Luther College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Luther College is a liberal arts college that has a progressive understanding of Christianity. The college received around 4419 applications for 2018 class. 2,764 applicants of the total were accepted by the college. However, only 557 accepted applicants enrolled with the college. The student population of class 2018 had around 10% international applicants. The college offers only undergraduate degrees and certificates.
- The intake seasons are September to December for Fall term, January to April for Winter term, and May to August for Spring/Summer term.
- International applicants can either apply online with University of Regina Admission Portal or offline through a paper application.
- The application status can be checked by the applicants on the University of Regina Admission Login Page.
- The Canadian college required standardized test scores for admissions.
|Application Portal||Paper Application or University of Regina Portal|
|Mode of Payment||Cash, Cheque, Money order, Visa Mastercard or American Express|
|Average SAT Score||Math & Reading/ Writing Score: 1190/1600|
|Average ACT Score||25|
|International Application Deadlines||Fall– March 1;
Winter– September 1;
Spring/Summer– January 31
|Intake Seasons||Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer|
|Work Experience||Recommended for transfer students|
|Interview||Required for admission in the professional program|
Luther College Admissions Deadlines
International applicants are required to send in their applications by the following deadlines:
Luther College Undergraduate Admissions
International applicants are required to submit additional documents when applying for the UG courses with Luther College. The admission requirements for international applicants are briefed below:
Where to apply: University of Regina Admissions Portal
Application fee: 100 CAD
- Submit the high school transcripts that are in English
- Translations of transcripts can be provided either in English or French.
- Submit all the official transcripts from all the post-secondary institutions attended.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (ELP). If the applicant has no ELP then the college issues a conditional letter of acceptance.
- Copy of the passport.
- Standardized test scores
- ACT: 26 (average score)
- SAT: 1188 (average score)
- The documents are accepted through the email, fax or courier.
- The original documents are needed to submit after the applicant arrives at Regina, Saskatchewan.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants are required to submit proof of English language proficiency. The minimum test score requirements are for undergraduate courses and nursing program are mentioned below:
|Tests||Minimum score required||Minimum Requirement for Nursing|
|IELTS||6.5 with no band less than 6.0||7.0|
|CanTest||Listening – 4.5
Reading – 4.5
Writing – 4.0
|Listening – 4.5
Reading – 4.5
Writing – 4.5
Visa Process for International Students
Apply for the student visa after getting the acceptance letter to the University of Regina.
- Check with the Canadian Embassy or Consulate nearest on the documents required for a student visa.
- Documents required –
- Proof of acceptance
- The candidate needs to submit the identification documents such as Electronic Travel Authorization.
- Proof of financial support such as bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars, proof that states that the applicant has paid tuition and housing fees, proof of a Canadian bank account in the applicant’s name, bank statements for the past four months, proof of funding paid from within Canada, if the applicant has any scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
- Apply for a study permit from Canada.
- Requirements for a study permit are as follows:
- A valid passport
- Application fee (billed in CND)
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Medical examination
International applicants can contact the Recruitment Office at email@example.com for queries regarding admissions. Applicants with a Gap Year are offered different admission requirements. The admission documents and study permit should be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.