we have a specific focus for each level of the program- theory and practice around wellness, illness, community, specialized and complex care issues. Some of the main courses that we study in this program are Nursing theory, Nursing practice, Professional issues, Human anatomy, Physiology, and Pathophysiology.
It is one of the leading comprehensive university, with three vibrant urban campuses and deeply rooted partnerships at home and around the world and keeping these in mind, I decided to apply here. My GPA was 6, and I had to submit a common application form. I was keen to get admitted here as my parents are from this college. The application fee was $100.
Course Curriculum :
Fleming's two-year Culinary Management program is designed to provide graduates with strong, entry-level culinary management techniques, life skills, and interpersonal skills which will contribute to your potential for career advancement in a team-based hospitality environment.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary