Georgian College is a public college established in the year 1967. The college offers Full-time, Part-Time and Preparation programs in English Medium only. This college is located in Ontario, Canada. It is well-known for its excellence in innovation.
Why choose Georgian College?
Georgian College is the Automotive Business School of Canada which offers diploma in marketing in English and bilingual languages. Some other reasons to opt. for this institute are mentioned below:
Rankings and standings
- Webometrics ranked Georgian college 93rd in Canada.
- Received the highest score among Ontario colleges in the International Students Barometer Survey (ISB)
- Ranked number two among all Canadian colleges and universities and #3 in the world
- According to the Macleans, Georgian college has student satisfaction rate of 83%
- The institute has an employee satisfaction rate of 90.2%
- The Orillia District Chamber of Commerce honored Georgian College at Business Achievement Awards
- 87.8% graduates found work in within six months of graduation
What do students say?
- The Dean acknowledges the student’s hard work and dedication
- English for Academic Purposes helps students to overcome the challenges
- Students will get opportunities to know about many different cultures and have significant experience
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of full-time Students||11000|
|Number of International Students||1600+|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Diploma||CAD $13,500 to CAD $14,500 approximately|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Degree||CAD $16,500 to CAD $18,500 approximately|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Graduate Certificate||CAD $16,500 to CAD $20,000 approximately|
|Test Score Accepted||TOEFL iBT, PTE, Academic IELTS, Paper-Based TOEFL, YELT, TOEIC, CAEL, CAE, MELAB, Graduate of Level 8 of Georgian’s GAAS - English for Academic Purposes|
Explore the beautiful campuses of Georgia University
The Georgian college has seven different campuses namely Barrie, Orillia, Owen Sound, Midland, Muskoka, South Georgian Bay, and Orangeville. Following is the short description related to each campus and facilities provided by them:
- Barrie Campus
- This campus offers degree studies and combined degree-diploma programs and is known for its friendly residents and lifestyle.
- It is home to healthcare teaching clinics as well as laboratories and technology-enhanced classrooms.
- It has an art gallery, changemaker space, library, student lounges, public clinics, innovation labs etc.
- Orillia Campus
- Over 1,600 students can do a study on this campus.
- Honors Bachelor of Police Studies, Police Foundations, Protection, Security and Investigation, Child and Youth Care, Veterinary Assistant and Veterinary Technician, plus numerous graduate certificate programs are taught in this campus.
- It has a library, theatre, veterinary clinic, cafeteria and meditative labyrinth.
- Owen Sound Campus
- This campus offers a graduate certificate in Marine Engineering Management.
- It is located on Georgian Bay.
- It has a library, cafeteria, student lounge, on-campus residence, power engineering lab, power engineering lab, video conferencing classroom, and a fitness center.
- Midland Campus
- It provides education and training facility to North Simcoe.
- It offers electrical, mechanical, welding and plumbing programs.
- This is the regional campus of Georgia college.
- It has a cafeteria, indigenous resource center, recreational boating center of excellence, skilled trades center and video conferencing.
- Muskoka Campus
- The campus offers 250 full-time and 700 part-time programs in the areas such as Healthcare, skilled trades, and business.
- It has computer labs, free parking, multimedia classrooms, student lounge and video conferencing classroom.
- South Georgian Bay Campus
- This campus offers programs in the areas such as Business, Administration, and Skilled Trades.
- It has computer lab, lunchroom, six-bed nursing lab and student resource center.
- Orangeville Campus
- The campus offers programs in areas such as business, computers, corporate training, design and visuals arts, hospitality and tourism and languages.
- It has a community room, computer labs, nursing simulation lab, student lounge and videoconferencing classroom.
Housing Facilities/ Residence
Georgian college provides various on-campus and off-campus housing options to their students. Following is the detailed explanation of different housing facilities:
On-campus residences are offered at three campuses such as Barrie, Orillia, and Owen Sound. Barrie campus has two-bedroom suites whereas Orillia Campus and Owen Sound Campus has four-bedroom suites. Following are the facilities offered by both the campuses:
- The bedroom has satellite television, internet, three-drawer dresser, closet organizer and an oversized double bed.
- The Kitchen has a microwave, a full-size refrigerator, kitchen table and chairs and a preparation area complete with sink and storage area.
Choose the right one from various programs offered
Georgian college offers full-time programs, Part-time programs, and Preparation programs. The courses are taught in English and Bilingual language. Level of study and field of study are shown below:
Areas of study
Full time program
Part time program
Life and Leisure courses
Professional Development courses
Academic and career preparation
English Language Studies
Students can choose programs from the following field of studies:
|Automotive Business||Business and Management|
|Community Safety||Computer Studies|
|Design and Visual Arts||Engineering and Environmental Technologies|
|Health, Wellness and Sciences||Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation|
|Human Services||Indigenous studies|
|Liberal Arts||Marine Studies|
All you need to know about the Application Process
Students are required to fulfill the following requirements while seeking admission in Georgian University.
