Master of Computer Science [M.C.S]
Offered by Faculty of Graduate Studies, Concordia University
International Student Tution
- Master of Computer Science at Concordia University is offered as a 2-year program.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis and part-time studies are not available for this program.
- This program is provided both on-campus and off-campus.
- The Computer Science program at Concordia University also cracked the Maclean’s Top 10 in 2020.
- This program consists of coursework and research, end up in the presentation of a thesis.
- A student is required to complete a minimum of 45 credits successfully.
- Students can apply for scholarship programs initiated by the Government of Canada up to 40,664 USD per year.
- Studying and living in Canada may cost up to 28,500-29,250 USD per year for an international student.
- The main topics of the program are:
- Topics in Software Engineering
Software Engineering Development Processes
Software Comprehension and Maintenance
Advanced Programming Practices
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:16.
- Students gain knowledge in computer science and/or software engineering at the theoretical and practical levels.
- The department’s highest degree, students can pursue their training at the Doctoral level (Ph.D.)
- The acceptance rate at Concordia College is 65.1% so after every 100 applicants, 65 are admitted.
- Graduate students of computer science and software engineering may apply for positions as teaching assistants within the department.
- The 2020 QS World University Rankings ranked the university 462nd in the world.
- Students may have job opportunities as Software Developer, Web Developer, etc with an average salary of 46,475 USD per year.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students required a bachelor's degree in computer science or other disciplines such as engineering, sciences, and mathematics from a recognized university, with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.3.
- If English is not the students’ first language they must provide proof of English competency.
- Student needs to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/PTE any equivalent test.
- The GRE is not required to get admission in the Concordia Unversity.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Applicant must have one of the following with grade B or first division:
- Bachelor’s degree - minimum 4-year program;
- or a 3-year program plus a 2-year Master’s degree.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
90 / 120
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #201/ 500
Computer Science and Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship|| $20,000 || Yes || N/A |
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship|| $8,459 || Yes || N/A |
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 31 Mar, 2020 |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management|| Variable || Yes || 01 Apr, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 09 Mar, 2020 |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Paul Foundation scholarships|| $20,174 || Yes || N/A |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student visa before entering Canada.
- A Student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- They must have a study permit to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Study Permit.
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- A Student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a student visa:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Both full-time and part-time students can avail of work while studying in Canada options.
- A student can be hired for only one Work-Study position. Students can find and apply for jobs on Career Exploration and Education website.
- Student eligibility for the Work-Study Program is based upon students meeting this criterion:
- Have proof of a government student aid package of at least 1,500 USD.
- Be registered at Concordia University as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- Work Part-time during the academic year to earn around 2,250 USD.
- Work Full time during the summer months to earn close to 4,500 USD.
Career and Placement after Course
After completing this program, students have job opportunities in:
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Developer
- Information Security Analyst