Graduate Certificate (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
International Student Tution
- Graduate Certificate in A.I. and Machine Learning at Lambton College is offered as a 2-years teaching program.
- This certificate program has a co-op work option.
- To be eligible to participate in a full-time Co-op Work Term, students must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater.
- The student to faculty ratio is 47:1 which bridges the gap between faculty and students.
- Some of the main courses that students will study in this program are:
- Big Data Fundamental Data Storage Networking
- Data Visualization for AI and ML
- Data Mining and Analysis
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Software Tools and Emerging Technologies for AI and ML
- This Program curriculum includes the development of AI and ML models to identify patterns, provide insights, recommend actions or perform tasks.
- Students design and apply AI and ML systems that will take into account an organization’s manufacturing and automation needs.
- As team communication in AI and ML is essential for organizational success, students learn applied project management skills, in addition to reporting communications and recommendations for various audiences, stakeholders, and purposes.
- A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years.
- A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student's study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length.
- International students who complete their program of study at Lambton College may be eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP). The PGWPP allows students to gain valuable Canadian work experience.
- Graduates of this diploma program would receive credit for the first two years of the AAIT degree program if they maintain a 70% overall average and upon completion of two small additional course modules.
- Graduates will have the in-demand skills to operate at entry and intermediate roles on an AI and ML project in a variety of industries and occupational areas, including but not limited to technology implementation, business transformation, management, and consulting. Career positions may include, but are not limited to:
- Business Intelligence Designer,
- Robotics Process Analyst,
- AI Interaction Designer,
- Artificial Intelligence Technologist,
- Machine Learning Analyst,
- Machine Learning Technologist, etc with an average salary of 46,475 USD per year.
|Degree Type Offered||Certificate|
|Fees||$ 25837 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Apr 30)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Aug 31)|
|Admission Intake||summer (Deadline - Dec 31)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a GPA of 2.8 or greater out of 4.
- Students may have one of the degrees:
- A university degree or
- College diploma or
- Advanced diploma
- Students must have O.S.S.D. (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent.
- Grade 12 English C or U is compulsory for this program.
- Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics C or U.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- An acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College to be equivalent to the above and have English proficiency at the college level.
English Language proficiency:
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Philippines, and Pakistan should note that IELTS is the only proficiency score accepted by the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program.
- Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
- Not all students will qualify for EAP-3106 in place of the required IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the required….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
|fall||Apr 30, 2021|
|winter||Aug 31, 2021|
|summer||Dec 31, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Personal Exp||$ 263|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- Students must have a study permit to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- Study Permit and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- A study permit is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Study Permit is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- The work-study program offers part-time, on-campus jobs for full-time students with financial need.
- Work-study jobs pay minimum wage or higher. Students can earn up to $2000 per term including vacation pay and benefits, and work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Career and Placement after Course
- Business Intelligence Designer
- Robotics Process Analyst
- AI Interaction Designer
- Artificial Intelligence Technologist
- Machine Learning Analyst
- Machine Learning Technologist
- AI System Developer
- Business Transformation Consultant
The fact that its in Canada the land of opportunities is the first thing which struck me. Then the AL AND ML course which the most booming or sort after courses in the world right now. The location of lambton college Toronto is favourable for good practical exposure in the form of internships in the field of data science, deep learning and Artificial Intelligence l. The course also offers co-op opportunities which will help build my resume or can even land me my dream job. The faculty teaching all the subjects in the course are highly experienced in the related field and do not just have a namesake degree in the subject. Their practical exposure of the real world and relatable industry approach makes it easier for learning and understanding topics better.
Course Curriculum :
The course starts of with exposure to all the basic understanding and knowledge required to go ahead in the subject. The curriculum is designed in such a way that any person with little or no knowledge about programming and data science can pick up and eventually work on complex tasks. All the subjects are in match or sych with the latest trends and technologies offered or being used in the current day top companies. We have to work on research about various topics and also make projects for grades.