King's University College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
King’s University College, Canada is a Catholic liberal arts college affiliated to Western University. Presently, it houses 3500 domestic and international students. The student to faculty ratio of the university college is 24:1.
Academic sessions at the King’s University College begins in Fall and Winter sessions. The university college offers degree programs in arts, social sciences, management, and social work.
- The application fee of $166 is uniform for all prospective applicants.
- The average class size at King’s UV is 57.
- The university college offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
|Application Portal||OUAC Portal|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||$166|
|Mode of Payment||Master-Card/ American Express/Visa|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Winter|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries|
King’s University College Important Dates
International applicants applying for admission at King’s University College must use the OUAC portal. Applicants are advised to remember the important dates given below:
- October 1: application forms for the Fall and Winter admissions are available.
- March 1: 105 application deadline for Early consideration
- June 1: full-time application deadline.
In January, applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, space is limited.
King’s University College International Admissions
International students applying for admission at King’s University College are advised to check the admission requirements. Applicants are required to provide additional documents at the time of admission.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- All the academic records/transcripts from the previously attended institution(s).
- Certified by the institution's office registrar.
- Sent directly from the issuing institute a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts that are not in English, must be accompanied along with the certified English translation.
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- Departmental requirements: In addition to the general admission requirements, some departments require a separate departmental application, portfolio, audition or interview.
English Proficiency Test Scores
King’s UC asks international applicants to demonstrate a certain level of fluency in English language. Applicants must meet the minimum score requirement of any one of the following tests:
|Test Name||Minimum Required Score|
Visa Process for International Students
- To study in Canada for more than 6 months, one should need a study permit.
- Once the admission offer is received from the college, the applicant must apply for a study permit.
- It has to be done through Citizenship & Immigration Canada Website
- International applicants from India, China, Philippines and Vietnam are eligible for Student Direct Stream which helps them receive a study permit faster. The documents needed are:
- An acceptance letter from the institution
- Proof of payment of tuition fee for the first year
- Live outside Canada while applying
- Have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate of 10,000 CAD (Similar to the proof of Financial ability)
- Medical exam and Police certificate if applicable
- Language Test Scores
- Along with the study permit, the applicant needs a visitor visa or an ETA to be granted entry to Canada.
- A visitor visa costs CAD 100.
- Applicants will need to apply for a Visitor Visa here
King’s University College Undergraduate Admissions
Presently, King’s University College offers a variety of UG major and minor programs in academic fields like History, Economics, Political Science. The application process and requirements are similar for all the programs.
Application Portal: OUAC Application
Application Fee: $166
Admission Requirements: Applicants must provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- High school diploma/ Secondary school transcript
- The minimum average score of 60%
- English proficiency test score for international applicants
- Personal Statement that is not less than 350 words on the topic given.
- Reference from either teacher, counselor, chaplain, or principal
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
Upon completion of the application, an acknowledgment mail will be received by the applicant with King's/Western Student ID number on top of the mail. The applicant can follow the instructions given in the mail closely to activate the student ID. The applicant can further keep track of the status of their application by logging in here with the activated student ID.