Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students have to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics (C or U)
- Students must provide a valid Transport Canada Marine Medical certificate stating fit for sea service or fit for sea service with limitations.
- For advanced standing entry into the 3rd year (Semester 5 and 6) of the program, the following additional requirements apply:
- Students must complete the Marine Engineering Cadet Training Program in Canada
- Or, students hold a Certificate of Competency as a Marine Engineer issued under the STCW Convention
- Or, Students have an equivalent level of knowledge demonstrated through an interview and portfolio of experience.
- Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school students may also be considered for admission.
- Students who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing also get admission to this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they have any one of the following certificates:
- All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSCE)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Indian School Certificate (ISC)
- Intermediate Examination Certificate
- Pre-University Examination Certificate
- Diploma / Degree certificate Mark sheets for each year of study.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/any equivalent test to get admission to this program.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Application form: All international student applications must be submitted through the International Application System (IAS), where program availability is located.
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Students need to show proof of graduation, subjects are taken and grades received.
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Clinical and field placement forms: Students have to submit documents required prior to the start of registration in order to ensure students' placement and to allow participation in clinical and field placement facilities.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit original or certified copies of English language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
Career and Placement after Course
Possible career opportunities are:
- Ship’s Engineering Officer
- Chief Engineer
- Marine Engineer