- An IELTS score of 6.0 to prove English Language Proficiency
- College or University transcripts with proof of graduation
- High school transcripts with proof of graduation
- Other language tests - TOEFL iBT, PTE, Academic IELTS, Paper-Based TOEFL, YELT, TOEIC, CAEL, CAE, MELAB, Graduate of Level 8 of Georgian’s GAAS - English for Academic Purposes
The following tables shows the exact marks required from English Proficiency Test for applying in each level of study:
|Exams||Diploma/Certificate||BScN||Pharmacy Technician||Degree Studies||Graduate Certificate|
|TOEFL Internet-based test (IBT)||79||**89||91 (minimum bands of 23 in Speaking, 25 in Writing , 22 in Reading and 21 in Listening)||**89||**89|
|TOEFL Paper-based test||550||580||580||580||580|
|IELTS Academic only||6.0||7.0||6.5 (with no band less than 6.0)||6.5||6.5|
|Graduate of Level 8 of Georgian’s GAAS - English for Academic Purposes||60% in certificate or completion of level 8 with 70% or higher||N/A||N/A||Completion of Level 8 with 75% or higher||Completion of Level 8 with 80% or higher|
|Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL)||60||N/A||N/A||***60||***60|
|Pearson Test of Academic English (PTE)||58||N/A||N/A||61||61|
|Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)||170||N/A||N/A||175||175|
|Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)||76||N/A||81 (minimum bands of 3+ in Speaking, 80 in Writing, 83 in Reading and 80 in Listening)||78||82|
|** Require minimum bands of 22 in writing and 22 in speaking|
|*** Minimum bands of 50|
How, when and where to apply?
Students are advised to apply for the programs as soon as possible because highly competitive programs have a deadline of February 1 for all intakes.
- Visit the official website of Georgian College
- Click on the How to apply option under Admission section
- Click on the Apply tab
- Click on the International Application Form
- Fill all the personal, qualification and fee payment details
- Upload the required documents
- Pay the application fees
- Students have to pay the application fee of amount CAD $100
- Application fees once paid is non-refundable
- Applications won’t process without paying an application fee
What after you get admission?
Georgian college provides co-op part-time working opportunities to students. It has an employee satisfaction rate of 90.2%.
What it costs to study in Georgian College
The tuition fee charged by Georgian college varies from course to course. All tuition fees include health insurance, ID card, activity fees, education technology and co-op fee.
Tuition fee for International Students
Tuition fee for Diploma
Approx. $13,500 to $14,500
Tuition fee for Degree
Approx. $16,500 to $18,500
Tuition Fee for Graduate certificate
Approx. $16,500 to $20,000
|Homestay (with meals)||$750 to $825|
|Homestay (without meals)||$500|
|Room for rent||$500 to $1000|
Tuition Fee Deadline
|Fall||September 8, 2018|
|Winter||January 21, 2019|
|Summer||May 21, 2019|
Financial Aids to help students fund their education
Georgian college offers scholarships, awards, bursaries and financial aids to the deserving students. Students can also apply for Loans and Grants through OSAP.
Scholarships and Awards
- Aspire - Canada Scholarship Program, 2017: $1,000
- IAL Research Grants for Doctoral Studies: $100,000 including tuition + monthly stipend
- HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships
- NEADS National Student Awards Program 2018: $3,000
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program, 2018-19
- MOE-AU Scholarship for Singaporean Students, 2017
- NWO Rubicon Scholarship, 2018
- Joubin or Selig Scholarship for Post-Secondary Education: $5,000
- Ciencia Sem Fronteiras (Science Without Borders, CsF)
The Georgian college offers bursary of minimum amount $500 which varies from term to term. The following list shows the type of Bursaries offered by Georgian college:
- Indigenous Student Bursary
- Georgian Bursary
- Métis Nation of Ontario Bursary
- Ontario First Generation Bursary
- Tuition Assistance Bursary
Work while you study
Students can work on or off campus while studying at the institute. They will have to fulfil the following conditions respectively.
- Study full time in a program
- Have a valid study permit
- Have a SIN (Social Insurance Number)
- Can work a maximum of 20 hours/ week during the school year
- Can work full time during school holidays
- Have a valid study permit
- Study full time in a program at a recognized institution.
- Have already started studying
- Studying to obtain a degree, diploma or certificate with duration of at least 6 months
- Have a SIN (Social Insurance Number)
Note: Students need to provide study permit and other documents while applying for SIN. Whether working on campus or off campus, SIN is required to work in Canada.
Knowing a few from the wide alumni network
Georgian College offers 50 perks to their alumni. Following are the some of the perks received by alumni:
- 3 complimentary acupuncture treatments per calendar year, as well as 10% off spa services
- Receive savings at Georgian College Optical on eyeglass purchases and contact lenses
- Alumni can book their wedding, reunion, Christmas party, or any special gathering at the Georgian Dining Room
- Alumni receive a 10% discount on hair services
Some of the notable alumni are as follows:
- Arnesh Misra: Second Officer, McAsphalt Marine Transportation Ltd.
- Tara Andrews: Owner and operator, Beyond Buoyancy Aquatics
- Ali Khonsari: Vice-President of Image Dental Laboratory
- Mike Kelly: Director of Sports Development, National Golf in Schools Program
- Nicole Saulnier: Owner, Georgian Bay Airways
- Geoffrey Stephens: President and Controlling Owner, Capital Paving Inc.